Author Topic: 'Mass chaos': Manhunt on for shooter who killed 2, injured 16 at homecoming party  (Read 341 times)

Online mountaineer

'Mass chaos': Manhunt on for shooter who killed 2, injured 16 at homecoming party
19 hrs ago

A manhunt was launched Sunday for a gunman who opened fire at a crowded football homecoming party for Texas A&M Commerce, killing two young people and leaving 16 others injured before escaping into what the local sheriff described as "mass chaos."

About 750 people were at an off-campus party venue in Greenville, Texas, celebrating the Texas A&M Commerce football team's homecoming victory on Saturday over Western New Mexico when gunshots erupted just after midnight, Hunts County Sheriff Randy Meeks said at a news conference Sunday morning.

Meeks said the unidentified gunman entered the venue through a back door and immediately shot one man and then turned his gun on the crowd of partygoers, many dressed in Halloween costumes, Meeks said.  ...

"It was mass chaos with people trying to exit the building," Meeks said. "Some of the injuries were from broken glass. There were four abreast trying to get out the front door, which is a regular opening."  ...

He said 12 of the 16 people injured suffered gunshot wounds.
More from ABC News
That wasn't a party, it was a small town!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I'd be looking for a guy who got turned down by a girl.

Online mountaineer

Man arrested in Texas shooting that left 2 dead, 12 hurt
Associated Press | Monday, October 28, 2019 5:31 p.m.

GREENVILLE, Texas — A man suspected of opening fire at an off-campus college party in Texas, killing two people and injuring 12 others, was arrested Monday.

Brandon Ray Gonzales, 23, of Greenville, Texas, was taken into custody less than 48 hours after the shooting Saturday, Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks said. ... More

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Mass chaos': Manhunt on for shooter who killed 2, injured 16 at homecoming party

When it was first reported, the media declared this a 'mass shooting'.

Since only two are dead, this is an apparent overstatement.

But notice how subtly it now works the word 'mass' back in with 'mass chaos'.

It is reporting with an agenda, which is not reporting, but making the news.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

I agree.  It also is overhyped because of its relative nearness to a school.  The media likes nothing more than a school shooting.