Author Topic: Katie Hill blames 'right-wing media' and 'hateful political operators' for leaked affair  (Read 470 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Katie Hill blames 'right-wing media' and 'hateful political operators' for leaked affair
by Mike Brest
 | October 28, 2019 02:22 PM

Former Democratic Rep. Katie Hill blamed the conservative media for uncovering an affair she had with a young female campaign staffer in a Monday video, a day after she announced her resignation.

Hill, 32, had photos published by Red State earlier this month that show her in a hotel room unclothed and brushing the hair of a female campaign staffer who worked on her 2018 congressional campaign. Additional photos were later published that showed her holding a bong and text messages with her husband and campaign workers expressing concern for her drinking habits.

"I made [the decision to resign] so that my supporters, my family, my staff, and our community will no longer be subjected to the pain inflicted by my abusive husband and the brutality of hateful political operatives," Hill said in the video. "This coordinated campaign carried out by the right-wing media and Republican opponents, enabling and perpetuating my husband's abuse by providing him a platform is disgusting and unforgivable."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/katie-hill-blames-right-wing-media-and-hateful-political-operators-for-leaked-affair
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Some people create their own storms and then get upset when it rains.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Duh. We couldn’t very well wait for the left wing media to uncover it, could we.

Offline PeteS in CA

I think a lot of the pix n stuff first showed up on the Daily Mail, a UK paper. Regardless, "I shouldn't have got caught!" is a particularly unpersuasive defense, IMO. Crap that doesn't exist doesn't leak out when you don't want it to.

Personally, I think her bad judgment, excessive use of recreational chemicals, and flaunting of ethics rules are things voters in her district needed to know.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

Duh. We couldn’t very well wait for the left wing media to uncover it, could we.

The MSM covers some things and covers others, IYKWIM. Hopefully you're posting from home, @skeeter, and not from a Starbucks or Campbell Public Library.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

The MSM covers some things and covers others, IYKWIM. Hopefully you're posting from home, @skeeter, and not from a Starbucks or Campbell Public Library.

@PeteS in CA I’m posting from home alright, from my phone. The bastrids haven’t turned our power back on yet. I think they’re waiting until after tomorrow’s forecasted breeze let’s up.

That is, if we get a breeze at all. If not, ‘oh well so sorry’.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:16:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

And will soon be gone.

And here's a couple of more Democrats that are in hotwater due to ethics violations.
Ethics Committee extends review of Tlaib, probes Hastings for alleged relationship with staffer
The House Ethics Committee on Thursday announced it is extending its review of a campaign finance matter related to Michigan Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib, while acknowledging for the first time a probe against Florida Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings concerning a "personal relationship with an individual employed in his congressional office."

Tlaib's campaign committee, Rashida Tlaib for Congress, allegedly "reported campaign disbursements that may not be legitimate and verifiable campaign expenditures attributable to bona fide campaign or political purposes," according to a release from the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE).  The Ethics Committee announced on August 16, 2019 that it had received a referral from the concerning Tlaib.

If Tlaib "converted campaign funds from Rashida Tlaib for Congress to personal use, or if Tlaib’s campaign committee expended funds that were not attributable to bona fide campaign or political purposes, then Tlaib may have violated House rules, standards of conduct, and federal law," the OCE continued.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-ethics-committee-announces-probe-into-dem-reps-tlaib-hastings
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline corbe

After aide sex scandal, Katie Hill staying in public eye
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 11:11:16 pm »
After aide sex scandal, Katie Hill staying in public eye

by Kerry Picket

November 14, 2019 05:53 PM

Former Rep. Katie Hill is out of Congress after resigning amid a sex scandal involving a former campaign aide and her estranged husband, but the California Democrat shows no signs she is leaving public life.

Hill, 32, quit the House Nov. 3 — ten months into her first term representing a northern Los Angeles County district — following a scandal that also included the leaking of nude photos of her. Less than two weeks into private life, she's emerged as a vocal voice on public affairs, whether chastising former Republican colleagues or commenting on the politics of a shooting at her former high school that left two people dead.

Through a series of tweets Wednesday, during an impeachment hearing, Hill trolled House Republicans, including top House Intelligence Committee GOP member Devin Nunes, Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York, Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio, and Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona. Earlier in the day on Twitter, Gosar raised questions about circumstances surrounding the death of Jeffrey Epstein, a billionaire and convicted sex offender arrested for sex trafficking.

After Hill's tweet critical of Gosar, he responded in kind by raising some of the more sordid details of the scandal that led to her departure from Congress.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/after-aide-sex-scandal-katie-hill-staying-in-public-eye
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MOD3

Merged Topics

Offline LadyLiberty

She ought to be wondering why she was under more fire than Ilhan Omar's affair with her staffer and the sham marriage to her brother.

Offline Hoodat

Like they did with Epstein?  Oh wait . . .
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-