Author Topic: What is Movember or NoShavember anyway?  (Read 754 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
What is Movember or NoShavember anyway?
« on: November 02, 2019, 07:45:34 pm »
November is set aside for men’s cancer awareness. Some information here as a FYI. 

(CNN) — It's the first of November, which means it's the start of Movember or NoShavember. You've likely seen these words before and may have wondered what they're all about.

The purpose of these annual events is to raise awareness around health.

The Movember Foundation focuses on men's health, and NoShavember is aimed at fighting cancer, regardless of sex.

The Movember Foundation started in 2003 by Travis Garone and Luke Slattery in Melbourne, according to the organization's website.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/01/us/movember-noshavember-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:47:28 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Re: What is Movember or NoShavember anyway?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »
Website and information is here

https://no-shave.org/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 01:07:07 am »
I, for one, refuse to stop shaving my legs....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 03:01:27 am »
   I normally shave in the summer, my beard is so gray, whereas my long hair is not.  Makes it easier to pick up college  women in my Tourist Trap town in the summer, but this year I got lazy, I already had enough crazy women on my plate.

Will keep the beard this winter but shave my unruly sideburns off, goatee style. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 11:49:19 am »
   I normally shave in the summer, my beard is so gray, whereas my long hair is not.  Makes it easier to pick up college  women in my Tourist Trap town in the summer, but this year I got lazy, I already had enough crazy women on my plate.

Will keep the beard this winter but shave my unruly sideburns off, goatee style.

I didn’t know you had a beard @corbe

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 01:53:44 pm »
My beard is Santa-like enough I have been asked for a puppy for Christmas by a little girl I don't even know....
(I hope she gets it!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 01:59:07 pm »
My beard is Santa-like enough I have been asked for a puppy for Christmas by a little girl I don't even know....
(I hope she gets it!)

I hope you promised it!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 02:05:47 pm »
I hope you promised it!
I was even worse than that. I said, "Christmas is a long way off, so stay on my 'nice' list."

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 02:34:08 pm »
I was even worse than that. I said, "Christmas is a long way off, so stay on my 'nice' list."

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:48 pm »

Never got warm enough this summer to cut it all off - Normally I onion-head (including beard) some time in late spring and another couple times through the summer... But here I sit, with a full tail and a full beard already this year.. And it's already past the pillow test...

Normally when my beard gets all up in my nose laying on the pillow, that's when I saw it back some. If I put up with it, and the beard gets a little longer, that don't happen no more... So there is nothing stopping me anymore. Shoot, I ain't cut a single hair since harvest last year. I hate to think of where it will be by spring.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 08:54:50 pm »
Why am I hearing Aqualung playing in my head?

(I hope she gets it!)

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »
Why am I hearing Aqualung playing in my head?
I don't know. No 'Snot running down his nose', here. In this weather it turns to icicles, and then it's more like
"I am the Walrus....Coo-coo ca choo!", anyway. :tongue2:

C S Lewis