Author Topic: The Bellwether House Race for 2020 Is in Western Pennsylvania.. Salena Zito  (Read 203 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Bellwether House Race for 2020 Is in Western Pennsylvania

Decorated Army Ranger Sean Parnell is taking on Democratic golden boy Representative Conor Lamb.
Salena Zito
- November 4th, 2019

MT. LEBANON, Pennsylvania—Army combat veteran Sean Parnell kicked off his race as a Republican running for the U.S. House here at Pamela’s Diner. It’s within a stone’s throw of the district office of U.S. Representative Conor Lamb, the Democrat he’s challenging for the 17th Congressional District seat in 2020.

“My plan for today is just to tell the voters who I am, give them a sense of what I stand for and just listen to them and figure out what they feel is important,” said Parnell before he headed off to two other diners in the district in Beaver and Butler counties in the western and northern suburbs of Pittsburgh.

The district is made up of neatly trimmed upper-middle-class, left-leaning Allegheny County suburbs such as Mt. Lebanon, working-class Beaver County communities packed with labor families and fiscal conservatives and enough rural and exurban Butler County voters to make the whole district a smidge Republican-leaning.

Parnell spent his time talking mostly with customers, but before he left, he took a beeline to the kitchen to talk to the cooks and servers. “I worked at Smartie Arties as a busboy, then as a cook from the time I was 15 until I was 21,” he said. “I know how hard that job is, and I just want to thank them.”

more
https://www.amgreatness.com/2019/11/04/the-bellwether-house-race-for-2020-is-in-western-pennsylvania/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34