Author Topic: Antonio Brown blasts NFL, seems to announce retirement  (Read 636 times)

Offline Applewood

Antonio Brown blasts NFL, seems to announce retirement
« on: November 07, 2019, 08:36:41 pm »
Antonio Brown blasts NFL, seems to announce retirement

(WARNING -- STRONG LANGUAGE)

Antonio Brown is now considered Mr. Drama himself. Set to meet with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell next week, the Pro Bowler took to Instagram on Thursday to blast the league while seemingly announcing his retirement from football.

"F--k nfl I’m going down another path no more making money off my blood and sweat! No more control of my name and body clear my name I am done with it ! So you fantasy f--ks can let it go,” Brown wrote on IG.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-blasts-nfl-seems-to-announce-retirement/ar-BBWqs9N?ocid=spartandhp
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:38:48 pm by Applewood »

Offline Applewood

Re: Antonio Brown blasts NFL, seems to announce retirement
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:38:04 pm »
If true:

Don't let the door hit you in the arse, Antonio.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:13:57 pm »
Bye, Felicia!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:22:22 pm »
A classic case of shooting oneself in one's own foot, see also, Kaepernick, C.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 09:53:39 pm »
Who the heck is Antonio Brown and why should I care?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »
I remember reading an article in the sixties about Jerry Lucas then one of the top players in the NBA.
Lucas's big goal was to become a millionaire. At the time only a few top athletes in the NBA, like Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain, made around one hundred thousand annually.
Today a player of Lucas's stature  can make one hundred million dollars on just one contract signing.
Lucas eventually did become a millionaire through shrewd investments and his post-basketball career as a memory expert.
But today's pro athletes have simply no idea how lucky they are to be pro athletes at the top level.

p.s.
Lucas had phenomenal aptitudes in math, memory, and vocabulary tricks.
For instance, while playing in a game, he knew exactly how many points, rebounds, and other stats every player on both teams had throughout the game.
On the Johnny Carson Show after his career was over he demonstrated his ability to instantaneously put words in alphabetical order. Give him a multi-syllabic word, and he could instantly arrange it in alphabetical order. He had numerous other memory/word tricks.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 10:46:24 pm »
Who the heck is Antonio Brown and why should I care?

A once decent wide receiver but now a whiny primadonna. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Brown

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 04:05:33 pm »
Is Antonio Brown Building a Collusion Case Against the NFL?
Antonio Brown's obscenity-laden tweet directed at the NFL is the latest puzzling decision the free agent wide receiver has made regarding the league. Could his accusations be part of a broader attempt to build a collusion case against the NFL and its teams?

Michael McCann
    14 hours ago

Is free agent wide receiver Antonio Brown building a case for collusion against the NFL and its teams?

This possibility emerged on Thursday when the 31-year-old four-time All-Pro tweeted an obscenity-laden tweet directed at the NFL, whom he accuses of racism:

Brown’s tweet followed a report by ESPN’s Josina Anderson that Brown will meet in person with NFL investigators next Thursday. The timing of Brown’s incendiary tweet seemed illogical: he is about to meet with a league that could effectively end his professional football career. Of all times to attack the NFL and accuse league officials of being racist, the worst time is probably right before a meeting with the league. That’s unless Brown has an ulterior motive (more on that below).  ...

...     In other words, Brown’s potential argument that teams didn’t sign him because of unestablished sexual assault accusations wouldn’t be proof of collusion.  ...
 Full story at Sports Illustrated
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org