Author Topic: GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement  (Read 165 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP congressman who is considering Trump impeachment announces retirement
by Zachary Halaschak
 | October 19, 2019 02:37 PM

Francis Rooney, the sole House Republican to say he is considering President Trump’s impeachment, announced a day later that he is retiring from Congress.

The Florida congressman was asked on Fox News Saturday if he would be seeking a third term, and he said he was not.

“I don't really think I do, and I don't really think I want one,” Rooney said. “I’ve done what I came to do.”

Rooney, who represents a reliably red district, made news Friday after he said he was “ thinking about” whether Trump committed an impeachable offense by holding up aid to Ukraine. He made the statement after White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said that aid was withheld partially because the Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate a debunked conspiracy theory related to the hack of the Democratic National Committee’s servers.

“He said there’s a quid pro quo,” Rooney, 65, said. “I just don’t think that the power and prestige of our country is supposed to be used for political things.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-congressman-who-is-considering-trump-impeachment-announces-retirement
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:58:09 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well I guess he doesn't have to worry about reelection does he.  Good for him.  Because there is some lying going on there with Rudy and Mick.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.