Author Topic: Florida principal who told parent he 'can't say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event' is fir  (Read 752 times)

rangerrebew

Florida principal who told parent he 'can't say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event' is fired

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

The Florida high school principal who refused to say the Holocaust happened because "not everyone believes" the historical event actually occurred has been fired.

William Latson, principal of Spanish River High School in Boca Raton, was initially reassigned when it was revealed he made the comments in April 2018. But on Wednesday, the Palm Beach County school board voted to oust him from the district.

Latson was fired on grounds of “ethical misconduct” and “failure to carry out job responsibilities," The Palm Beach Post reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-principal-holocaust-comments-fired

Offline Applewood

The principal sounds like a twit, but I'm not so sure not believing in the Holocaust and saying so are grounds for dismissal.  I'm thinking there is more to this story -- something else that would cause firing.  If there isn't, I think he has a legitimate cause of legal action against the district.

Offline thackney

The principal sounds like a twit, but I'm not so sure not believing in the Holocaust and saying so are grounds for dismissal.  I'm thinking there is more to this story -- something else that would cause firing.  If there isn't, I think he has a legitimate cause of legal action against the district.

Florida is an at-will state, which means an employer may fire, demote, hire, promote and discipline employees for pretty much any reason, or no reason at all.

As part of the education system, creating doubt of such well documented event is a good reason to get rid of him.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

Florida is an at-will state, which means an employer may fire, demote, hire, promote and discipline employees for pretty much any reason, or no reason at all.

As part of the education system, creating doubt of such well documented event is a good reason to get rid of him.

Ok, but I think this guy is black -- an oppressed group, you know.  A shyster lawyer could argue he was fired because of his skin color. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The best reason I can see is the idea that something didn't happen because "not everyone believes" it. There are those who contend all sorts of things, contrary to popular belief, so what would be taught if the standard "not everyone believes..." is applied?

Nothing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It is Boca Raton area.  The jury pool will be fun for that trial.

https://www.jta.org/2006/01/06/archive/once-sleepy-florida-suburb-center-of-jewish-population-boom

I don't even have to open that link to know how jewish Boca is!   LOL
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Necro'ing for the sake of context. An update:

Palm Beach County School Board Re-Hires Holocaust Denying Former Principal

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/10/09/palm-beach-county-school-board-re-hires-holocaust-denying-former-principal/

The Holocaust really isn’t a subject in which a person can remain noncommital and expect to not be questioned, especially if the person is a high school principal. A high school principal in Palm Beach County, Florida found that out the hard way in July 2019. He was fired but now finds himself re-hired, thanks to a vote by the local school board.

In July 2019 I wrote about William Latson, principal of Spanish River High. He found himself in hot water with a student’s mother when he offered less than a satisfactory answer to her question about the importance of educating students on the history of the Holocaust. It turned out that he was not willing to say that the Holocaust is a real historical event, he wanted to remain neutral on the subject. The absurdity of that forced the mother to demand he be removed from his position. Throughout all the fall-out he received, he refused to admit he is wrong about his Holocaust-denying stance. Not only did he refuse to call the Holocaust a historical event, but he also blamed the mom for even asking questions about the education of her child. Last October, the school board voted 5-2 to fire him. His refusal to answer questions about his comments on the Holocaust was a part of their decision to do so.

Dis! Gus! Ting!

Wasn't Palm Beach County one of the counties AlGore tried to use in 2000 to steal the Presidency?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.