Author Topic: New York high school football coach suspended for running up score on undefeated opponent  (Read 464 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The coach of a New York high school football program was suspended for one game for allegedly allowing his team to run up the score on a fellow undefeated opponent last week.

Plainedge High School coach Rob Shaver was suspended under Nassau County’s “lopsided scores policy,” the New York Post reported Thursday. His team defeated South Side High School 61-13 last Friday. Shaver decided to keep his best players in the game despite being up 35 points in the fourth quarter.

<snip>

Shaver told Newsday his explanation to the committee who decides whether he should be suspended was shot down. The policy prohibits teams from winning games by more than 42 points.

<snip>

South Side coach Phil Onesto told Newsday he had no problem with the score.

“I had no issue with how the game went,” he said. “I had spoken to coach Shaver, I told him I had no issues.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/high-school-football-coach-suspended-lopsided-score

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The people who make these stupid rules would die of shock if they ever saw some of the scores in a Texas HS football game.

Especially 6 Man.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

This is nuts, just plain nuts
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Liberals don't just want to ruin football, they want to ban it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

"lopsided scores policy"

WTF???
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

I'm all for sportsmanship,  but this suspension is BS.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

The people who make these stupid rules would die of shock if they ever saw some of the scores in a Texas HS football game.

Especially 6 Man.

Unless they changed the rules, a six man game is over when one team takes a lead of 45 points.

The first round of the playoffs last week had some real blowouts. My son's HS was creamed by Lewisville, who lost in the first round to Southlake Carroll 84-6. Without reading the game coverage or box score, there must have been a lot of Lewisville turnovers.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I am not sure in HS the point of running up scores.... they are on a win/loss basis on making the playoffs... don't think how lopsided a score is comes in play like college... a few days ago Alabama lost it's starting quarterback trying to make point (that they belong in the top 4 come playoff time) after a one loss season (and perhaps for Heisman considerations). But college is different and a coach should have the decency to put in the B-team after a while. Parents of those B team players like to see their kids play too.

So for once, I am gonna say I side w/ the commies in NY... lol
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 09:44:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

I am not sure in HS the point of running up scores.... they are on a win/loss basis on making the playoffs... don't think how lopsided a score is comes in play like college... a few days ago Alabama lost it's starting quarterback trying to make point (that they belong in the top 4 come playoff time) after a one loss season (and perhaps for Heisman considerations). But college is different and a coach should have the decency to put in the B-team after a while. Parents of those B team players like to see their kids play too.

So for once, I am gonna say I side w/ the commies in NY... lol
In New York (15 years ago) if two teams had identical win/loss records play off seating/ home field came down to point differential. I don't know if they still do it this way or not, but I do remember one game the coach ran the score up just because of that.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.