Author Topic: 'It's very me': NASA engineer celebrates Palestinian heritage in viral photo (2024, 1st woman on moo  (Read 548 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2024, first woman on the moon apparently will be the mission.

'It's very me': NASA engineer celebrates Palestinian heritage in viral photo
Nujoud Merancy's decision to wear Palestinian tatreez in NASA headshot was inspired by Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, she tells MEE

Nujoud Merancy wore a blazer embroidered with a Palestinian design in her new NASA work photo (NASA headshot)
By Sheren Khalel

in Washington
Published date: 24 October 2019 15:57 UTC | Last update: 14 sec ago

When Nujoud Merancy posed for her new NASA headshot, she had no idea the Palestinian-inspired blazer she was wearing would garner global attention.

Based out of the agency's space centre in Houston, Texas, Merancy is one of the leaders on the Orion spacecraft programme, which as part of the 2024 Artemis mission plans to send the first woman to the moon.

The project's goals are monumental, as it also seeks to build a sustainable presence on the moon's surface - and send the first astronaut to Mars.

More at: https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/NASA-engineer-Palestinian-heritage-viral-photo-Nujoud-Merancy

I don't know if she will actually be the first woman on the moon or if that is for someone else.