Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 28th  (Read 471 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Oct. 28th
« on: October 28, 2019, 06:21:17 pm »
Transcripts https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Trump Goes to Chicago and Says What He’s Not Supposed to Say

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: He just did it again. The guy just doesn’t stop. He just did it again. President Trump is in Chicago. He’s speaking to a gigantic conference of law enforcement officials, police chiefs, sheriffs and so forth from all over the country. They’ve been doing this for 126 years. The meeting is in Chicago.

Before Trump got there the police superintendent of Chicago, Eddie Johnson, said he was gonna boycott, he’s not gonna go. He wasn’t gonna show up because Trump doesn’t share the right values. Trump doesn’t share Eddie Johnson’s values. You might remember Eddie Johnson. He’s the police chief that came out with all the evidence on Jussie Smollett, who the city attorney undercut, let Smollett go. The police chief didn’t understand it, got mad and so forth.

That’s when we first heard nationally of Eddie Johnson. And then he pipes up again saying Trump doesn’t represent his values. Trump is Mr. Unmentionables. He goes into places and he says what you’re not supposed to say. It is great. I have to tell you, it is absolutely great.

What are you not supposed to mention? You’re not supposed to go to Chicago, and you’re not supposed to talk about all the murders, 530 murders last year. You’re not supposed to do it. You’re not supposed to mention it. You’re not supposed to talk about the inept Chicago Police Department. You’re not supposed to talk about Chicago as a sanctuary city where they treat criminals in Chicago better than they treat law-abiding citizens.

Trump just called them out on it and he’s getting practically standing ovations for it, in Chicago. He’s standing up for the cops. He’s standing up for the beat cops, the patrol cops, the detectives. He’s standing up for everybody on the street doing their jobs who are handcuffed by bureaucrats who, of course, are obsessed by political correctness.

You’re not supposed to go to a Democrat stronghold like Chicago and you’re not supposed to call ’em out for their incompetence and you’re not supposed to call ’em out for their ineptitude, and you sure as heck are not supposed to talk about all the murders. And you’re not supposed to say that Chicago has some of the most stringent gun control laws in the country, which are not working, you’re not supposed to do that.

Here’s Donald Trump embattled, supposedly being impeached by a bunch of inept inferiors who couldn’t hold a candle to Donald Trump led by Pencil Neck Adam Schiff. Donald Trump is supposed to be quivering in the corner. He’s supposed to be scared. He’s supposed to be intimidated. He’s supposed to be worried they’re on the verge of throwing him out of Washington. What’s he doing? He’s going everywhere you’re supposed to not go, and he’s saying things you’re not supposed to say.

He is jamming political correctness down their throats. This has been fabulous. We will have sound bites for it as soon as we can. The president’s speech just concluded, now getting an award or getting some mentions there. I was struck by the amount of applause. I mean, Chicago is Eddie Johnson’s town. He’s the police superintendent. You know, I have to tell you, I liked Eddie Johnson during that Smollett thing.

I thought Eddie Johnson might have been one of us. And by that, I mean a conservative. I thought he might have been an African-American conservative. Obviously not or else he somehow for his own safety and protection, political career, felt it necessary to denounce Trump and then to announce that he wasn’t gonna dare show up and be anywhere Trump was. Maybe he has to do that for his career. Maybe he has to do that for having any chance of advancement in Chicago.

But, I mean, this is Rahm Emanuel’s town. I don’t care who the mayor is now, it’s Rahm Emanuel’s town. That means it’s Barack Obama’s town, it’s Bill Clinton’s town, and Donald Trump just went in there and called ’em out for all the things everybody knows is going on there that need to be fixed. He said, “You know what? We can fix this problem in a day. We can fix this problem in a day, and it wouldn’t be that hard. You know how we do it? We let the cops do their jobs.” And the place erupted. It erupted.

Now the media wants Donald Trump to be on the ropes, as I said. The media wants everybody to believe that Trump is barely hanging on. The media wants everybody to believe that Trump is quivering and cowering in the corners and is about to recognize that his days as president are over, and it is the exact opposite.

Trump said another president — he’s talking about Baghdadi — and, by the way, you know, this Baghdadi thing, this whole operation, the media coverage of it, again it’s a teachable moment. And there’s no better place to be taught about this than right here, the EIB Network. So hang on.

But Trump is unafraid. You know, the fraternity of presidents is such, there are very few of them, I mean, he’s number 45, but he’s not the 45th president because some of them served two terms. You’re not supposed to call each other out. You’re just not supposed to do it. But he calls out Obama every chance he gets. And you know why? Because it’s Barack Obama who led that coup.

It’s Barack Obama and Comey and Brennan who put all of that in motion with the FBI, the DOJ, in order to railroad Trump, get him out of town before he served his first term. And Trump knows it. And he’s not going to sit there and have reverence and respect for this fraternity. That’s not who he is. So he plainly tells these police officers and all at this convention in Chicago, “Another president would have gotten Baghdadi years ago.”

You know, it’s been fascinating to study the media reaction to this. You know one of the things I saw first? I tried to remember, I didn’t print it, I haven’t been able to find it, because frankly it hasn’t been be a priority to find out who because it could be any of them. But somebody in the media actually said, “Obama was so elegant in his press conference announcing the death of bin Laden, and Trump was so coarse, calling him a dog. Called him cowering, scared like a scared dog, it was so inelegant. It was so ew, ew, it was so bad,” the way Trump announced the death of Baghdadi compared to the way Obama announced the death of bin Laden.

And Obama made it a point, “We did not desecrate the body of bin Laden in respect for Islamic tradition.” Well, we didn’t have the chance to save al-Baghdadi’s body because he blew himself up and his three kids rather than be captured by the Trump regime. He didn’t want any part of that.” So Trump points out that another president would have gotten him years ago. He then told this convention that his administration has destroyed the caliphate by almost a hundred percent.

He then introduced William Barr, and Barr got another huge ovation. He said that Barr is doing a great job. Boy, when he got to Eddie Johnson… You know, Eddie Johnson could have not been mentioned. If Eddie Johnson would have just shut up, Trump would not have even mentioned him. Eddie Johnson, though, had to go make a big deal out of the fact that he wasn’t gonna show up. The Chicago police superintendent had to make a big deal about it.

You know, most of these guys still don’t know Donald Trump. They think that he’s gonna ignore it. They think, “Well, I can call out Trump and Trump is the president. The president cannot punch down. The president cannot come down to my level. So I’ll be able to say whatever I want about the president and he will not be able to react to me,” and Trump doesn’t care who you are. You could be the mayor of Juarez, Mexico, and say something, and he’ll come after you.

So he called out Eddie Johnson, the police superintendent, for not being there and for not doing his job — and then Trump recited the horrible shooting numbers in Chicago. The murders. The incidents. He pointed out Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the United States. He said (summarized), “That doesn’t seem to be working out too well.” He said, “You can count on me. I am always… When it comes down to deciding on illegal criminals and American citizens, you can count on me to come down on the side of the American citizen.”

The place erupts. Now, you might say, “Well, Rush, that’s just common sense.” If it’s common sense, why’s Trump the only guy who says it? And when Trump says it, why is it so controversial? Why is it something he’s not supposed to mention? Why are you not to mention it? Why are you not supposed to mention what a bunch of bad actors ISIS and Islamist extremists are? Why are you not supposed to talk about the murders in Chicago? Why are you not supposed to talk about neighborhoods those murders happen in?

Why are you not supposed to mention this?

Because you’re not supposed to call out the left. You’re not supposed to call out liberals. You are just not supposed to mention it. He trashed the Jussie Smollett case as a scam. He said it’s just like the impeachment of your president is scam — and, again, big applause.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I think I’m right about Eddie Johnson. When we first heard of Eddie Johnson here… People in Chicago have known him for a long time. He’s the police superintendent. When he came out and announced the Jussie Smollett case — and remember what he was saying. He couldn’t understand why this young, successful African-American would want to make up a story like this, why he would want to embarrass Chicago, why he would want to embarrass himself. What was the point?

And then when the case got dumped, Eddie Johnson was livid. I also assumed that Eddie Johnson might have been a closet conservative, certainly not a card-carrying leftist. Then he comes out and says (summarized), “If Donald Trump’s comin’ to Chicago, I’m not goin’ to where Trump’s gonna be. Donald Trump’s values and mine are totally different! I don’t want to be anywhere near where Trump is.”

This doesn’t sound like the Eddie Johnson I got to know. It sounds like Eddie Johnson said what he thought he had to say to maintain good standing with his bosses, and there may be something to that. The New York Daily News… This was a week and a half ago, and I missed this. I don’t read the New York Daily News. I’ll be honest with you. I don’t. It’s the one newspaper I don’t read ’cause their website’s impossible, simply impossible. So I don’t even try to find a way to make it workable. But here was the headline:

“Chicago’s Top Cop Eddie Johnson Calls for Internal Investigation on Himself After He Fell Asleep in Car, But Says Failure to Take His Medication the Issue.” Chicago Tribune headline: “Why Was Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson Found Asleep at the Wheel? The City Deserves an Answer.” So this guy’s in the crosshairs. Eddie Johnson’s in big trouble. He fell asleep in his car doing something, and the city of Chicago wants to know why. So he’s got to do something to save himself. So Trump coming to town, he thought, was the golden nugget.

Bash Trump.

Show his “good” side.

Save the job.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

If you’re on hold on the phones, I beg your patience. Here we start with Trump in Chicago at the International Association of Chiefs of Police Annual Conference and Exposition.

THE PRESIDENT: We killed ISIS leader al-Baghdadi.

CROWD: (whoops, whistles, applause, cheers)

THE PRESIDENT: They’ve been looking for him for a long time. They’ve been looking for him for many years. He was a sick and depraved man, and now he’s dead.

CROWD: (laughter and applause)

THE PRESIDENT: He’s dead. He’s dead as a doornail.

CROWD: (laughter and applause)

RUSH: Oh, see? Unmentionables!

THE PRESIDENT: He didn’t die bravely, I will tell you that.

CROWD: (laughter)

THE PRESIDENT: He should have been killed years ago. Another president should have gotten him.

RUSH: (impression) “He’s so bad. You’re not supposed to say that. You’re supposed to criticize Obama! Nobody can criticize Obama. You’re not supposed to get away with it; you won’t get away with it. You don’t do it. We’re not gonna let you! You cannot criticize Obama.” You hear? “He’s dead as a doornail. He’s dead. He’s dead as a doornail. He didn’t die bravely, either. He died a whimpering coward.”

By the way, Trump did something strategic in that speech yesterday. Did you hear him mention the dogs three or four times? The canines? He didn’t call ’em “canines.” He called ’em “dogs.” I’ll explain why that’s relevant in a moment. Here is what makes Trump, Trump: He goes to Chicago, rips into the police superintendent Eddie Johnson — yet another unmentionable.

THE PRESIDENT: There is one person that’s not here today. We’re in Chicago.

CROWD: (laughter)

THE PRESIDENT: I said, “Where is he? I want to talk to him.” In fact, more than anyone else, this person should be here because maybe he could learn something —

CROWD: (cheers, whistles, applause)

RUSH: This is Eddie Johnson’s town!

THE PRESIDENT: — and that’s the superintendent of Chicago police, Eddie Johnson. A few days ago, Johnson said, quote, “The values of the people of Chicago are more important than anything Trump would have to say.” I don’t think so. Because that’s a very insulting statement after all I’ve done for the police, and I’ve done more than any other president’s ever done for the police.

CROWD: (cheers, whistling, applause)

RUSH: He’s talking about criminal justice reform among other things here. You just… I mean, this doesn’t happen. Republicans/conservatives don’t go in and do this. They cower, they beg forgiveness, they wouldn’t even mention Eddie Johnson. Now, Obama and the left can go in and rip any Republican they want to hoots and howls. Oh, Trump wasn’t done, by the way. There’s one more on this…

THE PRESIDENT: Here’s a man that could not bother to show up for a meeting of police chiefs — the most respected people in the country — in his hometown, and with the president of the United States. And you know why? It’s because he’s not doing his job. Last year, 565 people were murdered in Chicago. Since Eddie Johnson has been police chief, more than 1,500 people have been murdered in Chicago, and 13,067 people have been shot.

RUSH: Eddie Johnson could have just shut up. If he would have just not said anything, Trump would not have called him out. He wouldn’t have even had to go to this thing. Just don’t say anything. But they found Eddie Johnson asleep at the wheel. Eddie Johnson’s obviously in a career crisis, and what do you do in a liberal town when you’re in a career crisis? You show whose side you’re on by bashing the president and by saying something along the lines:

“I can’t believe… I can’t believe that there’s anything more important that Trump would have to say than the values of Chicago. I’m not going.” That’s supposed to curry favor with his bosses in Chicago — and it probably did. It probably did, and here’s Trump calling him out. These are devastating stats: 565 people murdered last year, 1,500 people murdered in Chicago while he’s been police superintendent, and 13,000 people have been shot.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 28th
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:21:55 pm »

Sidney Blumenthal Tries to Kill Lee Smith’s Book

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: You know the book I told you about, Lee Smith’s book? Sidney Blumenthal is trying to get it shut down.

The Clinton administration, the Clinton machine is trying to stop the publication of the Lee Smith book which connects the Clintons and Obama to the coup attempt to get rid of Donald Trump. Sidney Blumenthal, who was a major player in many aspects because he’s always at Hillary’s side, tried to get the book shut down. Lee Smith is starting to do interviews now. The book comes out this week. There’s another excerpt that has been published. We’ll have the details for you.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 06:22:44 pm »

“Democracy Dies in Darkness” Isn’t a Warning, It’s a Plan!

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: The Washington Post headlines on the story of the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Sahib Skyhook… You know, the Washington Post had this motto. They changed their motto after Trump was elected president to “Democracy Dies in Darkness.” We thought, “Well, these people are a little nuts.” “Democracy Dies in Darkness.” Actually you know what? I don’t think it was a warning. It’s their plan. It’s their plan to keep you in the dark about things that really happen. The death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi… How about this headline:

“Austere Religious Scholar at Helm of Islamic State Dies at 48.” “Noted Philanthropist Adolf Hitler Commits Suicide in Passionate Last Moment.” Could you imagine how the Washington Post would deal with other famous…? “Mao Tse-tung, Who Deprived 40 Million Chinese of the Pain of Suffering Life, Murders Them with Great Compassion — Washington Post.” I mean, it’s incredible, and there’s a reason for this. There’s an activist reason for this.

The word has gone out that at no time and for no reason will Donald Trump ever be portrayed in a positive or even neutral way. Look what happened to the New York Times when they ran a headline which acknowledged that Trump spoke out against racism. Look. You remember. They had to change that headline because their leftist subscribers bombarded them. (sputtering) “That was too fair! That was… That was not hard-hitting enough on Trump!” So they rewrote the headline and rewrote the story to make it an excoriating accusation of racism against Trump.

“Democracy Dies in Darkness.” It’s not a warning. It wasn’t something they were afraid of. It was their plan to keep people in the dark!

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We’ll get to the al-Baghdadi circumstance. Remember, my friends, on this program, we don’t do topics here. We do issues. We do play-by-play of the news. That’s exactly what I do. There’s nobody better at it — play-by-play of the news in real time — and, of course, the news of the real time right now is Trump in Chicago. We’ll deal with that first. We’ll go back. We’ve got sound bites of Trump making a speech about the death of al-Baghdadi. We have… (chuckling) We have the Washington Post story by David Nakamura.

“In Creating Spectacle Around Baghdadi’s Death, Trump Departs from Obama’s More Measured Tone on Bin Laden.” Predictable. These people are as predictable as the sun coming up. (sniveling) “Trump’s bad. Do you see how gauche he was announcing the death of that poor terrorist leader? Oh, an austere religious leader! Trump murders religious leaders! It’s unfair. Obama was much more elegant when he announced the Americans killing Bin Laden — much more elegant.”

Big whoop!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 06:23:28 pm »

Dems Worry They Can’t Beat Trump

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: Trump was praising today the value of people’s 401(k)s, the stock market at an all-time high, economic activity shooting through the roof. On the Democrat side, “Growing Uncertainty Looms Over the Democrat 2020 Primary.” Growing uncertainty? There’s nothing growing about it. The uncertainty has been there since day one.

There’s not a one of them in that list of 23 that excites enough people. So now the next headline from Real Clear Politics: “Thinking of a Late Entry into the 2020 Primary? Think Again.” This is a story about how saviors coming in late in the primary process — like a Michelle (My Belle) Obama or a Hillary Clinton or whatever — bomb out. They never save the day. It never works. Late entries, all they end up doing is exposing the failures and the deficiencies and the incompetence of those who have already tried.

So we’re loaded today, folks, as we always are. We’ll take a brief time-out. We’ll come back, and I can’t wait ’til we get the sound bites of Trump in Chicago rolled off and ready to go for you, because this is classic. This is classic Trump. He’s in the belly of the beast, saying all the unmentionable things in the wrong place. You’re not supposed to do what Trump did. Trump’s not even supposed to be on offense. Trump’s supposed to be on defense. Trump’s supposed to be so scared. Trump is supposed to be acting guilty.

He’s supposed to be acting in ways that would make people want to hurt him less. He’s supposed to be almost seeking forgiveness — and instead, he’s just hitting ’em between the eyes again and again and again.

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 06:45:38 pm »

Washington Deep Stater Fans Boo Trump

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: What? (interruption) Oh, the booing at the Nationals…? You know, that is a great illustration. That whole incident where Trump goes to the World Series game last night? The Washington Deep Staters against the Houston Astros, right? So the Deep Staters, they show Trump on the big Videotron at the game, and the Deep Stater fans — and that’s what they are. They’re Deep Staters.

I mean, it’s Washington, D.C., it’s strategery. It’s government suburbs. And so everybody there except the Houston fans starts booing Trump left and right. Trump’s in there smiling. He’s got that gigantic smile on his face with Melania next to him. He’s just having a great time. The Deep Staters and the Deep Stater fans are booing him. That’s a microcosm for America, folks. Oh, don’t be worried about that. No, no, no. That’s classic.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, about Trump getting booed, I want to get this out of the way ’cause I’ve got the sound bites here for Trump in Chicago. We’re gonna come to those right after the break. Trump is getting booed in Washington at the Nationals game with the Houston Astros, the deep staters in the World Series. He gets cheered everywhere else in the country. Everywhere he goes he gets cheered by the throngs. And I think Trump getting booed and those people in that stadium last night shouting, “Lock him up, lock him up” illustrates the Washington swamp about as well as anything can.

What did you have? You had a stadium 95% filled with swamp dwellers, people from Washington, people from northern Virginia, suburban Maryland, liberal Democrat faux elites, people who made their living working for government. It’s that northern Virginia bunch especially that loves that blackface governor. Remember that?

Ralph Northam. Ralph Northam, who went and done had his photo taken wearing blackface while he was in med school and then said when it came to abortion, go ahead and kill the baby after it is born, make it comfortable and zap. Got it, Bo? He’s still there. No complaints about Ralph Northam. Lieutenant governor violates every tenet of #MeToo. Liberal elites in northern Virginia couldn’t care less that their governor is a racist.

The only deplorables in that stadium, a few hundred fans that were traveling from Houston. And if you paid attention to the Drive-By Media, Trump being booed at the game was a bigger story than nailing Baghdadi. And of course it was! Makes perfect sense. Because the only coverage of Trump will be negative. It’s a microcosm, folks. What happened in that stadium is a microcosm, Washington, D.C., versus the rest of us, Washington, D.C., with a select few elites and a very narrow framework and point of view versus the rest of the country with the exception of the elites on some of the other coasts.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 07:38:58 pm »
Trump’s Brilliant Syria Strategy Fooled Everyone

Trump’s Brilliant Syria Strategy Fooled Everyone

Oct 28, 2019

RUSH: You know, Trump did not tell any Democrats — and you know what’s fascinating, folks? If I may add. There are four reporters — and I don’t remember all their names. Maggie Haberman is one from the New York Times, and there’s another one at the New York Times, Schmidt, maybe. There’s a couple from the Washington Post. And these four reporters are the primary reporters of leaks.

And so they have accrued great reputations as having inside knowledge right inside the Trump administration. They’ve got sources in the Oval Office. And not a one of those four reporters had any advance knowledge of the military attack on Baghdadi, and this thing had been in the planning stages for weeks and, in fact, you want to hear something brilliant? Not brilliant from me. You get me being brilliant every day. No, a brilliant strategy here.

The announcement of withdrawing troops from Syria was part of the strategy to set ’em all up! And it worked! Look at all the people that fell in line. Every predictable Never Trumper Republican, every RINO Republican and every Democrat and the entirety of the media fell for it hook, line, and sinker. The Never Trumpers especially, they just couldn’t contain themselves, writing about how Trump was turning over Syria to ISIS. By pulling the troops out, he was veritably handing Syria to ISIS. He was the epitome of incompetence. He was the epitome of a joke.

The Never Trumpers were out saying that this move by Trump proved everything they had ever been saying about his unfitness and lack of qualifications. And it was all a setup. Announcing the troop withdrawal — we’re talking 50 American troops, advisers. But that was part of the strategy. It was part of the setup. It was part of setting up Baghdadi and his group. And it worked like a champ.

But back to the point. You know, I don’t want to gloss over this. This is something a lot of you might have been worried about because, you know, we’re big on allies, and the Kurds have been our allies, and some of you might have been afraid that Trump was abandoning the Kurds. Now, I gotta be careful how I say this because I hate me-too-ism. But, folks, I don’t doubt Donald Trump.

You know, I don’t live in the place where a lot of people do. I don’t mean you, but there are some Trump supporters who believe that he’s barely holding it together and one of these days he’s gonna make the big mistake that we can’t defend. You know the kind of people I’m talking about. That’s not me.

If Donald Trump announces that we’re getting out of Syria, I do not doubt him. I do not immediately conclude he doesn’t know what he’s doing. I try to put it in context with what I know about him. Then I withhold judgment. Part of this is you’re not gonna get me tricked into criticizing Donald Trump. I’m not gonna fall for it. I’m not gonna let it happen. Too many people do. Too many people can’t wait because they just have crises of confidence.

And so this announcement of troop withdrawals, the troop drawdown in Syria was a classic. It was part of the operation. But here’s the point. All of these super reporters, these four reporters, two of them from the Times, two of them from the Washington Post, they didn’t have a word about it. There were no leaks. Which makes me wonder how much of what they’re reporting is true in the first place! Apparently there are people all over Washington leaking everything about Trump, but about this there were zero, there were zero leaks?

I’m wondering how much these reporters are just making up. They never name their sources. The sources are always anonymous. They’re always current or former U.S. government officials or intelligence operatives or whatever. How much of it are they just making up? And don’t discount that. I think much of the news about Donald Trump that is passed off as sourced by experts “troubled by what’s happening in the administration” may be just made up. The Washington Post has given us all the evidence in the world that they are capable of it.

These obits, obituaries for al-Baghdadi, we don’t need any more evidence. That’s just piling on. We don’t need any more evidence they’ll make it up. Not one leak. And this operation had been in the works for weeks. So the time came for Pelosi and Schiff and some of the other Democrats, “Hey, you’re supposed to consult us. You’re supposed to tell us about it, you’re supposed to bring us in.”

And Trump could have said, “I tried to. I tried to give Pelosi the truth of what’s going on in Syria, but she threw this hissy fit and stormed out and went out to the microphones and claimed that America needs to pray for me because I’m losing my mind. I had a meeting with ’em. I had ’em in the White House. I was gonna brief ’em.”

You know what I wish Trump would have said? “I didn’t think I had to tell the Democrats what was going on. I thought the whistleblower would.” Would that not have been great? He didn’t say that, but that would have been piece de resistance.

So these four reporters, not one of these aces — Maggie Haberman, I can’t remember the other three — but not a one of them had the slightest idea this operation against al-Baghdadi was in place and that it was being formed and planned for weeks. Now in the aftermath they’re trying to say Trump didn’t know about it. He was not consulted ’til the last minute because the military knows Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. This is all BS, folks. It’s literally all BS.

Trump was involved in it from the get-go, had a hand in the strategy. The stuff they would never say about Obama. And yet they had to go grab Obama off the golf course on the day they were gonna take out bin Laden! Remember? Obama was out playing golf. They had to go get him, rush him back to The Situation Room and put an official U.S. president’s jacket on him. And then there were all these pictures of Obama studying the live video feed of the operation to get bin Laden.

He was on the golf course! But, of course, when the Drive-Bys get to Obama, why, he was the architect, he was the sole planner, it was his idea, nobody else had any decent additions to make so Obama scripted the whole thing and was so confident he went out and played golf.

They had to go grab Hillary too. She was out reading emails. You cannot have one iota’s positive or even neutral coverage on Donald Trump. And the media is still freaking, as evidenced by the Washington Post. I don’t know how much of what the Washington Post published you’ve read. Let me share with you some of this. Their headline, “Austere Religious Leader,” blah, blah, blah, blah, “al-Baghdadi Dead,” cared deeply for his flock or whatever.

“An austere religious scholar with wire-frame glasses and no known aptitude for fighting and killing,” died today. “Despite the group’s extremist views and vicious tactics, Mr. Baghdadi maintained a canny pragmatism as leader. … A shy, nearsighted youth who liked soccer but preferred to spend his free time at the local mosque.”

The Washington Post changed their headline of al-Baghdadi’s obituary. The actual obituary is what I just read from. That’s even worse than the original headline.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: It goes without saying, the death of al Bookr al-Baqi Sab-Sahib Bagdhadi really fouls the media’s narrative on Syria that Trump is incompetent, that Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing, that Trump has turned Syria over to ISIS. Now that’s all blown up. Saturday Night Live is routinely embarrassed and was embarrassed hugely Saturday night. They ran a big skit on how Trump has been creating all kinds of new jobs for ISIS in Syria — and at the very moment Saturday Night Live was doing their stupid, foolish script, we were wiping out the ISIS leader.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Back to the phones and Dallas. This is Wynn. Great to have you. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. I just wanted to say thank you, and I was listening to the president’s press… (silence)

RUSH: Did we lose the cell? We appear…

CALLER: (garbled)

RUSH: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Your connection bopped out on us. We need to have you start it again. You said you were “listening to the president’s,” and then you cut out.

CALLER: I was listening to the president’s presser, the al-Baghdadi presser, with my two daughters yesterday, and I told my daughters, “The reason why the president is using such strong language is because he’s not just talking to us as Americans. He’s also talking to the enemy,” and —

RUSH: What do you mean…?

CALLER: (crosstalk)

RUSH: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I… Whoa, whoa. What do you mean strong language?

CALLER: Well, what’s being described as “strong language” by the media when he uses words like —

RUSH: You mean when he said, “He died like a dog! He died like a coward! He was whimpering and begging and screaming!” That kind of tough talk?

CALLER: That kind of tough talk. Exactly.

RUSH: That’s not tough talk. It happens to be a factual description of the way the little coward went! Oops! I’m sorry. Tough talk. I called him a coward! Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Forgive me. I’m looking heavenly. Please forgive me!

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: Oh, my God. I called Baghdadi a coward.

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: How old are your daughters?

CALLER: They are 8 and 11.

RUSH: Well, okay. So you’re given ’em good less. So you told ’em his audience is not just Americans but terrorists all over the world, that their number’s up, they’re next, they’re not gonna get any pass from us, right? That’s your point.

CALLER: That’s correct. But, you know, other thing I observed — and I have to mention this, too. I noticed how incurious the journalists who were present at the presser were, and then throughout the rest of the day on all the shows on TV, no one seemed to be asking any questions about who was captured. The president mentioned that those who weren’t killed surrendered.

RUSH: Well, why do you think that they were not curious?

CALLER: Well, I think they were focused on the president dissing Pelosi and (crosstalk).

RUSH: Nope. That too. But the reason they were not curious is they are not going to ask questions that they think might allow the president to look good. So, “Other terrorists captured? To hell with that! We’re gonna ask questions that make Trump, in our view, look like a bumbling idiot and a fool and maybe somebody that didn’t even know this operation was happening.” I’ll guarantee you that most of the journalists there assumed that Trump didn’t know anything about this, that he had to get a briefing from the military before he went out.

And they were gonna be able to trip him up. And they were convinced because this is what they think of him. He’s incapable of this kind of elite thinking, this kind of advanced strategic military thinking. Because the buddies of the media, the leftist officer corps in the military have been telling him, “This Trump is an idiot! This guy, he doesn’t understand the front end of a gun from the back end of a gun. This guy is an absolute joke.”

So they’re gonna believe this stuff. So they’re gonna ask him questions based on their presumption that he doesn’t know anything about the operation, and they’re gonna try to trip him up. And Trump blew them out of the water with detail after detail after detail. They are genuinely incurious because they don’t want and will not do anything that makes Trump look good. This is why reporters began talking about how “inelegant” Trump was, like what you were talking to your daughters about.

They started contrasting Trump’s coarse language and mean-spirited, vindictive invective — as opposed to Obama’s elegant subscriptions of the steps taken to preserve the body of bin Laden in salute to Islamic tradition. “Obama was so wonderful. He was so thoughtful. He was so elegant and well spoken. And Trump (sputtering) is just a stupid, disgusting Neanderthal!” And so that guides the coverage throughout the day.

I’m here to tell you: The media, folks, is freaking out over this. They’ll never report how much they’re freaking out, and they’re try to cover up how much. But just go back to last week when Trump announces the Syria pull out. Oh, did they have a field day! They had a field day. They went all of their think tank and military think tank buddies, and the story all week was, “Oh, man, this guy’s making life more dangerous! This guy is just giving Syria to the Russians.

“This is further Russian collusion. This guy’s working with the enemies of America. This guy’s so inept and so incompetent, he doesn’t know what he’s doing. This is endangering everybody,” blah, blah, blah. All the experts out to talk about what an idiot Trump was. This operation has been in the works for weeks, and there wasn’t a single leak about it. Nobody found out. Even all these reporters who are wired; they know everything.

I think most of what you see in the news that is sourced to anonymous people… I’m gonna tell you right now, I think over half of it is just made up, literally made up like Adam Schiff made up… While he was chairing his Intelligence Committee, he made up facts that Trump told the Ukrainian president to make up dirt on Biden, to dig it up and make it up. He told him nine times, told him, “Don’t get back to me ’til you’ve got what I want.” It didn’t happen.

I think people are making things up and telling the reporters as official sources. The reporters don’t care. If it sounds bad, they run with it. But somewhere along the line from invisible, anonymous source/leaker to journalist — to either publication or broadcast — somebody in that chain is literally making it up half the time. It gets reported and it gets published or broadcast as media fact. I say this because these four ace reporters — two from the Post, two from the Times — say nobody told them a thing about this operation.

If they’re that wired, if they’ve got people inside that are telling them everything — if Trump is surrounded by saboteurs, if Trump is surrounded by people that are trying to undermine him — then where were they on this operation? Trump did not tell the Democrats. Isn’t that interesting? The one specific group of people that were not brought in on this — Nancy Pelosi and other leading Democrats, Schumer in the Senate — didn’t know a thing, and there were no leaks. Folks, this was a bang-up operation, and it starts with Trump announcing the Syria troop withdrawal.

And I am convinced, like I’ve said now a couple of times, that it was part of the plan.

The Syria withdrawal was part of the plan. It had one primary objective, and that was to make al-Bakkir Sahib Skyhook al-Baghdadi relax. (impression) “Ah, the Americans… Death to America! Death to America! The Americans are pulling out. I can continue to murder and rape and behead, and I will do it and I will make videos,” and bam! Next thing he knows is his suicide vest goes on off ’cause he set it off because he’s about to be wiped out. “Death to America! Death to America!” Death to Baghdadi! The Washington Post loved him. “He was an austere religious leader who used to love soccer and he got caught up in a bad crowd.”

So the withdrawal was part of the plan, brilliantly conceived and executed here.

You know what? I even heard somebody say in the Drive-Bys, “Where was Pompeo?” Secretary of state. This operation was monitored from The Situation Room at the White House. Pompeo wasn’t there. He was in Kansas. That’s where he’s from, by the way. And so people were trying to discredit the operation by saying Pompeo wasn’t there, obviously Trump hates Pompeo, obviously Trump doesn’t trust Pompeo.

Pompeo is the secretary of state. You know why Pompeo did not come back to Washington? So as not to create anybody’s interest. Pompeo flies off to Kansas, he got previously scheduled business there, does not race back in time, does not call attention, does not have all the body contact watching him.

He’s secretary of state. There’s press corps constantly watching his movements. If this guy’d made a scramble back to Washington, they would have wondered why. So he was kept in Kansas in order to keep cover on the operation. And then it’s a bang-up home run of a job.

By the way, can I talk to you about risk-taking? Let’s look at this from a hypothetical. Imagine if it had failed, in the midst of this faux impeachment fiasco, imagine if it had failed. Remember what happened to Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter 1979, some of you may have not heard of this. Some of you may not know Jimmy Carter other than as a home builder. Like, pop quiz. Do you know what the Kingdome was?

Well, that’s where the Mariners and the Seahawks used to play. But a lot of Millennials have never heard of the Seattle Kingdome ’cause it got torn down. Now they’ve got CenturyLink Field. And that’s not long ago. That’s recent. A lot of people don’t know, Jimmy Carter, 1979, 54 Americans are kept hostage by the Iranian government, including among them Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. And Jimmy Carter allowed his presidency to be consumed with those American hostages. Remember this, Mr. Snerdley?

The Iranian hostage situation is what gave birth to the ABC late-night TV show called Nightline. It started out America held hostage, Day whatever. And by the time they got to Day 1,000, Ted Koppel said, you know what? We may as well make this a nightly show and just call it Nightline. And so that’s how it began.

Well, Jimmy Carter, the economy was in malaise, everything in the country was going — interest rates — ha-ha — interest rates today are 0.2. Interest rates back then were 12 to 14%. If you went out to try to buy a house, the best thing that could have happened to you was to be turned down for your mortgage ’cause you had no way of paying it. Jimmy Carter scheduled a rescue mission. His best and brightest military people conceived of a mission led by helicopters.

And they were to land in the desert, have ground troops go into Tehran, liberate the hostages, get ’em back out to the helicopters, and lift off. Well, Jimmy Carter’s helicopters landed and then a sandstorm came along and they were all incapacitated. The operation was blown, everybody knew about it, Jimmy Carter looked inept on top of inept.

Now, imagine if this had bombed out. Imagine if this operation had not succeeded, how that could have fed into what the Democrats are trying to do with impeachment. And yet Trump fearlessly authorized the mission and it was successful. Immensely so.
Support the USO