Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Nov. 5th  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Nov. 5th
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:00:40 pm »
Transcripts https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Rand Paul Teaches Republicans How to Defend Trump

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: Now, last week, as you know, I was given the prestigious William F. Buckley Jr. award for Leadership in Political Thought by the National Review Institute. And, in my remarks, I was scheduled to go 15 minutes. At 30 minutes they gave me the hook. I understood it. They clearly told me 15 minutes. They had to stay on schedule to get to the dancing by 9 o’clock. I guess it was 9:25 they came out and got me.

I was right in the middle of a riff on it’s not hard to defend Donald Trump. I was explaining to everybody in the sold-out ballroom at The Breakers hotel and resort here in Palm Beach that it isn’t hard. Defending Donald Trump is nothing more than defending ourselves, defending the people that voted for him.

Last night Trump had a rally in Kentucky, and Rand Paul, the senator from Kentucky, showed up, and I want you to hear it because this is how you do it. This is how easy it is. I can’t tell you the number of people, “Rush, Rush,” emails, “Rush, did you see Rand Paul last night? Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Rush, oh, my God.” It’s so rare that somebody defends Trump that everybody that saw it wanted to make sure I saw it.

I’m still amazed that people can possibly believe I don’t know something that’s happening out there, but still those people exist. They’re trying to help. I understand that. But it’s not hard to do. And Rand Paul’s getting fed up that nobody’s doing it, either. Here is what he said from the stage at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky, last night.

PAUL: President Trump has great courage. He faces down the fake media every day. (cheers) But Congress needs to step up and have equal courage to defend the president. (cheers) The whistleblower needs to come before Congress as a material witness because he worked for Joe Biden at the same time Hunter Biden was getting money from corrupt oligarchs. I say tonight to the media, do your job and print his name!

CROWD: Do your job! Do your job! Do your job!

RUSH: Do you hear that crowd? Do you hear that crowd?

PAUL: And, I say this to my fellow colleagues in Congress, to every Republican in Washington, step up and subpoena Hunter Biden and subpoena the whistleblower.

RUSH: And that’s it! That’s all anybody has to do! It isn’t hard. It is not hard. Defending Donald Trump is the same thing as attacking the corruption in the Democrat Party and on the left, and that’s exactly how it’s done. And if that kind of chorus could begin, the Democrats would not have a chance, and the media would not be able to avoid it. Just one senator.

And, by the way, I have to tell you that over the course of the years — Snerdley, you’d agree — Rand Paul’s not been a prominent Trump supporter. He has been, but he was not on the early list. He had to be persuaded to come over, but he’s all-in now. But this, to me, is as simple as two and two is four. Defending Donald Trump is not hard because defending Donald Trump is defending us, defending ourselves, the people who voted for him.

Donald Trump, when he’s attacked, it’s us being attacked, folks. He’s the vessel for the hatred they have for us who elected him. As I’ve said over and over, Trump is transient. All presidents are. They serve four years or eight and then they move on. The people that elect these presidents, you and me, we are forever! Well, in the political sense.

And this movement of Trumps, another point that I made to the august gathering of elites at the National Review Institute, that this Trump voter group out there is not going anywhere. This movement existed before Donald Trump came along. He had the brilliance to tap into it. And it’s not the Tea Party. The Tea Party may have some foundational aspect to it. But defending Trump is easy. Attacking the left is required. It is a must.

I was watching CNN yesterday, and I didn’t mention this yesterday because it ticked me off, frankly, and I didn’t want to be ticked off when I saw it, so I forgot it. I didn’t forget it. I moved it to the side. I made it not a priority. CNN ran – I’m gonna paraphrase here — they ran some kind of a chyron headline: “Trump Defenders Down to Their Last Stand. ‘He did it, but it’s not impeachable.’”

I said, “What the hell? Where’s that coming from?” I don’t know anybody out there acknowledging that Trump, quote, did it, unquote, and that the thing is it’s unimpeachable. I don’t know where that’s coming from. And I haven’t seen it anywhere but CNN.

But congratulations and thanks to Rand Paul. What would you rather have, that or Mitt Romney out there running around doing the kind of silly things that he’s doing and some of these other Republicans scared to death of their own shadows? It isn’t hard. And more than that’s required.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Back to Rand Paul here for just a second. One of the things that he demanded was the whistleblower’s identity be made public, demanding the media do that. Everybody knows who it is. We’ve told you the name. We’ve outed the whistleblower. Everybody knows the name.

There’s a big misunderstanding about whistleblower protection. The whistleblower’s name is not withheld for personal privacy reasons. You know why whistleblowers’ names are withheld? It’s to protect their jobs. It’s to protect them from being fired. It’s not to protect their identity! That’s the sole reason. And it’s not me saying this.

Matt Whitaker, who is the deputy attorney general before Trump appointed Barr permanently to the gig, he was on Fox News yesterday and made the point that whistleblower identity protection is not for identity. It’s to make sure he doesn’t get canned. There’s no way this guy’s gonna get canned. He’s back at the CIA anyway. He long ago was sent packing because the guy has been leaking.

This whistleblower leaked a lie to the New York Times that Donald Trump was told by Vladimir Putin to fire Comey. The New York Times ran with it. Everybody else picked it up. It was a lie. He was sent packing. It was in 2017. There is no requirement the whistleblower’s name be protected for simple privacy reasons. It’s job protection. You might say, “What’s the difference?” It’s a big difference. And Rand Paul calling for the identity, the media knows who it is.

We have a call. I want to grab this call before we go to these audio sound bites, I promise. This is Trish, who is on her way to Louisiana for a Trump rally. Trisha, great to have you on the program with us. Hello.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. How are you?

RUSH: Good.

CALLER: Good. So I was at the rally last night. It was my 25th rally, and never, in all the 25 rallies I’ve been to, have I heard the crowd go that wild when Rand Paul insisted that we make the media do their job. People were screaming at the top of their lungs. The stadium was shaking. It was unbelievable.

RUSH: You’ve been to 25 Trump rallies?

CALLER: Yes, sir. And I’m on my way to the 26th.

RUSH: So you’re driving? You’re driving down to Louisiana?

CALLER: Yes, sir. I’m somewhere in Kentucky on the outskirts of Kentucky heading into Tennessee.

RUSH: Well, that’s what I call devotion.

CALLER: I love this president.

RUSH: I mean, some people go to every Major League Baseball park in their lives. You’re going to every Trump rally you can.

CALLER: Yes, sir.

RUSH: Now, when you were there and Rand Paul came out with his defense of Trump and his demand that the media do their job, on the audio that I just played, it did sound like the place erupted.

CALLER: Yes, it did. It was louder than anything at any rally I’ve ever heard.

RUSH: Well, now, that’s saying something because these rallies are all loud. They are all filled with excited, exuberant people. So that’s saying something if that moment was louder than anything you ever heard.

CALLER: Yes, sir.

RUSH: What did that mean to you?

CALLER: It meant that the people were taking a stand and that they were not gonna allow the media to run this impeachment inquiry. They were not going to allow this to happen, and I’m telling you, we’re standing up and we’re going to stop it. There is no way they’re going to get away with this. No way.

RUSH: Trisha, thank you. That’s exactly right. Folks, the reason that I moved Trisha up in advance of when I was gonna start taking calls was that very statement. It was louder than anything. People are clamoring for Trump to be defended because they know what’s at stake here. They are clamoring for it. When Rand Paul came out and did it and when he called out the media, that place erupted.

Now, the reason this is a big deal is that many people think that they are the only ones who see things or feel things or think things. I can’t tell you the number of times: “Rush, you gotta tell people X, Y, you gotta tell ’em.” It’s what they personally think. And I say, “Everybody thinks that.” “Okay, good. I don’t know.” And the reason you don’t know that everybody thinks that is because the media doesn’t cover you. The media doesn’t go out and cover your reaction to things.

And if they happen to see it when they’re doing something else they impugn it and laugh at it, say it’s no big deal, just a bunch of crazed people in a cult, something like that. But the fact of the matter is I’ve told you people are seething with rage out there over this. Millions of people are seething, and they’re getting angrier and angrier every day as the media continues its basic unfairness and its outright lying, its outright character assassination and its willing participation in a coup to overthrow and overturn the 2016 presidential election.

People know that that’s what this is and they are fed up with it. And whenever there is an opportunity for them to express the sentiment like last night, they do it. That’s why I want to play these sound bites of the Drive-Bys going out and talking to people in battleground states desperate to find people who hate Trump, desperate to find evidence that the media is succeeding in creating hatred for Trump and opposition to Trump.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Nov. 5th
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 08:01:29 pm »

Trump’s Improvisational Genius on Display at Kentucky Rally

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: Grab audio sound bite number 13. I was one of the early media figures trying to inform as many people as I could after watching the first Trump rally, how he was gonna win, how he couldn’t be beaten and how these rallies and these crowds mattered. The size of the crowd, the exuberance, the enthusiasm, they all matter.

The conventional wisdom in Washington was that you can’t look at a crowd at a rally and extrapolate nationwide voter enthusiasm. It’s not an indication of an election. It’s not an indication of how people are gonna vote. And I said in this case it is. In this case it is.

I was confident telling everybody, ’cause I knew the media and the conventional wisdom crowd in Washington was gonna rely on what they’ve always believed, that crowds and rallies and sizes and enthusiasm don’t matter. “Polling data is what matters. Polling data is the great indicator. That stuff, that’s anecdotal. You can’t rely on it.” I said, “No, no, no, no. What you’re seeing at every one of these rallies is an effervescing movement.”

And these rallies are different because Trump does these things extemporaneously, off the cuff. He improvises as he goes. I want to give you an example of this from last night. He went off teleprompter, ended up creating what I think is one of the most ingenious health care slogans to have come down the pike — and he did it right from the podium. They might have put it on the prompter, he might have come up with this before the rally, but I don’t think so. I think this happened at the spur of the moment.

THE PRESIDENT: We will always protect patients with preexisting conditions.

CROWD: (cheers)

THE PRESIDENT: And we will also protect you with preexisting physicians. How about that?

THE PRESIDENT: Preexisting physicians.

THE PRESIDENT: First time I’ve ever said that. Just thought of that.

CROWD: (laughing)

THE PRESIDENT: True. ‘Cause under their plan, you don’t get your own doctor.

RUSH: Ah, but they lied about that. Remember Barack Hussein O? “You like your doctor? You get to keep your doctor! You like your plan? You get to keep your plan — and your premiums are gonna come down,” whatever he said it was, $1200, $2400. All of those things were abject lies. If Obamacare were such a roaring success, then why is every Democrat candidate proposing something 10 times Obamacare? Well, the truth is that Obamacare was designed to fail. Obamacare was designed to do exactly what it’s done, which then allows people like Fauxcahontas and others to come along and propose single-payer, government-run national health care at $32 trillion a year.

How many years has Trump been calling Elizabeth Warren “Fauxcahontas”? At least one, right? I mean, everybody knows why he calls here Fauxcahontas/Pocahontas. Because she lied about being an Indian. “High cheekbones. Yep!” She lied about being an Indian. She is as white as a carton of milk, and yet she said that she is an Indian. She’s 1/1000 of an Indian or something out there. So Trump’s been calling her Pocahontas. I’m watching some infobabe on CNN getting very frustrated.

She played a sound bite of Trump calling her Pocahontas and said (impression), “Why does he call her that? Why does he call her Pocahontas?”

She really had no clue. This infobabe at CNN had no clue. That’s the bubble that they are in. I mean, they hate Trump, and they don’t even know half of what he’s saying.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 08:02:12 pm »

Trump Officially Pulls Out of Paris Climate Agreement

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: Mike Pompeo sent a tweet out yesterday afternoon about 41 minutes after this program ended. “Today we begin the formal process of withdrawing from the Paris Agreement. The U.S. is proud of our record as a world leader in reducing all emissions, fostering resilience, growing our economy, and ensuring energy for our citizens. Ours is a realistic and pragmatic model.”

That just… Oh! It just ticked ’em off, folks. Now it’s official: We’re getting out of the Paris accords. You ought to read my tech blogs. They are suicidal. They think Donald Trump has condemned them and the planet to death, and the Paris accords are nothing. The Paris accords have no requirements. The Paris accords are just a bunch of countries getting together and make these promises. “Yeah, we’ll do that,” and, “Yeah, we’ll do that by then and this by then.”

The ChiComs said “(Raspberry!) We’re not going along. We’re not having anything to do with it.” India, same thing. It’s toothless, it’s meaningless, it’s purely symbolic. But if you did go to the Paris accords, if you make the pledge to reduce CO2 emissions by 1,000% in 10 years, you’re expected to do it. But there’s no requirement that you did it. It’s a toothless agreement. It’s nothing more than a PR scam. Trump pulled us out of it, and only yesterday was it made official.

From TheHill.com: “Trump Formally Pulls out of Landmark Paris Climate Agreement.” There’s nothing “landmark” about it. It was just a meaningless, unenforceable piece of paper. The Paris accords are platitudes. Fracking delivers actual results when it comes to reducing CO2 output. Trump rejected the Paris accords and embraced fracking like any thinking person would. The ChiComs, India, are big time polluters. I’m not just talking about CO2, even though they pump that out in quantities that you can barely measure.

The United Nations, if it were a legitimate problem-solving entity, would have one priority, and that would be pressuring China and India to clean up their messes. But, oh-ho no! Nobody’s gonna go tell Xi Jinping what to do because they might not survive the meeting. That’s never gonna happen. Nobody’s gonna tell the ChiComs what to do. They’re scared to death of the ChiComs, ’cause the ChiComs don’t care if you die.

They don’t care if you die because they kill you. They don’t care about anything that’s gonna happen to you. Speaking of which, grab audio sound bite number 23 just to get this in. Jane Fonda this morning was on The View. The cohostette, Abby Huntsman, said, “You were arrested for your climate protest. Is there a way to do it,” meaning protest, “without breaking the law? You think of all the peaceful protests that have led to change. I worry about living in an uncivil society.” Whoopi Goldberg pipes in on this bite, too.

FONDA: Climate activists have been doing this for 40 years.

GOLDBERG: Forty years.

FONDA: We’ve been writing articles and we’ve been giving speeches. We’ve marched and we’ve rallied peacefully, and the fossil fuel industry is doing more and more to harm us and our environment and the — our young people’s futures.

GOLDBERG: (whispers) Yeah.

FONDA: We have 11 years to avoid catastrophe! (crosstalk) We are the last generation —

GOLDBERG: We’re it!

FONDA: — who can make the difference.

GOLDBERG: Yes!

FONDA: — between life and death of the planet.

GOLDBERG: Yes!

RUSH: This is why so many kids are committing suicide.

These people are literally poisoning — they are destroying — young people’s lives by creating this fear that the planet will not support human life in 11 years, now. Forty years, they’ve been on this — 40 years — and nobody’s buying into it in a majority sense. So they have to get more and more radical. In those 40 years, the next 10 years were the end. So at least four or five times in the 40 years, we’ve only had 10 years. We have survived four or five 10-year threats, and we’re no nearer destruction than we have ever been because we are not near destruction because of climate in any way, shape, manner, or form.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want you to try, folks, and savor these moments. These are the kinds of things that we have thought we were going to get electing Republicans not just the presidency, but various other political offices for many, many years. We haven’t gotten it except from Donald Trump. Pulling out of the Paris accords is exactly one of these items to savor. Don’t take it for granted. It is a slap in the face to the establishment. It is standing straight up in their face and telling them that it’s a new day.

This is exactly what you’ve been voting for if you’ve been voting Republican, and it’s not a small deal. It is a big deal. “But, Rush, I thought we pulled out a year ago.” Yeah, yeah, but formally doing it — actually following through and doing it — is something that we’re not used to. We’ve gotten lip service on a whole lot of things over the years for decades. But the point is, these are things to appreciate. They are things that are worthy of your continued support.

There are countless other things like this that Trump is doing, pulling out of the Paris accords, countless other things that also warrant your continued support and defense.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 08:02:57 pm »

Horror on the Today Show! Trump Voters Stun NBC

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: Now to the audio sound bites of the Drive-Bys desperately trying to find evidence that their work is working! This is what they’re doing. For the past year — for the past year, ever since the Mueller report came out — they have been hell-bent on convincing the American people Trump is corrupt and has gotta go.

Even though there’s not one crime, even though there’s no evidence for any crime that Trump has committed. Not one allegation they have made in three years has any substance to it at all and there’s no evidence for any of it. Yet they’ve been pumping the country full with this stuff. They send their reporters out trying to find evidence that their work is succeeding. Make no mistake about this. They’d love to be able to go out there and be able to find people who are echoing and repeating what they see on CNN, what they read in the New York Times and Washington Post, what they see on ABC, CBS, NBC.

Make no mistake about this. But because these news people… Unlike President Trump, they don’t have a connection with their audiences. They don’t speak to their audience. They speak above and thus down to people. Their real audience, by the way, all of these mainstream media people? The real audience isn’t you. I mean, you’re a target. They’re hoping that what they do and what they repeat day in and day out will permeate and become part of your belief system. So they send their reporters out to find evidence of that.

Their real audience is each other. When CNN’s doing their broadcast day, they’re hoping that the New York Times is impressed. They’re hoping that CBS, NBC, ABC are impressed, and all the others are doing the same thing. It’s almost a circular inquiring squad in a sense. Their real targets are the people they work for and admire within this sacred cabal of elites. They’re making their bones every day proving their worth by doing what they’re doing — trying to get Trump — and their audience is fellow Washingtonians and deep staters. And the secondary hope is that viewers are actually buying into it. They’re not. You’ll hear in a moment.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We’re gonna start with the Today show and a correspondent, Morgan Radford. They sent her down to Florida. It’s becoming comical now, folks. Literal horror on the Today show today. The correspondent came to Florida, interviewed Trump voters, cannot find any who have abandoned Trump, and they even love Donald Trump the person! Everything the media has attempted to create in terms of public opinion against Trump isn’t happening. Here’s the first bite.

RADFORD: Show of hands, how many of you voted for the president back in 2016? (nine voters all put their hand up) And how many of you plan to vote for him again in 2020? (nine voters all put their hand up again) All of you. You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than it was when you first voted for him?

VOTERS: It’s more. More. A lot more.

RADFORD: More. And has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?

MALE VOTER 1: What inquiry?

FEMALE VOTER 1: It’s strengthened my love for him.

MALE VOTER 2: It’s galvanized our support.

RADFORD: So you support him more now.

MALE VOTER 2: We’re stronger than ever.

RUSH: They put together their own focus group. It’s nine people. Nine people all put their hands up. How many of you voted for Trump? How many of you plan to vote for him again? Same nine people put their hands up. She says, “All of you? You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than when you first voted for him?” Nine people said, “It’s more, a lot more.”

(interruption) Was it? It was right there on Flagler Drive? That’s where this was? I haven’t seen the video. Okay. So this is very close to where we are, where this happened. Nine people in a focus group. Next question: “Has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?” One guy said, “What inquiry?” A woman said, “It’s strengthened my love for him. It’s galvanized our support.”

“So you support him more now?”

“We’re stronger than ever.” This is not what they were — it’s two things. It’s not what they were expecting, and it certainly isn’t what they were hoping for. So now here is the next sound bite where they find Jewish and black voters who never voted for any Republican before who loved Trump.

RADFORD: Have you all ever felt this level of passion for another president?

MALE VOTER 1: Oh, no.

FEMALE VOTER 1: No.

MALE VOTER 2: No. No.

RADFORD: What is it that you liked about the president?

FEMALE VOTER 1: As a Jewish woman in America who previously voted liberal, he has just astounded me in every way.

RADFORD: President Trump is the first time you have voted for a Republican?

FEMALE VOTER 1: Yes.

RADFORD: And what about you?

MALE VOTER 1: He made a statement at a conference one time to black America…

TRUMP: (8/19/16) What the hell do you have to lose?

MALE VOTER 1: And that stood out to me. I have nothing to lose, a lot to gain. The unemployment for black America is way down. And insurance is – cost is – is reasonable, and he’s done all his promises to me.

RADFORD: So you feel like your life has gotten better since…

MALE VOTER 1: Oh, definitely.

RADFORD: …the election.

MALE VOTER 1: Definitely.

RUSH: Uh-oh. So there you have it: Black voters, Jewish voters love Trump, love Trump the person. They’re able to cite the fact that their lives are better because of Trump policies, that he has kept his promises, that black unemployment’s way down. One black guy there said that he remembered when Trump said, “Vote for me. What do you got to lose?” Meaning: “You have — for 50 years — voted for Democrats and have invested in the Democrats to make all things better for you, and it hasn’t happened. So what do you got to lose?”

And this guy said, “I voted for Trump and I’m never looking back.”

By the way, I talked about this yesterday. The 50-year, 90% support by the black community for every Democrat presidential candidate is an amazing thing, because there’s a lot of people that believe that living through specific events is one of the best ways to persuade people. So if you create a great economy, if you have a great economy — and the great economy is obviously rooted in capitalism — then the fact that people are living through it, benefiting from it, enjoying it, doing better, have the job of their choice and are getting raises, they will thus see that capitalism is preferable and sign on to it.

And it may work in some cases. But in the example of the black vote, the Democrat Party hasn’t done anything for African-Americans. I mean, African-Americans have been complaining about the same things for 50 years — racism, bigotry, unfair percentages in prison, no economic opportunity, blah, blah. You know the drill! And yet they still vote for Democrats. Why? Well, the reason is the media and education. Those two institutions have served the Democrat Party well. They control both of them. It’s just a matter of if the Republican Party is portrayed as the Klan or as Deliverance and you’re African-American, are you gonna take the chance?

It’s like… You know, this one has finally worn out, doesn’t work anymore. But when I was growing up in my early twenties and into the thirties out in Sacramento when I first started this particular program, the Democrats had a constant slogan or idea in their campaigns for senior citizens. That is, “Republicans are gonna take away your Social Security.” Every four years, every two years, “Republicans want to take away your Social Security!” There was never any effort to do it. No Republican ever wanted to take anybody’s Social Security away.

Nobody ever wanted to cut it. And yet, the Democrats ran on it every two years for whatever election — House or Senate or presidency, you name it. It never happened. When Republicans won elections, Social Security was never cut. It was never taken away. Homes were never taken away. Finally, senior citizens realized it and it stopped being effective for Democrats. It’s not part of their repertoire now. But it took a heck of a long time because back in the days it did work, you know, I would ask seasoned citizens, “Why do you fall for this?

“Because nobody’s ever cut your Social Security. It may not be growing like you want, but nobody’s cutting it, nobody’s taking it away, nobody even ever proposes to do so. Why do you fall for it?” What they told me was, “I can’t take the chance. It’s all I’ve got, and if the Democrats are right — if the Republicans do try to take it away — then I’m gonna have nothing.” So it became a question of percentages, and it was pure self-interest and nothing more. It didn’t matter… We had a caller on this program, a 90-year-old woman from Worcester, Massachusetts, living north of the Mass Turnpike. She called here.

We were talking about tax cuts one day and she was livid. She didn’t want taxes cut. I said, “What about for your kids?” “No! I want them paying more.” I said, “Why?” “For my Social Security!” Even tax cuts were portrayed as cuts to Social Security. This woman called here in a rage, scared to death the Republicans were gonna cut taxes and that was gonna result in her having less Social Security money. The reality was that that was never going to happen. Nobody’s ever gonna cut Social Security.

Look what happened to Bush when he tried to privatize a small percentage of it, which would have been a great move. He had to drop it. Look what happened to Dan “Rosty” Rostenkowski from Illinois. When he put together some new change on Medicare, the senior citizens stormed his car in his home district in Illinois. He pulled the proposal. Now, I mention all this simply because it’s a fascinating bit of knowledge to have when you are running and preparing a campaign.

But the reason this is fascinating is ’cause the black people in this sound bite have actually been persuaded by real-world events. This guy said: Black unemployment, record low. He knows. Trump’s kept his promises. The economy is growing. That is a huge achievement, because normally these kinds of things don’t happen. Republicans always thought they would. Jack Kemp was a big believer. “Create a great capitalist society and we’ll own everybody.” But it never did work for a whole host of reasons.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, one of the reasons these African-Americans are saying what they’re saying — “I love Trump. African-American unemployment is way down. Jobs are up. He’s keeping his promises.” One of the reasons is Trump keeps telling them. He doesn’t just rely on people to discover it by virtue of living it. He keeps telling them. Every rally, tweets, he keeps telling them — and that’s a crucial ingredient. Now, the next bite… Again, this is the horror on the Today Show today as they sent their correspondent down there to West Palm Beach. This next sound bite, these people see impeachment as an attack on them because they voted for Trump, and they see the effort to remove him as an effort to cancel their votes.

MORGAN: When it comes to the impeachment inquiry, does that affect your perception of the president?

FEMALE VOTER 1: No, it doesn’t, and I think that the Democrats were going to find anything possible to impeach the president.

FEMALE VOTER 2: They always accuse us of racism, being homophobic, and it’s the furthest thing from the truth.

MALE VOTER 1: He has been fighting for us this whole time. We’re going to fight for him.

RUSH: Now, this reporter is on the set. She’s staring at Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb and Al Joker. Their mouths are agape. They’re watching this… You know, I’m stunned that they aired this, to be quite honest with you, but they did. They can’t believe it. Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Al Joker cannot believe people actually like Donald Trump as a person.

MORGAN: Every single person we spoke to said they like the man. They appreciated that he was not a traditional politician, and that he spoke to them directly.

KOTB: Mmph. Okay.

GUTHRIE: Thank you, Morgan.

KOTB: Thanks, Morgan. Let’s switch gears, go over to Mr. Roker, get a check of the weather.

RUSH: (impression) “Yeah, let’s switch gears. Get the hell out of this. Holy… No way! We gotta cancel this. Oh, why did we air this? Can we eliminate these from the West Coast feed?” I guarantee you they were talking about that. Another thing: A Jewish member of the group that NBC talked to really appreciated moving the embassy to Jerusalem out of Tel Aviv. All these little things, the Drive-Bys gloss over and don’t think matter to people.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 08:07:44 pm »

What Democrats Are Trying to Do with Ukraine Testimony Releases

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: There’s big news coming today. The transcripts are being released. Transcripts are being released from some of the hot testimony that’s occurred before little Pencil Neck’s committee. I want to tell you upfront: There’s nothing in these transcripts, and if you read them carefully — which most people are not gonna do.

They’re gonna read Schiff’s summary more than anything. But what’s gonna happen is, you’re gonna find out that the only thing wrong here… You’re gonna see a word that is used commonly by all the people that testified who are anti-Trump. You’re gonna see the word “interagency,” and it will be used in such fashion as this: “The interagency group was highly alarmed at the way this was done and at the way it took place outside the interagency group.”

What that means is that Trump decided to conduct his own foreign policy without involving these elites at the State Department or at the National Security Council. He decided to do it on his own, ’cause he doesn’t know who he can trust in there, as this is demonstrating. But they’re trying to present it as a crime, that Trump did not go through the interagency group. The interagency group would be the National Security Council, the intelligence communities, maybe some military people. Everybody involved in the, quote-unquote, “national security complex.” That’s the interagency group.

That would be the NSC, the CIA, the DIA, the NSA, all these abbreviations. And he’s president. Like they’re trying to say Rudy Giuliani was dispatched as a rogue ambassador for Trump. He’s not rogue. Donald Trump can have anybody he wants go out and do foreign policy. In fact, Donald Trump’s doing exactly what you elected him to do. He’s avoiding the swamp. The swamp is filled with saboteurs, as this is demonstrating.

Donald Trump is literally being impeached because he is not using the swamp. There hasn’t been a crime committed here, folks. There isn’t a single crime, there is no evidence for any crime. It is a grand illusion. There isn’t a crime. There was no Trump-Russia collusion. Kavanaugh didn’t commit a crime. There was no obstruction. There hasn’t been anything of the sort. There is not an impeachable offense.

They are trying to create the illusion that Trump has committed impeachable offenses by running a rogue foreign policy or national security operation simply ’cause he’s not using the saboteurs, simply ’cause he’s not using the foreign policy establishment.

And that really is all that it comes down to. And because he’s not, he doesn’t know what he’s doing. Because he’s not using the experts, he is putting at risk the United States and national security. ‘Cause Donald Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing, Donald Trump is idiot, Donald Trump’s a fool, Donald Trump’s an ogre and is dangerous. He’s not using experts like us and we’re very, very concerned.

And that’s all it is. It’s a bunch of arrogant snobs. It’s a bunch of effete snobs ticked off that they have not been kept in the loop. And they’re trying to say the United States is in grave danger, at great risk because these snobs have been eliminated from the foreign policy process. What Trump asked the Ukraine president to do is zilch, zero, nada in terms of impeachable offenses. The only transcript that matters is the transcript of the phone call. None of these transcripts that they’re releasing from Pencil Neck’s committee matter.

Now, they matter in the sense that they’re gonna impeach a guy. I’m talking about with true legal jeopardy, there isn’t any. The House of Representatives can impeach a president for whatever they want if they can get the votes. And that’s what they’re doing. But there is not a legitimate crime that’s been committed. Interestingly, the deep state does consider it a crime if you go around them.

If you do an end run, say, around the interagency group, why, you’ve committed gross, gross violations of procedure, and this is intolerable. This must not be permitted. The interagency group must at all times be involved. How else are we gonna make sure the Iranians get their money and their permission to go nuclear if the interagency group doesn’t do it’s — That’s what Trump’s trying to prevent, is his own foreign policy being sabotaged.

And that’s the best I can tell you. I have no advantage, no purpose to making any of this up. There’s nothing to gain by misleading you on any of this. What I have just told you is exactly what this is. The deep state and their media are acting like this is one of the greatest outrages in government history because a know-nothing president who doesn’t know what he’s doing is putting the country at grave risk by ignoring all of us experts. It’s nothing but a bunch of opinion from these people. You got a bunch of people on the phone call to the Ukrainian president and what they heard, “This is not what a president, this is not how they talk, this is very concerning to me.”

What was concerning about it? “Well, it’s just not the way you talk to, quid pro quo.” There wasn’t a quid pro quo. You realize Ukraine got its money? They got everything that was promised to them, nothing was withheld, they were not blackmailed, quid pro quo, quid pro shmo, you guys got nothing, other than you don’t like the way Trump doesn’t use you. And it really is no more complex than that.

Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 08:28:55 pm »
Horror on the Today Show! Trump Voters Stun NBC

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: Now to the audio sound bites of the Drive-Bys desperately trying to find evidence that their work is working! This is what they’re doing. For the past year — for the past year, ever since the Mueller report came out — they have been hell-bent on convincing the American people Trump is corrupt and has gotta go.

Even though there’s not one crime, even though there’s no evidence for any crime that Trump has committed. Not one allegation they have made in three years has any substance to it at all and there’s no evidence for any of it. Yet they’ve been pumping the country full with this stuff. They send their reporters out trying to find evidence that their work is succeeding. Make no mistake about this. They’d love to be able to go out there and be able to find people who are echoing and repeating what they see on CNN, what they read in the New York Times and Washington Post, what they see on ABC, CBS, NBC.

Make no mistake about this. But because these news people… Unlike President Trump, they don’t have a connection with their audiences. They don’t speak to their audience. They speak above and thus down to people. Their real audience, by the way, all of these mainstream media people? The real audience isn’t you. I mean, you’re a target. They’re hoping that what they do and what they repeat day in and day out will permeate and become part of your belief system. So they send their reporters out to find evidence of that.

Their real audience is each other. When CNN’s doing their broadcast day, they’re hoping that the New York Times is impressed. They’re hoping that CBS, NBC, ABC are impressed, and all the others are doing the same thing. It’s almost a circular inquiring squad in a sense. Their real targets are the people they work for and admire within this sacred cabal of elites. They’re making their bones every day proving their worth by doing what they’re doing — trying to get Trump — and their audience is fellow Washingtonians and deep staters. And the secondary hope is that viewers are actually buying into it. They’re not. You’ll hear in a moment.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We’re gonna start with the Today show and a correspondent, Morgan Radford. They sent her down to Florida. It’s becoming comical now, folks. Literal horror on the Today show today. The correspondent came to Florida, interviewed Trump voters, cannot find any who have abandoned Trump, and they even love Donald Trump the person! Everything the media has attempted to create in terms of public opinion against Trump isn’t happening. Here’s the first bite.

RADFORD: Show of hands, how many of you voted for the president back in 2016? (nine voters all put their hand up) And how many of you plan to vote for him again in 2020? (nine voters all put their hand up again) All of you. You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than it was when you first voted for him?

VOTERS: It’s more. More. A lot more.

RADFORD: More. And has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?

MALE VOTER 1: What inquiry?

FEMALE VOTER 1: It’s strengthened my love for him.

MALE VOTER 2: It’s galvanized our support.

RADFORD: So you support him more now.

MALE VOTER 2: We’re stronger than ever.

RUSH: They put together their own focus group. It’s nine people. Nine people all put their hands up. How many of you voted for Trump? How many of you plan to vote for him again? Same nine people put their hands up. She says, “All of you? You’re raising both hands. Would you say your support for the president now is more or less than when you first voted for him?” Nine people said, “It’s more, a lot more.”

(interruption) Was it? It was right there on Flagler Drive? That’s where this was? I haven’t seen the video. Okay. So this is very close to where we are, where this happened. Nine people in a focus group. Next question: “Has the impeachment inquiry changed anything?” One guy said, “What inquiry?” A woman said, “It’s strengthened my love for him. It’s galvanized our support.”

“So you support him more now?”

“We’re stronger than ever.” This is not what they were — it’s two things. It’s not what they were expecting, and it certainly isn’t what they were hoping for. So now here is the next sound bite where they find Jewish and black voters who never voted for any Republican before who loved Trump.

RADFORD: Have you all ever felt this level of passion for another president?

MALE VOTER 1: Oh, no.

FEMALE VOTER 1: No.

MALE VOTER 2: No. No.

RADFORD: What is it that you liked about the president?

FEMALE VOTER 1: As a Jewish woman in America who previously voted liberal, he has just astounded me in every way.

RADFORD: President Trump is the first time you have voted for a Republican?

FEMALE VOTER 1: Yes.

RADFORD: And what about you?

MALE VOTER 1: He made a statement at a conference one time to black America…

TRUMP: (8/19/16) What the hell do you have to lose?

MALE VOTER 1: And that stood out to me. I have nothing to lose, a lot to gain. The unemployment for black America is way down. And insurance is – cost is – is reasonable, and he’s done all his promises to me.

RADFORD: So you feel like your life has gotten better since…

MALE VOTER 1: Oh, definitely.

RADFORD: …the election.

MALE VOTER 1: Definitely.

RUSH: Uh-oh. So there you have it: Black voters, Jewish voters love Trump, love Trump the person. They’re able to cite the fact that their lives are better because of Trump policies, that he has kept his promises, that black unemployment’s way down. One black guy there said that he remembered when Trump said, “Vote for me. What do you got to lose?” Meaning: “You have — for 50 years — voted for Democrats and have invested in the Democrats to make all things better for you, and it hasn’t happened. So what do you got to lose?”

And this guy said, “I voted for Trump and I’m never looking back.”

[...]

RUSH: Now, one of the reasons these African-Americans are saying what they’re saying — “I love Trump. African-American unemployment is way down. Jobs are up. He’s keeping his promises.” One of the reasons is Trump keeps telling them. He doesn’t just rely on people to discover it by virtue of living it. He keeps telling them. Every rally, tweets, he keeps telling them — and that’s a crucial ingredient. Now, the next bite… Again, this is the horror on the Today Show today as they sent their correspondent down there to West Palm Beach. This next sound bite, these people see impeachment as an attack on them because they voted for Trump, and they see the effort to remove him as an effort to cancel their votes.

MORGAN: When it comes to the impeachment inquiry, does that affect your perception of the president?

FEMALE VOTER 1: No, it doesn’t, and I think that the Democrats were going to find anything possible to impeach the president.

FEMALE VOTER 2: They always accuse us of racism, being homophobic, and it’s the furthest thing from the truth.

MALE VOTER 1: He has been fighting for us this whole time. We’re going to fight for him.

RUSH: Now, this reporter is on the set. She’s staring at Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kotb and Al Joker. Their mouths are agape. They’re watching this… You know, I’m stunned that they aired this, to be quite honest with you, but they did. They can’t believe it. Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Al Joker cannot believe people actually like Donald Trump as a person.

MORGAN: Every single person we spoke to said they like the man. They appreciated that he was not a traditional politician, and that he spoke to them directly.

KOTB: Mmph. Okay.

GUTHRIE: Thank you, Morgan.

KOTB: Thanks, Morgan. Let’s switch gears, go over to Mr. Roker, get a check of the weather.

RUSH: (impression) “Yeah, let’s switch gears. Get the hell out of this. Holy… No way! We gotta cancel this. Oh, why did we air this? Can we eliminate these from the West Coast feed?” I guarantee you they were talking about that. Another thing: A Jewish member of the group that NBC talked to really appreciated moving the embassy to Jerusalem out of Tel Aviv. All these little things, the Drive-Bys gloss over and don’t think matter to people.

Pure gold  happy77

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 08:34:41 pm »
Pure gold  happy77

Video at link:

Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account  @realDonaldTrump

Thank you so much CLUB 45. You are truly Great Americans. See you in Florida!

Video at link:  https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 08:58:47 pm »

How Trump Exposed the Conservative Intelligentsia

Nov 5, 2019

RUSH: This is Beaver Springs, Pennsylvania. Joanne, great to have you. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, I’m so excited to talk to you. I’m a stay-at-home mommy of five, and you are my voice of sanity during the day. I just wanted to say that I’m a conservative; my husband’s a conservative. We didn’t vote for Trump in 2016. We thought he would be a complete phony and fraud. But we’re sick and tired of the media portraying him as losing balanced people. He has proven himself to be, in our opinion, one of the best presidents for religious freedom, and we are proudly gonna vote for him in 2020. So if anything, he is gaining ground. He is not losing ground.

RUSH: So he wasn’t conservative enough in 2016. Is he conservative enough now, or you’re not even looking at it that way?

CALLER: Actually, he said he was conservative, but we did not believe him. We’re like, there’s no way this guy, once he gets in, is actually going to hold to his principles and values. And he’s proven himself. What he said that he was gonna do, he’s done.

RUSH: Okay. I understand that. I understand that. You were GOP purists, like a lot of people were, and we were told that there were only two or three real conservatives in the 16 running, and we’re gonna be loyal to conservatism. So that meant Ted Cruz as number one in the list of others, and Donald Trump portrayed, came down the escalator and said some strange things to people and so forth.

But see, this is the key. She is now all-in, completely all-in. And why? ‘Cause the labels don’t matter anymore. She’s all-in because real life has happened. Circumstances have happened, her original fears have been allayed, and she’s got the lay of the land now. Joanne, thanks for the call. Beaver Springs, Pennsylvania, is where she called from.

Okay. This piece I was referring to earlier is by Greg Jones, Human Events: “The Downfall of Conservatism, Inc.” And he hits so many nails on the head here about the complete demise of the conservative elites, that they are abject failures. And by conservative elites he means the magazines and media people filled with conservative intellectuals who are asking you to donate to them on the basis that they were the front lines, they were the guys providing the intellectual heft of conservatism. They were influencing policy makers for conservatism.

And then along comes Trump who articulates better than anybody the problems posed by the left, and these people want no part of it. And then they were exposed. They weren’t really intellectual elites or filled with heft at all. They were purely elites. Here’s a pull quote.

“Before President Trump’s explosive entrance onto the political scene, mainstream conservatism was somewhat tolerated by gatekeepers in the media, academia, and the arts. My heroes were nuisances to America’s increasingly liberal institutions, sure, but no real threat to the progressively progressive status quo. Establishment conservatives were tokens, allowing liberal elites to pretend they were objective when they were fully intent on transforming American society.”

What he means by that is we never got any pushback. These conservative elites never pushed back on liberalism or on the Democrat Party. And all they wanted was acceptance from those people, and those people then proceeded to transform the country into something it was not founded to be, and these people are standing by watching it happen.

“Establishment Republicans have built entire careers out of playing nice,” losing with honor, “and it shows.”
Support the USO