Author Topic: 10 Tips to Help You Shoot Like a Long-Range Sniper  (Read 720 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
10 Tips to Help You Shoot Like a Long-Range Sniper
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:34:52 pm »
Outdoor Life by James Hall, and Alex Robinson 10/21/2019

Go long to shoot better in every scenario

It's not often that seasoned hunters would listen to a 26-year-old tell them how to shoot better. Heck, most of us kill whitetails with guns older than that. However, Staff Sergeant George Reinas is not just a young sniper for the U.S. Air Force. For the past five years he has been instructing our flyboy snipers on how to shoot better.

The Sniper's 1-Mile Shot

Before last week the farthest I had ever shot a rifle was 300 yards. I learned to shoot in a Wisconsin deer woods where shots outside of 100 yards were a rarity and I have only been hunting out West once.

So you can imagine my angst as I tried to locate a man-sized steel silhouette target 1,800 yards away through my rifle scope. It was day two of my sniper school course and I had just begun to get comfortable with the Desert Tactical .338 Lapua I had been issued. There were still plenty of flaws in my form, but given a solid rest I had a pretty easy time hitting targets out to 600 yards.

But this was different. 1,800 yards is more than a mile away. It was too far to see the target with the naked eye and even with a detailed range card I struggled to find the silver silhouette with my scope. This shot would be different than any other shot I had ever taken in my life.

More: https://www.outdoorlife.com/10-tips-to-help-shoot-like-long-range-sniper/