Author Topic: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez discovers the greatest generation -- and it's hers  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 20, 2019
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez discovers the greatest generation -- and it's hers
By Eric Utter

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) continues to spit out preposterous and deeply untrue comments and opinions. She commits as many gaffes as Joe Biden, but she doesn’t realize or recognize it, even after the fact. Nor will the mainstream media report on her obvious misstatements as AOC is protected by virtue of being a woman womyn womxn of color, a Latinx!

Ocasio-Cortez recently averred that the Greatest Generation was is, well, her own: "I think young people are more informed and dynamic than their predecessors," Ocasio-Cortez said. "I think this new generation is very profound and very strong and very brave, because they're actually willing to go to the streets. How about that? Like, previous generations have just assumed that government's got it. Let me tell you something, you are the government. Like, as a democracy, we the people, as a voter, you are the government too."

Like, let me tell you something, AOC: Like, I already knew that, in a democracy, people are part of the government, too.  You probably haven’t heard of Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address, or perhaps even Lincoln, but it contains a line that reads in part: “That government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.” (Granted, it would read and sound better if AOC had written and delivered it: “That, like, government of, like, the people, by, like, the people, like, for the people, shall not, like, perish from the earth, like). Moreover, young people have been taking to the streets, for better or worse, for centuries now. AOC may have heard of the race riots and Vietnam War protests of the ‘60s, but probably is utterly ignorant of the Boston Tea Party or Lexington and Concord. It is true, however, that many Millennials, at least those who aren’t still living in their mom's and dad’s basements, have taken to the streets. And left their hypodermic needles and fecal matter there. Their less “dynamic” predecessors just risked their lives fighting in wars to win independence and protect our freedoms. Oh, and they built the cities in which Millennials live, protest—and crap.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/10/alexandria_ocasiocortez_discovers_the_greatest_generation__and_its_hers.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

This country is a republic, not a democracy.  But I'm guessing that Alex either didn't learn much in high school or she wasn't paying attention.  Maybe her school didn't teach history or civics.  Or maybe she slept through those classes. 

I know if my Dad heard her say her generation is the bravest because it spends its time marching, protesting, chanting and beating up anyone who disagrees with them, he would punch her in the snoot.  I'd like to see her and her generation make it through the Great Depression, then have to serve in World War II.  She and most of her fellow snowflakes couldn't hack it. 

I can't figure out whether Alex is really this stupid or if she thinks everyone else is.  Seems the latter might be somewhat true since so many of them voted for her.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This comes as a shock to her rich, old-ass parents....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: