Author Topic: Trump Education Official to Resign and Call for Mass Student-Loan Forgiveness  (Read 836 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I chose "neither" at the time, but nobody listens to me.  In '08 I had owned my house for 10 years, and never refi'ed to cash out equity, so when the inversions started hitting I was not a part of that mess.  Many other people were prudent as well, and we resent having to bail out people who were not.

I don't like "Main Street" bailouts, either.  First, the term "Main Street" is nebulous, and secondly I don't like government wealth transfers for any reason whatsoever.  When government gets involved in such transfers, the rule of Robin Hood is best observed:  "He took from the rich and gave to the poor, except what he kept for expenses."
Right. Those of us who made sacrifices to get it right were stuck with the tab of those who misused, abused, and frankly, looted the system.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis