Author Topic: Lawsuit Says Obama Entered Paris Climate Agreement Illegally, Cites Mysterious Legal Memo  (Read 643 times)

rangerrebew

Lawsuit Says Obama Entered Paris Climate Agreement Illegally, Cites Mysterious Legal Memo

REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo

November 04, 2019 10:47 AM ET

Former President Barack Obama illegally entered into the Paris climate agreement, a lawsuit filed Monday says, citing a legal memo the Obama administration allegedly used to justify the deal.

The lawsuit asserts that the Obama administration argued the agreement could be signed without Senate approval because it does not set “legally binding targets and timetables.” Such justifications are a misrepresentation of the law, according to the lawsuit.

“This memo demonstrates the Obama administration’s unlawful entry into the Paris treaty,” Chris Horner, a former senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, noted in a press statement attached to the lawsuit. The memo “represents a major political and legal scandal,” he added. Horner left CEI in April.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/04/trump-paris-climate-obama/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, if the targets aren't legally binding, just ignore them.

His pen's run dry.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Most of what Obama/Biden/Hillary/Pelosi/Schumer/Wasserman did and do is illegal. But it doesn't matter.
Democrats are above the Law. They are never called to account no matter what they do.
But a Republican can go to jail for jaywalking...10 years ago. That's America today.
American "Justice" is a joke. It is all about either politics and ethnicity. Nothing to do with Law and Order.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline PeteS in CA

It wasn't ratified, it's not a binding treaty. Very simple.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.