Author Topic: Fact Checking Medicare for All Claims from the Fourth Democratic Primary Debate  (Read 833 times)

Offline OfTheCross

We have compiled and briefly expanded upon those four fact checks below.

Medicare for All will cost $30 trillion over ten years – True

The annual cost of Medicare for All would be more than the entire federal budget – Largely False

Eliminating the Department of Defense entirely would pay for only four months of Medicare for All – Largely True

Medicare for All has a multi-trillion dollar funding hole – True

crfb

I actually missed this last debate since I was on vacation. Catching up on all the happenings of the last week. I'm glad I was able to find this summation of some of the claims
If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why are we talking about another costly democrat scheme, for healthcare?

The dems blatantly lied about Obamacare.

With thinking people, they deserve no credibility.

Why this crap is on this site, puzzles me.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

This is phase two.  Obastard came through with the sledgehammer boys to gut the house.  Now that the system that existed before is badly damaged, it's time to condemn the house and install the single-payer plans they've had all along.

They've been watching too many of those house-flipping shows on TLC.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

Well, information like this might be useful if you have family or friends who think Medicare for All is a swell idea -- as I do.

It does amaze me though that some people I know who thought they were getting really great, cheap health insurance under Obamacare, but were burned, now support this Medicare for All scheme.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@truth_seeker

We're not. It just seems that way at first glance. What we are really talking about is just another scheme for the Dims to buy votes using YOUR money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, information like this might be useful if you have family or friends who think Medicare for All is a swell idea -- as I do.

It does amaze me though that some people I know who thought they were getting really great, cheap health insurance under Obamacare, but were burned, now support this Medicare for All scheme.

@Applewood

EVERYBODY loves the idea of getting something for nothing.

The reality really sucks,though.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
The #1 fact check should be the name. Medicare is a program that requires payment of the payroll tax to get Part A coverage and payment of the monthly premium to get Part B coverage. That gets you 80% coverage for covered services. If you want coverage for the other 20%, or for 100% on prescription drugs or vision or dental or any other service Medicare doesn't cover, you buy a separate private insurance plan. Otherwise you pay for all those things out of pocket.

The dems want you to think their proposal is medicare for all but it's really medicAID for all, and repubs need to start calling it that when we talk about it.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

EVERYBODY loves the idea of getting something for nothing.

The reality really sucks,though.

@sneakypete
But they already thought they were getting something for nothing with Obammycare and they didn't.  Yet they trust the gubmint to give them something better this time.  How many times do they have to be screwed before they realize government programs never work the way they are promised to?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
But they already thought they were getting something for nothing with Obammycare and they didn't.  Yet they trust the gubmint to give them something better this time.  How many times do they have to be screwed before they realize government programs never work the way they are promised to?

@Applewood

You would have to consult an expert for the answer to that. Might I suggest one by the name of Wiley Coyote?

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

You would have to consult an expert for the answer to that. Might I suggest one by the name of Wiley Coyote?

@sneakypete

LOL.  Or  Charlie Brown of the Peanuts comic strip.