Author Topic: ALCS Game Six: Yankees vs. Astros  (Read 1546 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: ALCS Game Six: Yankees vs. Astros
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2019, 04:00:12 am »
With a leadoff runner on and one out, D.J. LeMahieu sends a two-run homer into the right field seats and we are tied at four all, top of the ninth!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2019, 04:18:31 am »
Jose Altuve hits a two-out, two-run homer, and the Houston Astros are going to- the World Series!!!!!

6-4 your final from Minute Maid Park!!!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2019, 04:21:44 am »
Jose Altuve hits a two-out, two-run homer, and the Houston Astros are going to- the World Series!!!!!

5 ft. 6 in., 168 lbs......Jose Altuve    :beer:

Off Chapman!!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2019, 04:28:10 am »

And that deserves a "Hot diggity Damn!"   

Most fitting way possible to end it IMHO.

Bring on the Nats!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2019, 04:36:59 am »
And that deserves a "Hot diggity Damn!"   

Most fitting way possible to end it IMHO.

Bring on the Nats!

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2019, 04:46:30 am »
5 ft. 6 in., 168 lbs......Jose Altuve    :beer:

Off Chapman!!!
@DCPatriot
I wanted to be on time for the fastball but looking up in the zone.---Jose Altuve after the game.

Was he ever on time---even if it was a slider!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2019, 04:49:10 am »
@DCPatriot
I wanted to be on time for the fastball but looking up in the zone.---Jose Altuve after the game.

Was he ever!

@EasyAce

The three evening hosts on MLB are freaking out over Chapman throwing slider after slider after slider...to the point he had no feeling for his fastball.

The 2-1 pitch that Altuve hit against the concrete was the SAME exact pitch that he saw for Strike One.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2019, 04:59:10 am »
Astros vs. Nats in the World Series -- should be a lot of fun. 

Not sure who to root for.  I'd be happy to see the Astros take it all so Gerrit Cole can thumb his nose at the Pirates who dumped him (not that he would -- seems too classy a guy).  But I have family in the DC area who are Nats fan and I think this is the team's first World Series, so the Nats winning the Series would be cool.

But...congratulations and best of luck to both teams.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 05:39:48 am »

Blood pressure was up about 20 points tonight.   These kind of games do that.

Altuve provided us a clearly iconic Houston playoff moment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2019, 06:28:48 am »
Astros vs. Nats in the World Series -- should be a lot of fun. 

Not sure who to root for.  I'd be happy to see the Astros take it all so Gerrit Cole can thumb his nose at the Pirates who dumped him (not that he would -- seems too classy a guy).  But I have family in the DC area who are Nats fan and I think this is the team's first World Series, so the Nats winning the Series would be cool.

But...congratulations and best of luck to both teams.
@Applewood

There's too much to love about both teams.

But---the Astros' last World Series triumph was a mere two years ago. And they're not about to surrender their ownership of the American League West any time soon.

Washington hasn't had a baseball team win a World Series since Rhapsody in Blue, Mercedes-Benz, and Sarah Vaughan were born; Franz Kafka, Giacomo Puccini, and Woodrow Wilson died; Hitler got five years for the beer hall putsch; J. Edgar Hoover was named to run the FBI; Native Americans were finally given full American citizenship; and, Macy*s held its first Thanksgiving Day parade.

And Washington needs (desperately?) something other than the continuing clanking, stanking, and skanking of the nation's largest organised crime family to think about and celebrate.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2019, 06:38:35 am »
@EasyAce

The three evening hosts on MLB are freaking out over Chapman throwing slider after slider after slider...to the point he had no feeling for his fastball.

The 2-1 pitch that Altuve hit against the concrete was the SAME exact pitch that he saw for Strike One.
@DCPatriot
Chapman threw nineteen pitches in the bottom of the ninth and eleven of them were sliders. Exactly why Gary Sanchez behind the plate called for that many sliders escapes, especially working with a guy who can throw ten lamb chops past the proverbial wolf. Even if this series exposed Sanchez as a bigger liability than benefit to the Yankees behind the plate overall, that's almost inexcusable.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2019, 10:26:14 am »
After the way the Yankees fans treated that poor Astros pitcher, I’m abashed to be a Yankees fan. So congrats to Texas.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2019, 11:23:04 am »
@DCPatriot
Chapman threw nineteen pitches in the bottom of the ninth and eleven of them were sliders. Exactly why Gary Sanchez behind the plate called for that many sliders escapes, especially working with a guy who can throw ten lamb chops past the proverbial wolf. Even if this series exposed Sanchez as a bigger liability than benefit to the Yankees behind the plate overall, that's almost inexcusable.

"Almost" ?

Also, doesn't Sanchez check with Boone on calling pitches, or is he THAT much of a 'veteran'?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:24:50 am by DCPatriot »

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2019, 02:59:24 pm »
"Almost" ?

Also, doesn't Sanchez check with Boone on calling pitches, or is he THAT much of a 'veteran'?
You'd think a catcher with four major league seasons (I'm not counting his two-game cameo in 2015) would be a veteran of sorts, and Aaron Boone did talk a lot this postseason about his faith in Sanchez no matter how he was struggling. If Sanchez called the game on his own, he has a lot to answer for over the ninth. If he didn't, Boone has a lot to answer for.

Which is a terrible way to end a season in which Boone looked brilliant for guiding the Yankees this year no matter how often he had to look around and see yet another Yankee heading for medical attention and a spell on the injured list.