Author Topic: Trump: 'We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!'  (Read 220 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump: 'We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!'
« on: October 20, 2019, 08:33:58 pm »
Trump: 'We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!'
By Aris Folley - 10/20/19 10:05 AM EDT

President Trump tweeted on Sunday that the government has “secured the Oil” and is “bringing soldiers home” days after the U.S. and Turkey entered an agreement to temporarily suspend Ankara’s invasion into northern Syria.

“USA soldiers are not in combat or ceasefire zones. We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!” Trump wrote in a tweet on Sunday morning.
It's unclear what Trump meant by his oil comment and a similar claim last week that resulted in some confusion among the foreign policy community. In his initial tweet, which was later corrected, Trump also referred to Defense Secretary Mark Esper as "Mark Esperanto."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466623-trump-we-have-secured-the-oil-bringing-soldiers-home
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Re: Trump: 'We have secured the Oil. Bringing soldiers home!'
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 09:23:09 pm »
What an odd thing to say given that we’ve learned today that the 1,000 or so troops pulled out of Syria have not been brought home but have been moved to Iraq to battle ISIS and even more US troops have been sent to Saudi Arabia.  And what oil is there to be secured along the Turkey – Syria boarder if that is what his Tweet was trying to imply?

And getting the name of his Defense Secretary wrong? If my boss gets my name wrong, that’s one thing – embarrassing for my boss and likely to piss me off, but the POTUS getting the name of his own Secretary of Defense wrong?  And “Esparanto”? Isn’t that a made up language?

Either Trump is having some sort of mental breakdown or he’s actually wanting to, purposely putting himself in a position be impeached.  Perhaps he’s recalling that Nixon was pardoned and had a pretty nice retirement along with SS protection for life.  Think about it. He could parley his popularity into a whole new brand, a TV show, even his own news network and still do his real estate deals.

Seriously. While I’m sure our recently reactivated bot “Peggy” and others of the somewhat less crazed but pro-Trump - he can do no wrong ever crowd will heartily disagree, I’m actually beginning to think that Trump really doesn’t want to be POTUS anymore.

I think he finds the job with all its details and intricacies and the responsibilities boring and not nearly as “fun” as making real estate deals and being on reality TV.  Hence his bizarre decision to hold the G7 at Doral, which he had to walk back under pressure not only from the dems and the media but from his own party and had to have known would resulted in such.

Even his chief of staff Mulvaney today said that Trump still "considers himself to be in the hospitality business."

And I am all for him going back into that business.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 09:32:56 pm »
What an odd thing to say given that we’ve learned today that the 1,000 or so troops pulled out of Syria have not been brought home but have been moved to Iraq to battle ISIS and even more US troops have been sent to Saudi Arabia.  And what oil is there to be secured along the Turkey – Syria boarder if that is what his Tweet was trying to imply?

And getting the name of his Defense Secretary wrong? If my boss gets my name wrong, that’s one thing – embarrassing for my boss and likely to piss me off, but the POTUS getting the name of his own Secretary of Defense wrong?  And “Esparanto”? Isn’t that a made up language?

Either Trump is having some sort of mental breakdown or he’s actually wanting to, purposely putting himself in a position be impeached.  Perhaps he’s recalling that Nixon was pardoned and had a pretty nice retirement along with SS protection for life.  Think about it. He could parley his popularity into a whole new brand, a TV show, even his own news network and still do his real estate deals.

Seriously. While I’m sure our recently reactivated bot “Peggy” and others of the somewhat less crazed but pro-Trump - he can do no wrong ever crowd will heartily disagree, I’m actually beginning to think that Trump really doesn’t want to be POTUS anymore.

I think he finds the job with all its details and intricacies and the responsibilities boring and not nearly as “fun” as making real estate deals and being on reality TV.  Hence his bizarre decision to hold the G7 at Doral, which he had to walk back under pressure not only from the dems and the media but from his own party and had to have known would resulted in such.

Even his chief of staff Mulvaney today said that Trump still "considers himself to be in the hospitality business."

And I am all for him going back into that business.

It is bizarre.  And he says one thing then tries to pretend he didn't.  Kurds aren't good then the Kurds are good.  Where did the oil comment come from?  Is he up to something else that may become the next controversial foreign policy move? 

I am all for him going back to his business too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:33:30 pm »
.....................Even his chief of staff Mulvaney today said that Trump still "considers himself to be in the hospitality business." And I am all for him going back into that business.
--------------------------------------
" Hospitality business???........."
Doncha mean hostility business???