Author Topic: Californians Created Their Current Wildfire Apocalypse  (Read 1766 times)

Online DB

Re: Californians Created Their Current Wildfire Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2019, 05:27:05 pm »
@PeteS in CA  Serious question:  Does the State of CA permit suing PG&E for forest fires?  My understanding is, they were driven into bankruptcy protection because they got the snot sued out of them for a large, deadly fire, and that's why they shut the lights off at the drop of a hat.

I ain't gonna rag y'all because of the lousy National Government's policies.  They're the ones that would rather watch the world burn before they let a timber company make a buck.

Yes. Even the governor had a glimpse at what was coming and tried to provide some legal relief shortly after the major 2018 fire but the legislature would have none of it. They were bent on blaming PG&E and bankrupting them. It was all the big bad companies fault which gave CA's major environmental mismanagement cover. So the natural consequence is when the wind blows and it is dry the power is turned off. PG&E is going to end up being owned by the state and then the state will grant itself immunity from lawsuits when fires start.

And meanwhile the price of electricity which was already very high will skyrocket.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Californians Created Their Current Wildfire Apocalypse
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »
Yes. Even the governor had a glimpse at what was coming and tried to provide some legal relief shortly after the major 2018 fire but the legislature would have none of it. They were bent on blaming PG&E and bankrupting them. It was all the big bad companies fault which gave CA's major environmental mismanagement cover. So the natural consequence is when the wind blows and it is dry the power is turned off. PG&E is going to end up being owned by the state and then the state will grant itself immunity from lawsuits when fires start.

And meanwhile the price of electricity which was already very high will skyrocket.

If there is any power at all distributed outside the elitists' preserves.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington