Author Topic: 1979 Iran hostage: People ‘don’t want to know’ what I went through  (Read 726 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
1979 Iran hostage: People ‘don’t want to know’ what I went through
By Doree Lewak   November 2, 2019

1979 Iran hostage: People don't want to hear about what I went through Zandy Mangold

He was three months into his job as press attache for the US Embassy in Tehran when Barry Rosen was introduced to the Iranian Revolution.

“We were invaded,” Rosen said of a terrifying Feb. 14, 1979, attack that was a precursor to the infamous hostage crisis nine months later. “The guerillas were firing on the embassy.

“I thought they were going to execute us,” he recalled of the 100 armed interlopers. “It was like watching a film.”

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2019/11/02/1979-iran-hostage-people-dont-want-to-know-what-i-went-through/

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Everyone who was old enough to remember,  most people at least , remembers the Iran hostage crisis, it was a really big deal.  As a side-note, I think it really made the "Nightline" show, which at that point, was not some permanent show and was just put on to keep track of the crisis. Ratings bonanza for ABC I'm sure, it turned into quite a successful regular late night show. Wondering about the crisis of the day? Tune in to Nightline. 

No endorsement here, this is just what my websearch pulls up.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Fine movie on this.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:31:24 pm by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

Yes, ABC started the "America Held Hostage" late night reports and, after a while figured they may as well have a late night news show all the time.

Online mountaineer

On Jan. 20, 1981, the day of President Ronald Reagan’s inauguration, guards told Rosen, “You’re going home.”
:patriot: