Author Topic: Report–George W. Bush: Trump’s ‘Isolationist’ America Is ‘Dangerous’ for Global Peace  (Read 218 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report–George W. Bush: Trump’s ‘Isolationist’ America Is ‘Dangerous’ for Global Peace
Breitbart, Oct 16, 2019

During a panel alongside former President Bill Clinton at the Nir School of the Heart, Bush laid into Trump for his recent decision to withdraw up to 1,000 American troops from northeast Syria — fulfilling his long held campaign promise to bring troops home after more than a decade of war.

“An isolationist United States is destabilizing around the world,” Bush said, according to the Washington Post‘s Josh Rogin. “We are becoming isolationist and that’s dangerous for the sake of peace.”

Bush led the U.S. into war in Afghanistan and Iraq with more than 4,500 Americans dying in Iraq — including more than 3,500 killed in combat — and up to 205,000 Iraqi citizens dying in the war since March 2003.

In total, Bush’s post-9/11 wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and intervention in Pakistan have resulted in the deaths of between 480,000 and 507,000 people — including nearly 7,000 American soldiers who had deployed to the regions.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/16/report-george-w-bush-trumps-isolationist-america-is-dangerous-for-global-peace/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA

Bush, according to Rogin, also said his biggest regret as president from 2001 to 2008 was not passing an amnesty for the 11 to 22 million illegal aliens living in the U.S., seemingly attacking the Trump administration’s focus on enforcement of immigration law that has helped boost wages for blue-collar and working-class Americans.

“We are a nation of immigrants but the language coming out of the system today is rejecting immigration,” Bush said. [...]

Bush’s continued attacks on Trump and his “America First” agenda stand in contrast to the former president’s history of refusing to denounce the far-left policies of Obama.  “I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president,” Bush said in 2014. “I think it’s bad for the presidency for that matter.” 

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:19:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I don't generally subscribe to the notion of an isolationist America,  but the Middle East is one of those insolvable quagmires where, it seems, the warring tribes and factions may need to fight it out to determine whether they ever want peace.    I'm not convinced,  after having seen the oil crises, terror attacks, genocide and refugees my entire adult life,  that our presence in that region is doing one iota of good.   We gave 'em with our blood and treasure an Arab Spring,  as Mr. Bush well knows, and it only made things worse.       

These age-old enmities cannot be stilled because hate is their water of life.   I understand what Mr. Bush is saying -  I certainly didn't oppose the Iraq war and even shared his idealism - but fifty years on I feel exactly what President Trump feels - no more visits to Dover Air Force Base and Walter Reed. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does anybody know who Boy Jorge's keeper is now that Mama Babs has died?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
We have troops stationed in over 140 countries in the world, Trump is pulling a tiny contingent out of Syria, and we are becoming isolationist?

Please dear Lord, send this idiot Bush back to his chain saw and focus on cutting big trees into smaller pieces.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We have troops stationed in over 140 countries in the world, Trump is pulling a tiny contingent out of Syria, and we are becoming isolationist?

Please dear Lord, send this idiot Bush back to his chain saw and focus on cutting big trees into smaller pieces.

@jafo2010

That will never be seen again. He's never going to run for president again,so there will be no macho posturing.

We might see him in a tutu doing the dance of the Sugar Plum Faries,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I can't recall GW saying a single solitary criticism let alone laying into or attacking Bathhouse Barry during his eight years of crapping on America in every foreign country and shit hole  he ever visited or the illegalities of his administration, but damn he sure has no trouble whatsoever attacking a Republican President.

George shut up, go to your ranch ride your bike and paint . The only audience or people in North America you seem to care to support and fight for are corrupt democrats and illegals, your not a 'compassionate conservative, hell I don't believe your even a conservative.