Author Topic: SpongeBob Squarepants Is A ‘Violent,’ ‘Racist’ Colonizer, College Professor Says  (Read 497 times)

rangerrebew

SpongeBob Squarepants Is A ‘Violent,’ ‘Racist’ Colonizer, College Professor Says

“Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?”

You know you know the answer. It’s SpongeBob SquarePants, the iconic cartoon character loved by kids and adults alike, who on Friday turned 20 years old.

The animated sponge spends his days getting into wacky adventures along with his buddies Patrick Starfish, Squidward Tentacles, and Mr. Krabs. And without speaking down to children, the lovable, absorbent square doles out some life lessons along the way.

But a University of Washington professor thinks SpongeBob is violent and racist.

Yes, seriously.

https://conservativemedia.com/news/spongebob-squarepants-violent-racist-colonizer-college-professor-says/

rangerrebew

These leftists get nuttier all the time.  I believe they can find something racist under every unturned stone on earth. :yowsa:

Offline goatprairie

Every time I think that leftists can't do anything more nutty, they prove me wrong.
 I would bet even many of the students in this wack job's classes probably consider her fit for a padded room and a straightjacket.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:32:19 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The tinfoil is strong with this one.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Spongebob might be racist but Mermaid Man was tolerance embodied.

Offline andy58-in-nh

It sounds like the professor might be more of a Squidward fan. :whistle:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Dumb ideas are a dime a dozen.

It's the reality that an actual scientific, peer-reviewed journal found this screed fit to publish that bothers me more than anything.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Lol!  :mauslaff:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

Perhaps she prefers the cishet old male Barnacle Boy.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dumbassed professor doesn't 'get' that "Bikini Bottom" is a tongue-in-cheek reference to a garment, not an Island, and launches into an antinuke tirade?  Give these people some time on a road crew, or building a train track to nowhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I like Gary the snail best. He meows.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline PeteS in CA

Dumbassed professor doesn't 'get' that "Bikini Bottom" is a tongue-in-cheek reference to a garment, not an Island, and launches into an antinuke tirade?  Give these people some time on a road crew, or building a train track to nowhere.

Also, the creator of SpongeBob, Stephen Hillenburg, was born some 3 years after the last nuclear test at Bikini Atoll and would have been in school during the growth of anti-nuclear hate. Not that facts matter to Progs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.