Author Topic: Mulvaney defends decision to host G-7 at Doral: Trump sees 'himself to be in the hospitality busines  (Read 108 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Mulvaney defends decision to host G-7 at Doral: Trump sees 'himself to be in the hospitality business

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466626-mulvaney-defends-initial-move-to-host-g-7-at-doral-trump-sees-himself

"He was honestly surprised at the level of pushback. At the end of the day, he still considers himself to be in the hospitality business and he saw an opportunity to take the biggest leaders from around the world, and he wanted to put on the absolute best show, best visit that he possibly could, and he was very comfortable doing that at Doral," Mulvaney said on "Fox News Sunday," apparently referencing Trump's work as a real estate mogul.

Fox News host Chris Wallace immediately pushed back, saying bluntly, "You say he considers himself to be in the hospitality business. He's the president of the United States."

"But that’s his background," Mulvaney replied. "It’s like I used to be in the real estate business. I don’t know what you used to do before you were in media.... He wanted to put on a show. He’s in the hotel business."

Either Mulvaney is the most incompetent Chief of Staff ever to hold the job or Mulvaney is secretly working to get Trump impeached. Hell, I’m beginning to think Trump actually wants to get impeached.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The media can hardly imagine such a thing, being used to politicians that spent their lifetimes sucking on the public teat.

We should investigate, if Jimmah Cahtah served his own peanuts, in the Oval Office?

And did Truman use his own suits from his haberdasher days?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln