Author Topic: Parents of killed British teen accuse White House of ambushing them with accused killer  (Read 293 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
White House
Parents of killed British teen accuse White House of ambushing them with accused killer
"It struck us that this meeting was hastily arranged by nincompoops on the run," a spokesman for the family said.

By CAITLIN OPRYSKO
10/16/2019 11:19 AM EDT
Updated: 10/16/2019 03:05 PM EDT
Facebook

Twitter

Link

More

The parents of a British teenager allegedly killed in a motorcycle accident by the American wife of a U.S. official are accusing the White House of trying to ambush them with a forced meeting with the woman in the Oval Office on Tuesday.

Harry Dunn, 19, was riding his motorcycle when police say Anne Sacoolas, the wife of a U.S. official stationed nearby, struck him in her car while driving on the wrong side of the road back in August. Sacoolas claimed diplomatic immunity and left the country shortly after. Dunn’s parents, as well as the British government, have embarked on a public pressure campaign, lobbying President Donald Trump to waive Sacoolas’ immunity and allow her to face charges in the U.K.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/16/trump-british-teen-killed-048391

They didn't know that the woman was going to be there.  Why would Trump do this?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

They didn't know that the woman was going to be there.  Why would Trump do this?

@Chosen Daughter

To make himself look like a hero by getting the parents and this woman together to resolve this matter.  If the parents and this woman can work this out,  then it makes Trump look good to his fans and maybe to the voters next year. 

Whatever Trump does is not for the benefit of others, but for himself.  And yes, if I were one of the parents, I'd be livid too. 

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
He's an oaf. Not that we didn't already know that.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

To make himself look like a hero by getting the parents and this woman together to resolve this matter.  If the parents and this woman can work this out,  then it makes Trump look good to his fans and maybe to the voters next year. 

Whatever Trump does is not for the benefit of others, but for himself.  And yes, if I were one of the parents, I'd be livid too.

And to have all the press there. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

A reflection.
His poor Mother had to deal w/him till
he was 13 and sent to Military School!!!!!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
This reflects badly on the system, not so much Trump (unless he keeps butting in the whole mess). The whole diplomatic immunity thing has great reason to be despised. But it is not because I guess it keeps countries from abusing laws to entrap foreigners. I don't see an up side for Trump to meddle in it, even as unfair as it seems to the kid and his family (like previous pointed out, they got the short end of the stick).
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:04:36 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

This reflects badly on the system, not so much Trump (unless he keeps butting in the whole mess). The whole diplomatic immunity thing has great reason to be despised. But it is not because I guess it keeps countries from abusing laws to entrap foreigners. I don't see an up side for Trump to meddle in it, even as unfair as it seems to the kid and his family (like previous pointed out, they got the short end of the stick).
------------------------
Not an argument, simply an observation.
The Natural Law governed Man's behavior many thousands
of years prior to the emergence of structured Religions.
One precept asserted that we alone are responsible for our behavior.
This gal drove on the wrong side of the road, suck the teen, killing him,
then ran away; hiding behind diplomatic immunity!
This is the behavior of a disgraceful coward who would have been
treated w/extreme harshness in earlier times when character mattered.
Such behavior says volumes about what we have become as a people.