Author Topic: Trump Shows Off Comedic Skills by Doing Impression of a President Acting ‘Presidential’ at Dallas Ra  (Read 1099 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Shows Off Comedic Skills by Doing Impression of a President Acting ‘Presidential’ at Dallas Rally

President Donald Trump showed off his comedic skills Thursday as he poked fun at the stereotype of being “presidential” during a speech at a Dallas, Texas rally.

Mocking his critics who accuse him of not being “presidential” enough, Trump said there’s only one president who could be more presidential – but, he’d need a prop to do it:

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/trump-shows-comedic-skills-doing-impression-president-acting-presidential

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Watch the clip at the link.  This is one of the bonding moments political science courses will be studying for a decade.

The crowd is with him through every word and gesture .... and he leads them to an eruption of applause and cheering when he ends the segment with the words  "Texas will never give democrats the chance!"

Classic Trump. 

Offline Absalom

Trump's natural home is Hollywood where he spent decades, w/his core competency being acting.
The current population of the USA is 330 million of which some 165 million are of voting age.
So Trump is able to fill a 50,000 seat arena w/his rabid fans??? Wow!
The latter figure aggregates to decimal .0003 which is three ten thousandths percent.
Based on that, his fan club insists he is an absolute shoo-in for a massive landslide victory in 2020!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:11:28 pm by Absalom »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump's natural home is Hollywood where he spent decades, w/his core competency being acting.
The current population of the USA is 330 million of which some 165 million are of voting age.
The latter figure aggregates to decimal .0003 which is three ten thousandths of one percent.
Based on that, his fan club insists he is an absolute shoo-in for a massive landslide victory in 2020!!!

Its the art of propaganda.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The latter figure aggregates to decimal .0003 which is three ten thousandths percent.
I guess the part about Trump's smart strategy to target 270 electoral college votes, escapes you.

I have asked you before; who is your favorite for 2020?@Absalom
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Its the art of propaganda.

Oh,  :bs:

It is the art, the gift some call it, of making a human connection...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Oh,  :bs:

It is the art, the gift some call it, of making a human connection...

"Modes of Persuasio"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modes_of_persuasion

Those disappointed that Nixon lost in 1960 for want of just one shave, have studied persuasion, in all its elements.

Who was very good at it? FDR, JFK, Reagan, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

What you're missing is that the 50,000 folks that show up for these events are akin to looking at the tip of a massive Iceberg in the North Atlantic. The top of that iceberg, when its damn big, is solidly indicative of something vast beneath it. And if you think regularly gathering that kind of large and enthusiastic support at rallies is so easy...why can no one else seem to achieve it?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline aligncare

What you're missing is that the 50,000 folks that show up for these events are akin to looking at the tip of a massive Iceberg in the North Atlantic. The top of that iceberg, when its damn big, is solidly indicative of something vast beneath it. And if you think regularly gathering that kind of large and enthusiastic support at rallies is so easy...why can no one else seem to achieve it?

I guess they don’t have fans that are “rabid.”

Which brings up another thought. How else can a candidate win the presidency if not by generating interest and excitement in their candidacy—also known as, rallying “support?”

I’ve never heard of a candidate that won the president’s office by promising to do an okay job and accomplishing some really average things. Yawn.

Everyone—from the butcher and the baker to the candlestick maker—sells themselves. Think, RESUME.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Perspective.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:21:01 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

I guess the part about Trump's smart strategy to target 270 electoral college votes, escapes you.
I have asked you before; who is your favorite for 2020?@Absalom
-----------------------
And I said before that, in my judgement, Michael Pence would be a suitable replacement.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:30:08 am by Absalom »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's about time we judged the President on his comedic skills rather than his corruption, broken promises, or lack of intellegence.  A+ Mr. President!!! 888high58888

Offline Mesaclone

It's about time we judged the President on his comedic skills rather than his corruption, broken promises, or lack of intellegence.  A+ Mr. President!!! 888high58888

When making fun of someone's intelligence, its generally best not to spell the word incorrectly. Makes you look foolish.

Offline Night Hides Not

When making fun of someone's intelligence, its generally best not to spell the word incorrectly. Makes you look foolish.

Used a tactic right out of the Trump playbook. Let’s just call it @Once-Ler ’s “covfefe moment.”

:rolling: :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Mesaclone

Used a tactic right out of the Trump playbook. Let’s just call it @Once-Ler ’s “covfefe moment.”

More like Joe303310.

Offline Chosen Daughter

It could only be better if he calls Rudy for a night out in his blue dress.

Oh, do stop babbling.

Donald Trump did not spend decades in Hollywood and his core competency was never acting.  Every movie, TV show, commercial he was in was a cameo shot where he played HIMSELF. 

In fact, in The Apprentice he was also HIMSELF for cameo appearances.

Buy a vowel already.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:53:10 am by Right_in_Virginia »

What you're missing is that the 50,000 folks that show up for these events are akin to looking at the tip of a massive Iceberg in the North Atlantic. The top of that iceberg, when its damn big, is solidly indicative of something vast beneath it.

Your post reminded me of this @Mesaclone    happy77

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You can't even imagine how I appreciate being compared to President Trump  :nono:, but your right.  Just like President Trump introducing Tim Apple, I was just trying to save time and get to my next important post.  My left hand was still above the e-key after typing "ll" in the word "intelligence.  Rather than move my right index finger over to the i-key I pressed "e" immediately saving precious nanoseconds.  I figured auto-correct would fix that but this ancient forum program still doesn't do the auto-correct.

Hardly my fault, quite frankly, y'all ought to be thanking for my dedication to a timely comment in a fast moving news environment.  Never the less, I did misspell a word.  It was completely unprofessional, and I apologize not just to you @Night Hides Not but to the entire forum.

I hope my message was still comprehensible. 

You can't even imagine how I appreciate being compared to President Trump  :nono:, but your right.

Okay, now you're just doing it on purpose.    333cleo

Offline Absalom

Oh, do stop babbling.
Donald Trump did not spend decades in Hollywood and his core competency was never acting.  Every movie, TV show, commercial he was in was a cameo shot where he played HIMSELF. 
In fact, in The Apprentice he was also HIMSELF for cameo appearances.
Buy a vowel already.
----------------------------
Trumpet owned/operated the Ms.Universe & Ms.USA Pagents, run from Hollywood for some 20+ years.
After that he ran the Apprentice largely from the same studios, for some 10 years.
As for his core competency, you might be right!
Hey, 1 out of 3 ain't so bad!

----------------------------
Trumpet owned/operated the Ms.Universe & Ms.USA Pagents, run from Hollywood for some 20+ years.

You are aware, hopefully, that this was one of the Trump Organization's businesses .... and he did not spend decades in Hollywood, as your post claimed, to run it.  In fact, he rarely spent time outside of NYC to run his global businesses.  The CEO shows up when the need arises.  So please stop twisting fact into  :bs: to fit your agenda.

Offline aligncare

You are aware, hopefully, that this was one of the Trump Organization's businesses .... and he did not spend decades in Hollywood, as your post claimed, to run it.  In fact, he rarely spent time outside of NYC to run his global businesses.  The CEO shows up when the need arises.  So please stop twisting fact into  :bs: to fit your agenda.

Hey, I know lots of actors who build multi-million dollar skyscrapers globally in their spare time between filming.

:silly:

In politics, people can, and do, claim any bullshit about a politician they don’t like. Just ask any democrat in the 116th congress.

Offline OfTheCross

Your post reminded me of this @Mesaclone    happy77

Don't forget he actually lost the popular vote. To be over confident about his support would be silly
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline aligncare

Don't forget he actually lost the popular vote. To be over confident about his support would be silly

Losing the popular vote is meaningless, unless one is a leftist (ie a democrat) who wants to fundamentally change America into a 3rd world cesspool.

Hillary, who screamed about Trump losing the popular vote, conveniently forgets Bill Clinton got only 47 percent of the popular vote and still served 8 years. Hmm...

Like I said, meaningless.