Author Topic: McDonald's CEO ousted after having 'consensual' relationship with an employee  (Read 774 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
McDonald's fired its CEO after he violated company policy by having a "consensual" relationship with an unnamed employee, the fast-food chain announced on Sunday.

Steve Easterbrook was at the helm of the fast-food behemoth since 2015. He will be succeeded by Chris Kempczinski, 51, who previously served as the company's former head of U.S. business.

In a press release, McDonald's said Easterbrook was ousted "following the Board's determination that he violated company policy and demonstrated poor judgment involving a recent consensual relationship with an employee."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/11/03/mcdonalds-ceo-gets-replaced-after-relationship-employee/4151234002/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I understand why such policies exist and agree that employees need protecting,but if the man and the woman both agree it is by their choice,it's nobody's business but theirs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I understand why such policies exist and agree that employees need protecting,but if the man and the woman both agree it is by their choice,it's nobody's business but theirs.

I had a boss, and a subordinate, involved in their affair.

They kept it very discreet, and then one left the company, so that their love could flourish.

They were both CPAs, so they followed GAAP, for

Generally Acepted Affair Principles.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
FUnny, noone kicked that fellow out who had an affair with the gal in the blue dress....

If some folks were held to the same standards the rest of us are, things would be a mite different.

That said, don't get laid where you get paid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I spent a couple of decades employed by a MickyD's franchisee and let me tell you that at our regional conventions, and I am positive it was the rule not the exception, there was so much boozing and...ahem social intermingling going on between low level managers looking to advance their positions and higher level corporate managers that one could spend an entertaining night just watching the traffic in and out of rooms. No one seemed to give a crap about it back then.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I spent a couple of decades employed by a MickyD's franchisee and let me tell you that at our regional conventions, and I am positive it was the rule not the exception, there was so much boozing and...ahem social intermingling going on between low level managers looking to advance their positions and higher level corporate managers that one could spend an entertaining night just watching the traffic in and out of rooms. No one seemed to give a crap about it back then.
Saw the same thing with a major Fortune 500 company. Every time there was an off-site company trip. It is like everyone reverted back to college behavior, and marriage seemed to have no meaning. Just ask Lisa Page.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.