Author Topic: Turkey Agrees to a Cease Fire and Mitt Romney Is Really Mad  (Read 176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Turkey Agrees to a Cease Fire and Mitt Romney Is Really Mad
« on: October 18, 2019, 02:15:29 pm »
Turkey Agrees to a Cease Fire and Mitt Romney Is Really Mad

Posted at 9:45 am on October 18, 2019 by Bonchie

I don’t get it. I’m looking at my Twitter timeline and seeing this speech by Mitt Romney being passed around as “brilliant” and “nine minutes worth listening to.” Then I watch it and it’s full of false characterizations, ridiculous assertions, and a complete lack of respect for what it costs to wage war. Maybe I just have higher standards for what qualifies as brilliant?

But first, let’s talk about the background. Yesterday, Turkey and the United States agreed to a five day cease fire in Northern Syria. This allows the Kurds to pull back from the border and setup the safe zone that was already negotiated last year. Some argue this is unfair. It’s not.

The PKK/YPG are a terrorist group. We allied with them to fight ISIS out of necessity, not because they are innocent bystanders in the geopolitics of the region nor are these are not our traditional “Kurdish” allies in Iraq. The group has carried out terrorists attacks that have killed thousands of innocent people over the decades. These are simply facts that can’t be ignored, though Mitt Romney is going to do his darnedest in a minute to do so. Ever wonder why they changed their name to the SDF? It was because their history was so checkered that the Obama administration demanded they rebrand.

more
https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/18/turkey-agrees-cease-fire-mitt-romney-really-mad/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34