Author Topic: George W. Bush Suddenly Learns to Talk Again, Goes After Trump on Syria  (Read 454 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
George W. Bush Suddenly Learns to Talk Again,
 Goes After Trump on Syria

Posted at 10:00 am on October 17, 2019 by Bonchie

George W. Bush’s presidency is an interesting period to reflect back on. By a certain sect of Republicans, Bush is held up as a good man that did the best he could in a difficult time. There’s some truth to that characterization in so far as the challenges after 9/11 were real.
As time has passed though, Republicans at large have taken a more critical eye at his myriad of missteps, not just on foreign policy (the ramifications of which we are still suffering today), but also in his inability to accomplish much of anything for the conservative cause in his eight ears. When one thinks of his “signature” achievements, the mind is more likely to go to his expansion of Medicare than any conservative victory. Is John Roberts as the new swing vote on the Supreme Court really a decisive win at this point?
But perhaps the thing that bothered some Republicans the most was all the wasted political capital. For eight long years, Republicans rallied around Bush and his failures, supporting him even when he wouldn’t speak out to support himself. He was given the benefit of the doubt when he probably didn’t deserve it. In the end, he left the party in shambles, ushering in the era of Barack Obama

Despite all the defenses expended on his behalf, Bush couldn’t be bothered to return the favor. He spent most of his post-presidency palling around with Bill Clinton and painting pictures. He refused to speak out as the Middle East and North Africa burned the ground. This left many Republicans disillusioned. Where was the reciprocity for all those years of support?

snip

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/17/george-w.-bush-suddenly-learns-talk-goes-trump-syria
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
article cont.

Apparently, Bush has found his tongue again though, because he’s speaking out against Trump’s pull out of Syria in a comment that can only be described as facepalm-worthy.

After nearly a decade of refusing to say a cross word about Obama’s policies, the moment Trump steps out of line and becomes too “isolationist,” he’s ready to talk again. It’s this kind of thing that produces so much of the angst from mainline Republicans toward the establishment figures in their party.
We’ve seen this same thing with Mitt Romney. When Republicans needed voices to speak against Obama, Romney was nowhere to be found. When it’s Trump and it may benefit him personally, he’s ready to talk again though. It’s opportunism at its worst and it makes Republicans feel like their own leaders don’t have their back. In short, it’s how you got Trump.
The easiest thing in the world to do right now is criticize Donald Trump. There’s no bravery in that. It’d have been much more impressive had they been willing to withstand the onslaught that would come by criticizing Obama when Republicans needed their voices.
Further, the topic in question is something Bush should sit out for the rest of his life. His track record on the Middle East simply does not lend him the credibly to speak on the issue any longer. It’d be like Donald Trump criticizing someone for having an affair. It just doesn’t make sense.
I’ll end emphasizing that when the Obama administration propagated a civil war that led to 500,000 dead people, Bush didn’t speak up. When Ben Rhodes helped orchestrate the disastrous Arab Spring, Bush had nothing to say. When ISIS formed in the rubble of it all, Bush had more pictures to paint. But now, all of a sudden, he finds his voice to go after a fellow Republican president? Come on.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/10/17/george-w.-bush-suddenly-learns-talk-goes-trump-syria
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

Many conspiracy theories have evolved surrounding 9/11 and to watch 'documentaries' surrounding those theories might make one suspect of the Bush family. Enough said.

I believe 'W''s biggest mistake was appointing Roberts to SCOTUS.

As for McCain, the RNC and GOP backed him and they wanted him in.  I don't fault that on Bush, I fault the demise and corruption  of the party and all the RINO's within the party.

As for Bush criticizing Trump; I believe he is justified.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:48:43 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Where's that Yellow Cake, Georgie?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Where's that Yellow Cake, Georgie?

As I pointed out the alst time you made that childish jibe...it went to Syria...just like all the WMD's did.  The Israelis did us a favor when they destroyed that chemical weapons plant in Syria a few eyars back.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
G.W. Bush should stay lost.  I am reading his book Decision..., and I nearly regurgitate my lunch with every other page.  GW is a rat-f#%& if there ever was.

I hope the Bush name stays gone.  I have zero respect for the whole bloody lot of them.

This rat did not say a word while Obama was POTUS.  He needs to find some trees to chop up, and stay gone.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Some yellow cake stayed at that because it was flown off to Diego Garcia,

Secret U.S. mission hauls uranium from Iraq

The last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program — a huge stockpile of concentrated natural uranium — reached a Canadian port Saturday to complete a secret U.S. operation that included a two-week airlift from Baghdad and a ship voyage crossing two oceans.

The removal of 550 metric tons of "yellowcake" — the seed material for higher-grade nuclear enrichment — was a significant step toward closing the books on Saddam's nuclear legacy. It also brought relief to U.S. and Iraqi authorities who had worried the cache would reach insurgents or smugglers crossing to Iran to aid its nuclear ambitions.

The deal culminated more than a year of intense diplomatic and military initiatives — kept hushed in fear of ambushes or attacks once the convoys were under way: first carrying 3,500 barrels by road to Baghdad, then on 37 military flights to the Indian Ocean atoll of Diego Garcia and finally aboard a U.S.-flagged ship for a 8,500-mile trip to Montreal.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/25546334/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/t/secret-us-mission-hauls-uranium-iraq/

So, yes, I think it is known we found "yellow cake", degraded? Or maybe even provided by? Well, I know we helped Iraq some in the '80s, one can look it up for themselves, those are stories in themselves.  It's pretty interesting that at least the US and Rumsfield, we did provide Saddam with various items.  But I think Saddam got the yellow cake out of Niger.

But good, @TxRodeoGuy provided the info, not only did Israel bomb WMDs, but they famously bombed their nuclear plant... oh, they bombed that nuclear plant but their intelligence didn't pick it up, someone else did... and it caught us and the Israelis by surprise:

Did Israel destroy Syria’s nuclear weapons program?
By   News Desk -   2019-04-07

Israel put an end to Syria’s alleged nuclear ambitions in 2006 when they bombed the country’s secret site near the Iraqi border.

Read more at: https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/did-israel-destroy-syrias-nuclear-weapons-program/

2017? I missed this story apparently.

Israel reported to have bombed Syrian chemical weapons facility
This article is more than 2 years old

Syrian military appears to confirm media reports of attack on research centre near Mediterranean coast in night-time raid.

Israeli jets have reportedly bombed a Syrian government facility in north-west of the country believed to be associated with Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons programme.

The strikes were initially reported by Hebrew and Arab media sources on Thursday morning. A Syrian military statement appears to confirm the reports.

The airstrike on the Syrian Scientific Studies and Research Centre was reported to have taken place overnight. Western intelligence reports have linked the centre near the town of Masyaf to Syria’s chemical weapons programme.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/07/israel-airstrike-syria-chemical-weapons-facility

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

After nearly a decade of refusing to say a cross word about Obama’s policies, the moment Trump steps out of line and becomes too “isolationist,” he’s ready to talk again.

It's a fair point.  I suspect he is just as sad as I am what his party and his father's party has devolved into, but as the article says Dubya left the GOP "in shambles."  It would be more accurate to say he left the world in shambles.  The worst economic downturn of my memory occurred under Bush's watch.  There's a good reason nobody wants to hear what he has to say.

It actual still hurts a little to criticize Dubya because I like and admire the man and his accomplishments, but he's the wrong voice to be giving Presidential advice.   

Some yellow cake stayed at that because it was flown off to Diego Garcia,
Thanx @TomSea for the facts.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
G.W. Bush should stay lost.  I am reading his book Decision..., and I nearly regurgitate my lunch with every other page.  GW is a rat-f#%& if there ever was.

@jafo2010

Boy Jorge was a mama's boy cokehead homosexual who was pimped out by the Saud Royal Family.

Other than that,he wasn't too bad.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

Re: George W. Bush Suddenly Learns to Talk Again, Goes After Trump on Syria
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 04:03:40 am »
The larger matter is the reality that the GOP is not and has never
been a Party of conservative principle, NOT FOR A NANO-SECOND!
Rather the Agrarian and Rural Democrats of Jefferson, Madison, Monroe
among many more, were; yet sadly eradicated by slavery and the Civil War.
The GOP has always been the party of trade protectionism, judicial activism,
centralized government and crony capitalism; FOREVER!!!!
Sadly average republican voters are oblivious to this cold reality.
The Bushes, Rockefellers, Scrantons, Romneys, McKinleys, Cahills and
hundreds more are simply, liberal-left politicos of the fat wallet posse.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 04:09:53 am »
Sneakypete....  you and I are usually on the same page.

Can you imagine yourself sitting in a room in front of young children and being told the USA is under attack, and you remain seated because you do not want to upset a room of 25 seven year olds?   Uggh.

And in his book, his first concern was the reaction Americans would have against muslims, that there would be a backlash.  There is a reason for his mindset, for he was very close to Osama bin Laden's oldest brother.  It is believed that brother gave him the money he needed to purchase the ball club.  And one of his first acts on the whole post 9/11 was to ensure the entire bin Laden family members escaped the USA before commercial flights were even restored.

And what almost no one ever speaks about is the involvement of the Bushes with the Carlyle Group.  Sorry, but I think that stinks just as bad as what the Clinton Crime Family has done with their faux foundation.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 04:41:39 am »

Can you imagine yourself sitting in a room in front of young children and being told the USA is under attack, and you remain seated because you do not want to upset a room of 25 seven year olds?   Uggh.

And in his book, his first concern was the reaction Americans would have against muslims, that there would be a backlash.  There is a reason for his mindset, for he was very close to Osama bin Laden's oldest brother.  It is believed that brother gave him the money he needed to purchase the ball club.  And one of his first acts on the whole post 9/11 was to ensure the entire bin Laden family members escaped the USA before commercial flights were even restored.

And what almost no one ever speaks about is the involvement of the Bushes with the Carlyle Group.  Sorry, but I think that stinks just as bad as what the Clinton Crime Family has done with their faux foundation.

@jafo2010

And let's not forget the Clinton Crime Family and the Bush Crime Family joining forces to flood America with cheap Chinese crap in exchange for billions of dollars from the Chinese. THIS was why Babs Bush and the Bush Klan were such good pals with the Clintions.

This started with Boy Jorge was president,Bubba was the Governor of Arkansas,and Bubbette had a board seat at Wal-Mart based on her vast business experience of "none at all".

Poppy had been the first US Ambassador to China,as well as a former director of the CIA,so he knew the contacts to set it up all,and sent his uncle to China to open the "Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce". Their partners at the CoC were from the Chinese Politburo.  This allowed them to dip their beaks into every trade deal made.

And it ain't even getting into the treason Boy Jorge committed by pimping out the US Military to the Sauds and having then invade Iraq and hang Hussein,who had stated he was going to go after Saudi Arabia.

People tend to forget that Saddam Hussein was responsible for the deaths of more fundie Muslims that anyone else in the world. Maybe even everybody else in the world. Yet we invaded Iraq and hung him. In what world does THAT make any sense?

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 05:49:38 am »
Hey Q fans don't forget to post your conspiracy theory here http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,379376.0.html

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 11:35:13 am »

It’s interesting that the only people who ever bash how W handled the initial reports of what transpired 9/11 are people who weren’t there.

There’s a special section here for your stupid tinfoil hat conspiracy. I suggest you use it to satisfy your Jones for bashing Bush.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 11:45:38 am »
I read another article on this, is what Bush said per se, so direct at addressing Trump?  I don't think he mentioned Trump one time, yes, he might mention the general situation but I think Bush's words themselves should be looked at without the additional analysis:

“An isolationist United States is destabilizing around the world. We are becoming isolationist and that’s dangerous for the sake of peace.”

Okay, I read the rest of the article, it's a pretty fair article. I read the Breitbart article.

If this is all, I don't think there is a whole lot here and for the record, maybe there is a time, Bush went after Obama. I know, Bush did comment some on Assad and that was during the Obama administration.

One little statement.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 12:56:17 pm »
It’s interesting that the only people who ever bash how W handled the initial reports of what transpired 9/11 are people who weren’t there.

@txradioguy

ROFLMAO! How many people were there that were older than 9,a dozen camera men and gofers?

You are just a Dumbya fan boi supporting a fellow Texan. A Texan by way of the northeast,that is.

Boy Jorge was a nice man personally,but a weak sister and a horrible president that sold his office to the Chinese and the Sauds. Other than those "minor" things,I guess he wasn't too bad.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2019, 12:59:25 pm »

“An isolationist United States is destabilizing around the world. We are becoming isolationist and that’s dangerous for the sake of peace.”

"An isolationist United States is destabilizing around the world. We are becoming isolationist and that’s dangerous for the sake of Globalism."  There,I fixed it.

I think he is missing being spanked by his goomba,Pooty Poot.