Author Topic: Openload and Streamango Shut Down by Anti-Piracy Alliance ACE  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Openload and Streamango Shut Down by Anti-Piracy Alliance ACE
« on: November 01, 2019, 09:35:44 am »
Wanted to post this in cord cutter section but couldn't find it...

Quote from: article
With millions of regular visitors, file-hosting site Openload generates more traffic than popular streaming services such as Hulu or HBO Go.

While the site has plenty of legal uses it is also a thorn in the side of many copyright holders, due to the frequent appearance of pirated content.

More at link....

https://torrentfreak.com/openload-and-others-taken-down-by-anti-piracy-alliance-ace-191031/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Openload and Streamango Shut Down by Anti-Piracy Alliance ACE
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 12:27:19 pm »
I know a guy that was using this, or something similar.

But I have a hard enough time trying to watch anything worthwhile, to me, on any type of tv service.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 07:04:39 am »

But I have a hard enough time trying to watch anything worthwhile, to me, on any type of tv service.

It made a big dent in my online adventures... I used the heck out of them.... so this hurt... bigtime !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »

@bigheadfred

I have no idea about those pirate site as I stay away from them. In MY alleged mind,they seem like a perfect place for nerds to be able to steal ID's when you hook up there and give them access to your computer.

BUT.....,if you want to stream videos,movies,etc,etc,etc,you just can't beat a ROKU player https://www.roku.com/. I have been using one for several years now,and could pull in around 4,000 different channels if I had any interest in them.

Like comedies from the 50's? Comedies from the 60's? War movies? Vampire movies? Cooking shows? Religious broadcasting? Quilt making? Regardless of what you like and how bizarre or boring it would seem to someone else,there are channels out there dedicated solely to pretty much any subject you can think of,right up to live broadcasts of small town council meetings in rural America. With over 4,000 channels to chose from,you are bound to find some you like.

Seems like a lot of people don't know this,but there are also streaming versions of CBS,ABC,FOX,NBS,PBS,etc,etc,etc that you can pull in on demand at any time of the day or night you want to watch the program. I do this a lot when I am already recording two shows playing,and there is another one airing at the same time that I want to watch.

I have a RCA HD antenna (made in America) that I bought from Amazon for 43 bucks that pulls in 43 broadcast channels like NBC,ABC,etc in addition to the ROKU,and have a channel tuner with a 2TB hard drive to store recorded programs. Back when I bought my antenna they were only rated as being good for 45 miles,and since the closest tv broadcast tower is 54 miles away from me,I was a little worried I was wasting my money. Yet I was able to pull in 43 channels in every kind of weather. RCA has a version of this HD antenna selling on Amazon now for 45 bucks that is rated to pull in channels from up to 150 miles away.

Those channels you never heard of before that you can pull in with your antenna have in addition to the normal CBS,etc programming you are used to programming from the 50's to the 70's,like Alfred Hitchcock Presents,The Twilight Zone,The Rifleman,Maverick,The Carol Burnette Show,etc,etc,etc. And it is all free. Costs not even one thin dime,and you can record it to watch later.

BTW,if and when you do this,make sure you buy or borrow a compass so you can shoot an azimuth to point your antenna in the perfect direction. Go to https://www.tvfool.com/ and type in your address,and that web page will tell you how far away the tv stations are,and give you azimuths so you can point your antenna there. Doesn't have to be an expensive compass,but it does need to have degrees on the wheel. I think I paid 10 bucks for mine.

Cheaper than the sat programs offered,and I never miss anything due to weather conditions. I am also not paying for a dozen or so channels I have no interest in watching. The "Biggies" I want to watch like Amazon Prime (free),Netscape,Hulu,PBS,BritBox,etc,etc,etc,I subscribe to by paying a monthly fee for the ones not free.

I even pay for them via my ROKU (which costs $8.99 per month) which then charges the fees to my PayPal account. That way my actual bank account or ID is never exposed to the web.

Try it. You will be happy you did.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:52:17 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!