Author Topic: London commuters seen dragging climate activists off underground trains (video)  (Read 293 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Europe News
London commuters seen dragging climate activists off underground trains
Published Thu, Oct 17 20194:56 AM EDT
Sam Meredith   @smeredith19

A video shared widely on social media appeared to show a number of protesters on top of a Jubilee Line train at Canning Town station in East London.

Climate activists had planned to target London's underground network on Thursday, as part of their ongoing demonstration in the capital city.

Extinction Rebellion said the actions were "intended to bring economic disruption to the capital as part of the ongoing campaign to convince the Government to take meaningful action on the Climate and Ecological Emergency."

Read more at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/17/extinction-rebellion-climate-activists-dragged-off-tube-trains.html

Pretty radical dude, this indeed was a fearsome situation, apparently, the protesters are those who got on top of the trains, watch them pulled down from the trains here via a CNN tweet, see video:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1184826427297939456

See, the guy on top of the train as the video opens up is in a suit but I guess, he's a protester. I would have thought, he was one of those with his commuting interrupted.

Pretty unreal, a real mob action but I have little sympathy for the protesters, they are holding up everyone.  They shouldn't get kicked or whatever, and good for the woman I see in there who kind of wards someone away from doing that.

This is that "Extinction Rebellion", I've heard a little about it.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:40:24 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
London police under fire after banning Extinction Rebellion climate protests
The protesters have launched legal action against a ban spanning the entirety of London.

Oct. 16, 2019, 9:56 AM CDT
By Linda Givetash

LONDON — Police are facing a dilemma of whether to arrest protesters defying a sweeping ban against climate change demonstrations in London on Wednesday that experts say will likely crumble when appealed.

The ban issued by London’s Metropolitan Police on Monday in response to more than a week of peaceful but disruptive protests by the Extinction Rebellion movement has been condemned by activists, lawyers and lawmakers for violating people’s freedom to assemble.

"It’s ridiculous as a response to peaceful protests," said Jolyon Maugham, a barrister at the London firm Devereux Chambers. "I haven’t spoken to a lawyer who believes this ban is lawful."

Read more at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/london-police-under-fire-after-banning-extinction-rebellion-climate-protests-n1067251

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
It would please me if some commuters, went Beserker on the protesters.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Excellent move by the crowd.
I hope those guys hit the platform HARD when they got pulled down.

We need MORE behavior just like this.
Especially against those antifa freaks.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope the commuters beat the feces out of the protesters.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ever see how aggressive those London folks are at soccer games?

The protestors would likely be dead if the disruption they made caused them to delay getting to the soccer field.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington