Author Topic: Bolivia mayor dragged through streets, has hair cut by protesters as election violence swells  (Read 285 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt, this is actually pretty mild compared to what is going on in Mexico.  Unacceptable still from what I'm aware of, I did not know this about the "members" of the opposition killed though.

Bolivia mayor dragged through streets, has hair cut by protesters as election violence swells
By Travis Fedschun | Fox News

Meanwhile, in the town of Vinto, located about 210 miles from Cochabamba, the mayor of the governing Mas party was attacked by protesters after rumors that two members of the opposition had been killed by supporters of Morales, according to the BBC.

Police rescue Vinto mayor Patricia Arce Guzman on a motorcycle after people threw paint and dirt on her following a fire in Vinto's Town Hall, Quillacollo, Bolivia, November 6, 2019. (Los Tiempos Bolivia/Social Media via REUTERS)

Vinto Mayor Patricia Arce Guzman was confronted at the town hall by protesters, who then dragged her out barefoot through the streets of the town as windows at the city building were broken and her office was set on fire.

Guzman was then forced to kneel down as demonstrators cut her hair, doused her in red paint, and forced her to sign a resignation letter all while yelling "murderess, murderess," according to the BBC.

Article: https://www.foxnews.com/world/bolivia-mayor-disputed-election-violence-protester-hair-cut

I just thought, they were upset with her. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Story trending on Bing news, just about to post it., @TomSea

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️