Author Topic: West Texas longhorn unofficially breaks Guinness world record for largest horn span  (Read 451 times)

Offline thackney

West Texas longhorn unofficially breaks Guinness world record for largest horn span
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/texas/article/West-Texas-longhorn-unofficially-breaks-Guinness-14545300.php
October 18, 2019

A 6-year-old longhorn from Rocksprings, Texas named Bucklehead appears to have broken a world record for largest horn span on a steer.

Bucklehead attended the Horn Showcase in Lawton, Oklahoma on Oct. 4-5, where the record was unofficially broken with over an 11 feet horn span, from one end to the other, according to a report in the San Angelo Standard-Times.

The previous record was 10 feet, 7.4 inches set in May by a 7-year-old longhorn from Alabama named Poncho Via....

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 05:15:54 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Now all we need is another bulldog from Georgia.....
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Very cool.

My grandfather, born in South Dakota in 1881, but spent most of his life in Wyoming, and was nicknamed "Tex" for his cowboy years. He did not marry until after age 40.

He had worked in the Buffalo Bill ody Wild West Show. He also rode horseback inspecting pipelines for Marathon Oil in the Big Horn Basin.

When I last saw him in 1966 we went to the Cody museum. He would die the next year, at age 86; livingly always called "grandpa Tex".
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

That's pretty impressive!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Very cool.

My grandfather, born in South Dakota in 1881, but spent most of his life in Wyoming, and was nicknamed "Tex" for his cowboy years. He did not marry until after age 40.

He had worked in the Buffalo Bill ody Wild West Show. He also rode horseback inspecting pipelines for Marathon Oil in the Big Horn Basin.

When I last saw him in 1966 we went to the Cody museum. He would die the next year, at age 86; livingly always called "grandpa Tex".
Neat.

Is he mentioned in the Cody museum?

My son lives in Laramie and we were talking about a visit there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington