Author Topic: Unsolicited Advice: Maybe You’re Not an Introvert, Maybe You’re Just Rude  (Read 755 times)

Offline corbe

Unsolicited Advice: Maybe You’re Not an Introvert, Maybe You’re Just Rude

Posted at 10:00 am on November 1, 2019 by Kira Davis

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Welcome to Unsolicited Advice, the weekly column in which I give advice no one asked for to people who never asked for it.

Every time I turn around, someone is on Facebook posting an article about being an introvert.

10 Things Extroverted Introverts Want You To Know …

11 Things Introverts Want You To Know

5 Things Your Introverted Friends Want You to Know

All Introverts Want Extroverts To Know These 9 Things

15 Things Introverts Want You To Know

Every article wants you to know that introverts don’t hate conversation, they just hate shallow conversation.

Suddenly, it’s become cool to be an introvert. Not “cool” in the overt sense. It’s not cool to try to be cool. It’s cool in the “I’m so different from everyone else” kind of way. It’s one thing to find a kindred sentiment in a random blog post. It’s quite another to be inundated with blog posts declaring the secret superiority of the introverted.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2019/11/01/unsolicited-advice-maybe-youre-not-introvert-maybe-youre-just-rude/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

I really think people have way too much time to think about themselves.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I prefer "Hermit."   333cleo 333cleo 333cleo 333cleo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Unsolicited Advice: Maybe You’re Not an Introvert, Maybe You’re Just Rude

Every time I turn around, someone is on Facebook posting an article about being an introvert.

@corbe

That's what you get for going on Facebook.

It could be worse,though. You could be one of those twits on Twitter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I really think people have way too much time to think about themselves.

@berdie

I suspect it's all they have. Nobody else is going to think about them unless they owe that person money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

@berdie

I suspect it's all they have. Nobody else is going to think about them unless they owe that person money.

I don't know if you meant this to be funny @sneakypete but it made me chuckle. 'Cause it's true. :laugh: