Author Topic: Lawmakers Stump for ‘National Period Day’  (Read 403 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Lawmakers Stump for ‘National Period Day’
« on: October 20, 2019, 04:07:29 am »
Lawmakers Stump for ‘National Period Day’
Breitbart, Oct 19, 2019

Several lawmakers — including a handful of 2020 Democrat candidates — are recognizing National Period Day in order to elevate “the issue of period poverty,” lamenting that it is “outrageous” that some “people” do not have access to basic menstrual products due to their gender identity.

Organizers planned events across the country and encouraged activists to spread awareness online by using the hashtags #NationalPeriodDay and #PeriodPower. A few 2020 Democrat candidates took their cues.

“In detention centers and in prisons, in big cities and small towns, women across America don’t have access to the period products they need,” former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D) wrote, urging men to “join women in demanding real change”:

“Too many people don’t have access to basic health needs like menstrual products,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) wrote, musing that some do not have proper access to menstrual products due to “gender identity”.

“Every day, people are forced to choose between going to school or work, or staying home because they can’t afford the menstrual products they need,” presidential hopeful Julián Castro (D) wrote, calling for pads, tampons, and cups to be “tax-free”.

Other lawmakers jumped into the mix as well, expressing support.

More: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/19/lawmakers-stump-for-national-period-day-people-dont-have-access-to-menstrual-products-due-to-gender-identity/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Lawmakers Stump for ‘National Period Day’
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 04:11:23 am »
Lots of tweets at the link. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 04:19:46 am »
 *****rollingeyes*****

This country has plenty of issues to be sure.  But once again the Democrats are creating a "crisis" that doesn't really exist.  Of course, when they manufacture a phony "crisis," they have to come up with a phony "solution" -- one that costs taxpayers billions and solves nothing.  These "solutions" particularly screw the middle class -- the segment of the population the Democrats claim they care about.

After all, this "create  a crisis' create a solution" scheme has worked so well in the past.  Prime example:  Obamacare. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 07:34:51 am »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 08:16:42 am »
I don't get it.  How does gender equality have anything to do with periods? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:22:35 am »
They had one of these in my town yesterday.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 10:29:07 am »
Btw, women’s shelters and food banks do accept sanitary products. I donated several boxes of sanitary products to my local women’s shelter when I went through the change and they were so grateful.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 11:11:50 am »
Btw, women’s shelters and food banks do accept sanitary products. I donated several boxes of sanitary products to my local women’s shelter when I went through the change and they were so grateful.

I know the high school in my district has those products available to the girls who need them.  I expect other schools do too. 

This is like the so-called "food deserts" and people crying that the kiddies are going hungry because there isn't enough money for food and there isn't enough access to good food.  Nonsense.   If the kids are hungry, it's because the parents aren't feeding them.  If some woman can't get feminine products, then she is probably spending her money on other frivolities or is just too stupid or lazy to go where she can get these products for free or low cost.  The so-called poor in this country have it far better than many, truly poor countries in this world; yet, they are crying the blues.

Like I said, it's another phony crisis the politicians want to "solve" by plundering the responsible, hard working taxpayer.  I call it BS.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 11:37:37 am »
What we really need is a national ellipsis day...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 04:44:16 pm »
It's not an aisle I frequent, but I'm pretty sure I could find a wide array of tampons and pads at the Lucky or CVS stores that might be a mile from my home. There's no shortage of such products that I know of.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 04:51:12 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 06:15:18 pm »
"Come Clean" is one of their slogans?

Seriously?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 06:18:12 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

“In detention centers and in prisons, in big cities and small towns, women across America don’t have access to the period products they need,” former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D) wrote, urging men to “join women in demanding real change”:

“Too many people don’t have access to basic health needs like menstrual products,” Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ) wrote, musing that some do not have proper access to menstrual products due to “gender identity”.

“Every day, people are forced to choose between going to school or work, or staying home because they can’t afford the menstrual products they need,” presidential hopeful Julián Castro (D) wrote, calling for pads, tampons, and cups to be “tax-free”.

Sounds like they are demanding men in lockups be given Tampax and Kotex products,doesn't it?

And some people still wonder why I call them "Dims".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »
Crazy is as crazy does.  They can have their uterus's removed. No one wants this kind of crazy to re-produce.  It was a lie about migrant women too.  They want us to run out into the desert & hand deliver these products to ILLEGAL  women who DID NOT PREPARE?  These products are a modern invention.  They did not exist in my grandmothers day.  DO AS THEY,  DID!  SIMPLE.

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 07:12:53 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Sounds like they are demanding men in lockups be given Tampax and Kotex products,doesn't it?

And some people still wonder why I call them "Dims".

888high58888 @sneakypete 

Online berdie

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2019, 08:06:12 pm »
About the time I think things can't get any weirder....