Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 18th  (Read 501 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Oct. 18th
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:12:19 pm »
Transcripts can be seen here https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

It’s Us Versus the Media Narrative

Oct 18, 2019

RUSH: And here we are again, ladies and gentlemen, all lined up and ready to go. It’s us versus the Washington-New York Corridor conventional wisdom. It is us versus the Drive-By Media’s mainstream media narrative of the day. And it seems like that he always what it is. They have a view of the country and the world that is 180 degrees out of phase. We will continue to illustrate that on Friday. Let’s hit it!

JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny South Florida, it’s Open Line Friday!

RUSH: The end of yet another busy, historic broadcast week here from the epicenter of broadcasting, the EIB Network, the distinguished and prestigious Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Thinking, Advanced Studies. Happy to have you here. Open Line Friday means that you can ask anything, you can bring up anything. You don’t have to talk about all the stuff that’s up front in the news. It’s just an opportunity. The program doesn’t sound any different. It’s just a little internal difference in the way we screen phone calls. So, again, 800-282-2882 is the number. The email address is ElRushbo@eibnet.us.

Okay, so let’s do a little side-by-side comparison. Last night, President Trump had a raucous, upbeat, totally positive, encouraging “America is great and let’s keep it that way” rally in Dallas. There were 20,000-plus inside. There were that many outside. It was a view of the country that many of us wish was the norm each and every day. And then on the exact other side is the picture painted by the mainstream media, which is that Trump is a buffoon.

“The Syrian ceasefire has not held! Trump got snookered by Erdogan. Trump is out of his league. Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing! The Democrats are marching onward to impeachment.” Trump should quit if he knows what’s good for him, says a Wall Street Journal piece today. “In addition to that, Mick Mulvaney is absolutely sabotaging the president,” they say. “Mulvaney knew what he was doing in the press conference yesterday.

“He went out there and said, ‘Yes, there was a quid pro quo. Trump definitely withheld aid unless the president of Ukraine dug up dirt on Biden.'” That’s not what happened, by the way. It’s not anywhere near what happened. It’s that nobody can keep up with Mulvaney. Mulvaney’s a classic illustration of the problem I would have if I were having a press conference with the media. He assumes too much. He assumes they have a base level of understanding and then proceeds from that point.

Rather than acknowledge not only do they not know, they don’t want to know the truth of the White House or Trump perspective. The media had only one purpose in that press conference yesterday, and they were gonna announce that it happened regardless what Mulvaney said. They were gonna say Mulvaney sold the president out. So now Mulvaney’s out having to backtrack, and now everybody’s parsing what Mulvaney said, which we’re gonna do today, too, because you need to know because he didn’t do that.

He was three or four steps ahead of them. Now, you could say, “Well, that’s ultimately his fault. He’s got to assess the audience and deal with them on their level.” That’s awfully hard to do. You’re chief of staff of the White House. You know things that are going on. You know things that you’re doing. You know what the future plans are. You’re trying to deal with these people in any number of ways, but they are only interested in politics of the destroying Donald Trump, and Mulvaney did not acknowledge that that was their purpose.

Mulvaney actually tried to feed them the truth. They’re not interested in it. There is no truth. The latest Project Veritas reveal from CNN, found CNN’s got people all over these secret videos saying they’re not stopping until Trump’s dead. They’re not gonna stop ripping him, they’re not gonna stop criticizing him, they’re not gonna stop destroying him until he dies. Some of them even… Yeah, I mean, if you read the transcript of what some of them are saying in these secret videos you almost get the impression they want to be the reason Trump dies.

So here. Let’s go to the rally. Let’s go back to the rally and the picture of America that that paints. There isn’t a Democrat in the country who could do that last night. Forget for a moment the substance of what was said in the rally. I’m just talking about generating that kind of excitement, generating that size of crowd inside and outside. There’s nobody that would line up two days in advance to attend anything sponsored by any of the Democrats running for president.

Right now, the chief Democrats trying to destroy Trump — if you had to put a face to it — would be Schiff and Pelosi. And I will tell you that if Schiff and Pelosi announced an impeach-Trump rally, there wouldn’t be people showing up two days in advance trying to get into it. You might have some hard-core leftists who would show up at anything that had impeachment in it and getting rid of Trump. But it wouldn’t be because of Schiff or Pelosi. Schiff and Pelosi, the two leading Democrats right now, could not draw flies if they had a bag of manure standing next to them.

And yet Trump can and does routinely. And then when people are there, they don’t want to leave. They don’t want the thing to end. So Trump goes on for two hours and never loses a soul. And everybody inside and outside that thing watching it is having just greatest time. And many of them say that it goes way beyond their expectations. And it’s kind of weird because it’s just a guy at a podium and a microphone. It’s not like you’ve got Mick Jagger in there strumming and running around singing with the guitars and drums being played.

I mean, it’s just one guy, and yet this kind of charismatic excitement… I’m telling you that there isn’t anybody anywhere in the Democrat Party who could muster anything like that, and yet we are told to believe that the country hates Donald Trump. We’re told to believe the country wants Trump gone. We’re told to believe the country’s embarrassed as hell and regret really regretful of the decision they made back in 2016 — and this is a giant disconnect.

Brad Parscale, who is campaign manager for Trump, just this morning sent out a tweet. Let’s see. I got this about 11:30, I’m guessing, 45 minutes ago. The Trump campaign is data driven like nothing has been data driven. It’s data driven more than anything Obama and Google did together. Parscale has this wired, and they collected an incredible amount of data from the people who attended the rally last night. I don’t know how they do it. But here’s what Parscale tweeted: “53,985 voters were identified from last night’s rally.”

Now, wait a minute. The capacity of that arena is barely over 20,000. What is this 53,985, almost 54,000 people? Well, there were a lot of people outside, and there was a lot of activity around the arena for the day of and the day before. The point is they made contact with 54,000 voters. Twelve percent of the 54,000 who attended the rally have not voted in the last four elections, 16 years. They plan on voting in 2020. Get this: 21% of the 54,000 voters identified at the rally and outside were Democrats.

Twenty-one percent were Democrats? How can that possibly be? We’re told the Democrats hate Trump and are embarrassed of Trump and are chomping at the bit to get rid of Trump. Eleven percent of the 54,000 identified voters at the rally were Latino. So 21.4% Democrat, 11% Latino (probably some overlap there), and 12% have not voted in the past four elections. As Parscale tweeted, “These are winning numbers that will help win #FourMoreYears for @realDonaldTrump!” and then he added: “We continue to outperform 2016.”

Look, if this is right, if they’ve identified 54,000 voters, what he means by this, they’ve identified 54,000 Trump voters last night, not just people gonna vote, 54,000 Trump voters, 21% are Democrats? Folks, if this is right — if this is even close — the Democrats can’t win anything with that amount of defection, if that’s really percolating. Now, this is Texas. I’ll tell you something about Texas. The Democrats will tell anybody who will listen that they’re wean win Texas.

They’re not gonna win Texas, but they’ve got the Drive-Bys out there putting it out there as a possibility. They’re doing it on the basis of a lot of people having left — a lot of liberals leaving California, a lot of liberals leaving the Northeast. And then of course the illegal aliens crossing the border. They will find a way to get them to vote. The counties all along the Texas-Mexico border are turning blue. So the Democrats in the media are out there saying, “Hey, Texas is in play.” Well, it’s not in play.

But if this is anywhere close to accurate, 21% of the people that showed up last night — or 21% of the voters identified are Demorats, 11% Latino, this is numbers — and I guarantee you the Democrats aren’t gonna know. The Democrats aren’t gonna study this. I mean, they may read Parscale’s tweet. Some of them may be alarmed by it. Most of them in their hubris and arrogance will simply ignore it, thinking it’s a bunch of partisan BS, just Parscale trying to keep the troops up and positive, that none of it’s true.

They’ll continue in their denial here. Trump had tweeted also at 11:45 this morning, because the news of the day is the ceasefire in Syria’s falling apart, that Erdogan played Trump for the sucker and the fool that he is. Mitt Romney knew what was gonna happen. Mitt Romney, as soon as this program ended yesterday, went to the floor of the Senate and gave a speech on basically how unfortunate it is that Trump is president, what a buffoon.

Romney’s trying to set himself up. I guarantee you this. He’s trying to set himself up as the unifier. Romney is gonna present himself as the guy that can bring the country together. Mark my words. Romney is representative of the group that thinks (sobbing), “This partisanship is just horrible! The partisan divide is — is… (sobs) It’s intolerable, it’s unsustainable, it’s bad! We gotta something about it.” Well, what are we gonna do about the partisan divide? How is Romney gonna solve the partisan divide?

How do mainstream Republicans solve the partisan divide? They throw in with the Democrats. They don’t try to defeat them, and they don’t try to persuade them to join us. They cave and throw in with them — and they acknowledge that the problem is Republicans. That’s how it’s always been done, and that’s what being a moderate Republican’s all about. So the objective will be, “We’ve gotta put the country back together. We can’t handle this division.

“We can’t handle the country being at war with each other no matter what policies are in place, no matter what issues are forefront. We’ve got to come together.” Well, the Romney-type Republicans attempt to pull that off by caving. He was out there on this Senate speech berating Trump. “This ceasefire is not gonna hold. It is not a real ceasefire. This is a bunch of chaos that we don’t need to be going through. We wouldn’t be going through this if Trump weren’t president. If we had somebody who knew what they were doing, we’d have never pulled the 50 troops out of Syria.

“We would have never had this happen, and this is example of the chaos that our country has to face every day because we’ve got a nincompoop incompetent in the White House.” That’s the Democrat line, and that’s what people like Romney are gonna sign on to. Here’s Trump’s tweet. “Just spoke to President @RTErdogan of Turkey. He told me there was minor sniper and mortar fire that was quickly eliminated. He very much wants the ceasefire, or pause, to work. Likewise, the Kurds want it, and the ultimate solution, to happen.

“Too bad there wasn’t this thinking years ago. Instead, it was always held together with very weak bandaids, & in an artificial manner. There is good will on both sides & a really good chance for success. The U.S. has secured the Oil, & the ISIS Fighters are double secured by Kurds & Turkey. I have just been notified that some European Nations are now willing, for the first time, to take the ISIS Fighters that came from their nations. This is good news, but should have been done after WE captured them. Anyway, big progress being made!!!!”

This tweet is to counter the media narrative that there is no ceasefire, that Pence and Pompeo don’t know what they’re doing. “They’re out there doing whatever Trump wants. Trump’s doesn’t know what he’s doing! There is no ceasefire because nobody respects Trump. Nobody respects the U.S. Trump’s a sucker, Trump’s a buffoon, Trump’s a clown. The rest of the world can play him for a fool and a sucker, and they are.” That’s the media narrative.

Can I play a sound bite for you from the rally last night? I’m gonna play for you what I thought was the loudest ovation of the night. Now, I’m admittedly not the best person to decide this. My hearing, as you know, is not natural. I hear via bionics, cochlear implants. But, believe me, I hear noise better than I hear speech. I hear noise better than I hear anything. Most of what I hear sounds like noise to me. You couldn’t stand to be around me, because wherever I am, I demand no sound, because everything just sounds like noise.

So, therefore, when I hear a lot of noise, I’m aware of it — and I want to play for you what I thought was the biggest applause or the loudest noise ovation of the night last night. Audio sound bite number 1. This is it…

THE PRESIDENT: In everything we do, we’re fighting for the faithful citizens of this country. This includes putting a stop to the catastrophic era of endless wars. Endless wars.

CROWD: (cheering)

THE PRESIDENT: They don’t stop. They don’t stop. They go on forever. We become policemen. We end up becoming police. We’re policing these countries. That’s not what it’s about. American combat troops should not be at the center of ancient sectarian conflicts all over the world.

CROWD: (cheering grows)

THE PRESIDENT: Bring our soldiers back home.

CROWD: (wild cheering and applause)

THE PRESIDENT: Bring our soldiers back home.

RUSH: See, here it is.

CROWD: (chanting) U! S! A!

RUSH: What do you think? I don’t think anything was as sustained or louder than that last night: “Bring our soldiers back home.” Of course, you know, this used to be the Democrat mantra. But now the Democrats are in favor of war and ending our soldiers everywhere. Ha! Imagine that.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 18th
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 06:36:02 pm »

Pelosi’s Nixon Gambit

Oct 18, 2019

RUSH: I’m getting some emails. “Rush, you don’t seem to be taking impeachment seriously enough. I think you’re wrong. I think the House is gonna impeach Trump. It’s gonna they’re gonna do it. I think there’s gonna be a trial. I’m really worried. Why aren’t you?” I’m getting a lot of emails that have that as a basic theme. I’ll go through it again, but let me give you a very simple reason why I think they aren’t going to actually have an official vote and transfer all this to a trial in the Senate.

That’s why they’re not gonna do it. They’re not gonna turn this over to the Senate — and not even because the Senate would acquit. They’re not gonna give the politics of this away. They want to be able to talk about impeachment, and Pelosi and Schiff and the Democrats want to be seen as the people running it, in charge of it — the politics of it.

The minute they have a vote and hand this over to the Senate, the Senate is in control of impeachment, not the House. The Senate is run by Republicans. They’re not gonna do that. It’s real simple. They are not going to let go of their control of all the narratives attached to impeachment, and that would happen if they go to the Senate with it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, I’m gonna expand on this as I did yesterday. Basically I’m just gonna remind you what I said yesterday. But do you foresee Pelosi and Schiff giving up control of the impeachment process, turning it over to the Republicans, to the Senate? Forget that the Senate is Republicans. Forget that. Do you see them giving up day-to-day control over the narrative of impeachment? I don’t, and that’s the main reason I think that they’re not gonna go through with this because I don’t…

Look, they’re not idiots. I don’t care what, you know, the ebb of flow of things happen. If there actually ever was a trial in the Senate, they are not going to get 20 Republicans to vote to convict. They might get Romney and two or three others, but they’re not gonna get 20. That means Trump’s acquitted. That’s the worst thing that could happen. That’s not their gambit. Their gambit is the Richard Nixon gambit. They forced Nixon out without ever having to impeach him. They did it in the media.

They were able to scare a bunch of Republicans in the Senate and shame a bunch of Republicans in the Senate into renouncing support for Nixon and then sending an emissary — it was Howard Baker — up to the White House to tell Nixon, “You’d better quit because you’ve lost all support here on Capitol Hill. If they vote to impeach you, you’re done. If you want to be the first president removed from office by impeachment, then hang tough.”

Nixon resigned. That’s what they want to put out. They want this to go on all next year. They want to be able to have this thing go on and on and have it be a daily thing. And the minute they have a vote and the minute they go to trial, they turn control of it over to Mitch McConnell, who they hate — and I just don’t see them doing that because, folks, this is purely politics. This is raw politics. This isn’t about crimes.

It’s not about criminal behavior, high criminal behavior, misdemeanor criminal behavior. It isn’t about any of that. It’s about trying to overcome and reverse the 2016 election. That’s all this has ever been; it’s what it remains today. It’s not because they think Trump is an embarrassment that’s endangering the country and he’s just destroying it. It’s not about that at all. It’s about the fact that they couldn’t beat him. It’s about the fact that he won. It’s about the fact that they haven’t been able to get rid of him yet.

It’s all it is, and they need the media to be their echo chamber or vice-versa. The minute the focus of impeachment goes to the Senate, Pelosi and Schiff are just sideline cheerleaders. They are not going to give that up. Now, there are exceptions to everything. And if they found that Trump did in fact shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue last night and it was covered up — if they found something like that, outrageous — then, of course, bam! They would go full speed. But they don’t have anything impeachable.

See, that’s another thing that, when you get right down to it, they don’t have anything impeachable. All they have is what they used during Nixon. And that is a daily opportunity to try to turn Republican support in the Senate away from Trump with public shaming; never-ending, relentless media narratives that cause Republicans to cave. That’s the model that they are following.

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 06:36:42 pm »

Mitt Romney Personifies the Washington Establishment

Oct 18, 2019

RUSH: Grand Rapids, Michigan. Patty. Great to have you. Hi.

CALLER: I’m so excited to be a first-time caller and a (garbled) longtime listener.

RUSH: Thank you.

CALLER: I have waited such a long time to say that. This is a defining moment for me. I’m so happy and thrilled to be talking to you.

RUSH: Well, thank you very much. I appreciate that.

CALLER: (crosstalk) Yes. I’ll get to my point, which you were talking earlier about Romney. And I am so disgusted with Romney. I am (unintelligible) again and when Romney ran for president, I was so proud to vote for him. I thought he was the leader we needed. I talked to everybody about him being the right man for the job. And he has done nothing but disappoint me ever since then.

I am so disgusted. I wish the people of Utah would recall him. He has done nothing but fight us, fight Trump all the way. And those are his supporters too. The people that voted for Romney are the same people that voted for Trump. He needs to get a clue. I am so tired of hearing about him — every step of the way — just block everything the president is doing. You can tell how disgusted I am. I just can’t stand it. He makes me so mad.

RUSH: Yeah, I hear how disgusted you are. A lot of people are. Mitt Romney represents the Never-Trump mentality that’s in the Republican Party. He’s a strain of it. He may not be as virulent as some of the pseudo, so-called intellectual magazine types who comprise the Never Trumpers — column writers and so forth. But he… It’s exactly as I stated. Look, here’s Mitt Romney. He’s running for president in, what, 2012.

And in the early stages of it, there’s a rap going around that he’s not really a conservative, that he’s a RINO, that he’s a moderate Republican and he has to pretend to be a conservative ’cause he really isn’t one, and he (kind of like most people in Washington) looks down his nose at conservatives. So in an attempt to persuade people that they were wrong, that he was in fact a conservative, you remember how he described himself?

He said, “I am a severe conservative,” and all of us conservatives looked around and said, “What the hell is ‘a severe conservative’? We’ve never heard that.” Romney exemplifies the Washington establishment. He is career politics. His family, his father. He’s career. There is a certain way that those people behave. There’s a certain station that they think they’ve achieved, and they maintain it by knowing their place — and the Republicans’ place is always second tier.

You must acknowledge you’re second tier. You must acknowledge the superiority or the primacy of the Washington establishment. You must always make it clear that you appreciate being in that establishment. You gotta know your place in it. And the one thing Republicans in the establishment do not do is anything like what Trump does or is. You don’t fight back. You don’t really try to win on a permanent basis.

Yeah, you can test for the presidency every four years, and you may win now and then. But then you acknowledge you’re gonna be destroyed the next four years. You acknowledge that you’re gonna be hit. That’s the price that you will pay for winning, and you have to smile and grin and bear it. It has grown to just so frustrate Republican voters and conservative voters who have thought all along that the Republicans are actually in this to win and to dominate and to push the other side aside, that we are there to exercise our will over the forces of opposition.

We are there to win.

That’s not the way Republican establishment people look at their role in the establishment. Look, you know this as well as I do. Trump comes along and he just totally upsets the established norms, and it’s on that basis he’s gotta go. And then they claim that he’s incompetent and a boob and doesn’t know what he’s doing, is filled with chaos, endangering the United States, losing our respect around the world. “We can’t have this!

“We’ve established this world order that the United States set up after World War II. Trump’s coming along threatening to blow it up. We can’t let this happen. We can’t allow this to happen.” So it’s easily understandable if you know who the players are and if you have come to drips with the way Republicans in this establishment acknowledge their place in it. Grab sound bite number three. Here is Romney, by the way. After this program ended (I don’t know if that’s a coincidence, could well be but don’t know) he goes to the floor of the Senate and makes some remarks about the ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds in Syria.

ROMNEY: The announcement today is being portrayed as a victory. It is far from a victory. The decision to abandon the Kurds violates one of our most sacred duties. It strikes at American honor. What should have been done to the Kurds will stand as a bloodstain in the annals of American history. Are we so week awake and so inept diplomatically that Turkey forced the hand of United States of America? Turkey?

RUSH: Right. Now, one thing that happened yesterday, I was sitting at home and I’d begun, ah, essentially working on today’s program, which is nothing more than reading and soaking up information. I was listening this, and I was doing a slow burn. Okay. So the ceasefire is announced. Pence and Pompeo announce the ceasefire, and I’m thinking all these Republicans before the ceasefire was announced all these Republicans in the Senate and in the House…

I don’t know how many there were, but there were a number of them who just immediately, immediately followed the media narrative and the Democrat narrative. They started condemning Trump for making a bonehead move pulling troops out of Syria. They didn’t wait. They didn’t wait for any truth. They know full well! This is what so frustrates me. They know full well the media is a constant obstacle and enemy.

They know that they should not trust anything the media says, certainly not the first thing they say about anything because it’s nothing more than a Democrat Party echo chamber — or, in fact, they may lead what the Democrats say. And yet here they were caving! And then the ceasefire was announced. Pence and Pompeo announce a ceasefire, and I’m sahing, “I wonder how many of these Republicans have got egg on their face now?” and I guarantee you it was every damn one of ’em who jumped the gun.

They had to get out in front of it, had to follow the media narrative because they basically didn’t have the guts to stick with it for even six hours or a day. So because Pompeo and Pence announced the ceasefire, “Well, we can’t have that! That can’t be the last word on this.” So now there has to be word, “It’s not a ceasefire! The Turks are continuing to attack the Kurds. Trump got fooled again.” I don’t understand… I do understand it. So many Republicans just cave, rather than just wait.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 06:37:44 pm »

Trump Rally-Goer Describes Excitement of Seeing the President’s Motorcade

Oct 18, 2019

RUSH: Let’s go to the phones. We’re gonna start early today. We try to do this every Friday on Open Line Friday, to get to more people sooner. We go to Tyler, Texas. We’re gonna start here with Misty. Misty, great to have you on the EIB Network.

CALLER: Hi. How are you? Thanks for having me.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: I was gonna tell you, I was at the rally last night, and it was absolutely incredible. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it inside, which is totally okay, but the crowds were massive outside. It was an experience for sure. Like I was telling the guy that answered the phone, seeing the motorcade was like the highlight of the entire thing for me. You know, they blocked off the roads and then everybody was wondering what was going on. And the next thing you know the motorcycles were going by and Trump goes by. And everybody’s just so thrilled and excited. And, you know, most of these people didn’t even get to get inside but that moment right there probably (crosstalk).

RUSH: Did you hang around outside and watch it on the big screens?

CALLER: We did for a little bit, but it was really hard to hear. (chuckles) So we just left and we found a restaurant that was playing it so we got to listen to it.

RUSH: Oh, okay. So you found a place to watch it, is the point is. You didn’t cave and go home and watch Jeopardy!

CALLER: (giggling) No. No we didn’t do that. No, we did… We hung around. I mean, it’s an hour-and-a-half drive for us, but it was totally worth it.

RUSH: Why? Where did you come from?

CALLER: Tyler, Texas, which is about… It’s East Texas.

RUSH: Okay.

CALLER: But there were people… You know, you talk to all these different people. There were people who drove from Lubbock, which is a good four hours away, and they were like, “We are true patriots; we wanted to be here.”

RUSH: No, I understand. I have been to a Trump rally. I know exactly what you’re talking about. I want to take something… Misty, thank you for the call. I want to take something that she said here. Some of you might be smirking about it; I don’t know. She said they’re outside, tried to get in, couldn’t get in. Then in the general excitement, there was some mayhem, and all of a sudden there were sirens. And then the blockades got moved, and then here came the motorcycles, and then all of a sudden, there was the limousine, the presidential limousine.

There was Trump in the limousine, here comes the motorcade, the caravan. There it goes! She describes how exciting just seeing that was. And you know ,that’s how it used to be. Whenever the president went anywhere, that was the reaction people had. I’m just making a nostalgic point here. It has no relevance to today. I’m just saying, the president, when he showed up anywhere, the motorcade, didn’t matter. Whatever you saw, it was that special, it was that unique. Most people didn’t see the president on TV 24/7.

I remember the first time I got to do something like this was the Barry Goldwater campaign 1964. He was on a whistle-stop train tour, and my mom and dad told my brother and me, “We’re taking you out of school tomorrow. We’re gonna go over there and we’re gonna watch Goldwater’s train go by.” It was over in Illinois, and that was great. I hated school. Anything to get out of school. And we got over there, and we got close enough to see the train go by, and Goldwater back there at the end of the last car waving to everybody as the train went by — and there were mobs of people.

Goldwater ended up losing, of course, with a landslide — and he wasn’t even president, he was just a candidate — but it was a special thing. And when the president goes through or went through, when the motorcade was passing, it really was… People had this reverence for the office that whenever the occupant went by, it was, “Stop what you’re doing and notice,” and it was in the era where seeing anybody was special and unique.

They weren’t on TV all the time. There wasn’t 24/7 TV, of course. So there was a lot of mystique surrounding public figures, presidents, “most powerful man in the world.” All kinds of mystique. The only time you ever did see the president was on the evening news, unless you lived someplace where he happened to show up to make a speech, but it was always a big deal.

It was always an exciting thing. I think her reaction here is kind of interesting in that you wouldn’t expect that. If you watched the news every day, you would expect people showing up flipping off the caravan. You would expect people showing up throwing cans of rotten tomatoes. That’s what the media leads everybody to believe people think of Trump. The disconnect is huge. I appreciate the call. Misty.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 07:26:30 pm »

The Trump Campaign Threatens to Sue CNN

Oct 18, 2019

RUSH: Man, oh, man, folks. James O’Keefe, Project Veritas, we have been keeping you up to speed on their daily release of insider videos. They’ve got a CNN whistleblower who wore a wire, in effect — audio and video wire — and has been collecting data in meetings, CNN executives, the CEO Jeff Zucker. It has been bombshell stuff. You know, when O’Keefe first released this stuff on Monday, I had people say, “Well, Rush, I don’t think this is any big deal. I mean, it’s nothing we don’t already know. CNN’s filthy, CNN’s biased. So what? This is going to be met with a lead balloon.”

I said, “No, this is proof and fact versus just what we all so-called know.” We now have Zucker on tape, audio and video, in the IFB talking to anchors interviewing Kellyanne Conway, telling them to “go F-ing destroy her.” We have CNN employees acknowledging that it’s a tough place to work because there’s no news anymore; it’s just “get Trump.” We’ve the bottom CNN employees acknowledging they’re not gonna stop going after Trump until he is dead.

So, the Trump campaign is threatening to sue CNN. This is the big news of the moment. The Trump campaign is threatening to sue CNN, demanding “a substantial damages,” because of the “now documented bias and the false representations” in what they do. “Your actions are in violation of the Lanham Act,” reads this suit, “among other applicable laws, by constituting misrepresentations to the public, to your advertisers, and others.

“Your own employees appear to state that CNN is focused on trying to ‘take down President Trump,’ driven by a ‘personal vendetta’ that Mr. Zucker purportedly has against him, rather than reporting the news in an objective manner.” (impression) “Rush, the president can’t sue anybody. This is the media, First Amendment, freedom of speech.” Well, this goes beyond that now, because CNN has indicated that they’re not doing the news here. This is a search-and-destroy mission, and there’s evidence produced by CNN employees now.

So we’ll play this out. But the point is that for all of you, “When are we gonna get our own network? When are we gonna sue the media?” Here you go. Somebody suing the media. Stand up and applaud. Trump’s not sitting back and taking it. He’s suing the media, threatening to sue CNN. It’s just more of the fight and pushback that you love from Trump.
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 08:41:47 pm »
BKMK
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald