Author Topic: Texas Voters Approve Constitutional Ban On State Income Tax  (Read 682 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Voters Approve Constitutional Ban On State Income Tax
« on: November 06, 2019, 09:06:21 pm »
   Texas Voters Approve Constitutional Ban On State Income Tax
By Zachary Evans

November 6, 2019 10:52 AM

Texas voters on Tuesday approved an amendment to the state’s constitution banning an income tax.

While Texas is already one of seven states that does not have an income tax, the amendment will make it extremely difficult to impose the tax in the future.

“Today’s passage of Prop 4 is a victory for taxpayers across the Lone Star State,” said Republican Governor Greg Abbot. “I am grateful to Rep. Jeff Leach for his bold leadership on this issue, and for the overwhelming majority of Texans who voted to ensure that our great state will always be free of a state income tax.

“This ban on such a disastrous tax will keep our economy prosperous, protect taxpayers, and ensure that Texas remains the best state to live, work, and raise a family,” Abbot continued.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/texas-voters-approve-constitutional-ban-on-state-income-tax/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Texas Voters Approve Constitutional Ban On State Income Tax
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 10:06:44 pm »
“This ban on such a disastrous tax will keep our economy prosperous, protect taxpayers, and ensure that Texas remains the best state to live, work, and raise a family,” Abbot continued.

:yowsa:  And why we don't do the same thing nationally is a complete mystery to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:18:59 pm »
:yowsa:  And why we don't do the same thing nationally is a complete mystery to me.

Is there a nation on Earth that doesn't have an income tax?

I ask because I think it might be a necessary.
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 10:24:22 pm »
Is there a nation on Earth that doesn't have an income tax?

I ask because I think it might be a necessary.

https://nomadcapitalist.com/2018/11/22/countries-no-income-tax/

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 10:27:36 pm »
This country had no income tax for most of its existence.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e0/Federal_taxes_by_type.pdf

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 10:34:23 pm »
https://nomadcapitalist.com/2018/11/22/countries-no-income-tax/

Thanks.

Got me thinking about how we funded the government before the income tax. I got this:

Prior to the passage of the 16th Amendment in 1913, the United States government funded its operations mainly through excise taxes, tariffs, customs duties and public land sales. The federal government had relatively few expenses compared to today and did not have as much need to raise large amounts of money.

Which then got me wondering when we started running a deficit. I got this:

"Before 1930, nearly all of the budget deficits run by the American government were the result of wars. The Civil War created huge current account deficits that left the nation owing more than $2.5 billion after 1865. The nature of debts changed after the Great Depression and the rise of Keynesian economics.

The extent to which British economist John Maynard Keynes influenced government spending in the 20th century can hardly be overstated. While both the Hoover and Roosevelt administrations extended public works projects and experimented with fiscal deficits in the face of the Great Depression, it was Keynes who provided the macroeconomic justification for running large budget deficits to stimulate aggregate demand and fight recessions."
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline OfTheCross

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2019, 10:35:34 pm »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2019, 10:39:13 pm »

Yep