Author Topic: Cooking with Texas company Bacon Up’s bacon grease  (Read 706 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Cooking with Texas company Bacon Up’s bacon grease
« on: October 29, 2019, 11:03:35 pm »
Houston Chronicle by  Greg Morago Oct. 29, 2019

Bacon Up collects its grease through a traditional smokehouse process in cooperation with SugarCreek Packing, the nation’s largest independent producer of pre-cooked bacon. It is “100 percent authentic bacon grease” that is not hydrogenated, has no trans fat or carbohydrates and is non-GMO, according to the company.

The product was introduced for retail sales in 2018 in nine Buc-ee’s in Texas. Distribution now includes select H-E-B stores, where gallon containers are priced at $16.99 to $19.99. The 14-ounce tubs will be available beginning the first week of November for $7.99. Also available on Amazon.

Like my mother, I always have a deep reserve of bacon grease, which I keep in Bonne Maman jam jars in my refrigerator. I stir a giant spoonful into my Crock Pot of pinto beans, and more later when those beans are refried. I’ve used it to fry summer corn with onions and cherry tomatoes; to lubricate a cast-iron pan for cornbread; and to make a vinaigrette for a frisée salad with lardons and a fried egg.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/life/food/article/Cooking-with-Texas-company-Bacon-Up-s-bacon-14571007.php

Bacon Up is shelf-stable rendered bacon fat that can be used for cooking, frying and seasoning.

Offline thackney

Re: Cooking with Texas company Bacon Up’s bacon grease
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 02:08:27 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Life is fragile, handle with prayer