Author Topic: Trump calls Mattis 'world's most overrated general' over ISIS comments  (Read 496 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls Mattis 'world's most overrated general' over ISIS comments
By Brett Samuels - 10/16/19 05:24 PM EDT

President Trump on Wednesday called his former Defense secretary, Jim Mattis, "the world's most overrated general" during a tense meeting with lawmakers on the situation in Syria.

Trump met with Democratic and Republican leaders at the White House to discuss Turkey's incursion into northern Syria following his decision to pull U.S. forces from that area.

During the meeting, Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) read a quote from Mattis's appearance Sunday on “Meet the Press,” where he warned that "ISIS will resurge" if the U.S. does not keep the pressure on in that region.

Trump cut Schumer off, according to two Democratic aides, and said that Mattis was "the world’s most overrated general."

"You know why? He wasn’t tough enough," Trump said, according to the aides. "I captured ISIS. Mattis said it would take two years. I captured them in 1 month."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Trump's remarks.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/466169-trump-called-mattis-worlds-most-overrated-general-over-isis-comments
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump calls Mattis 'world's most overrated general' over ISIS comments
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 09:31:40 pm »
WOW...Mattis has been hawking his book at all the news channels and when repeatedly pressed has refuse to say anything negative about Trump... **nononono*
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:36:00 am »
WOW...Mattis has been hawking his book at all the news channels and when repeatedly pressed has refuse to say anything negative about Trump... **nononono*

:2popcorn:

I'm pretty sure the Two Minutes of Hate against Mattis will be starting soon.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 01:34:09 am »
Who in their right mind would want to work for Trump?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 02:40:44 am »
He wouldn't know.  He is a draft dodger.

There is no history of anyone in his family serving.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:16:14 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 03:17:46 am »
--------------------
Er..............Kellyanne Conway???

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 04:56:37 am »
--------------------
Er..............Kellyanne Conway???

You missed the first part.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 02:05:44 am »
Trump better get smart quick on the military industrial complex or face getting JFK'd in short order.  You go against these guys, they arrange your early departure.

He has antagonized the intelligence folks, now the military, and the entire elected swamp.  You cannot piss off all these folks and they not decide to take you out, whether both houses of Congress impeach him, which I think is possible, or JFKing him.

I sure hope he still has some of his own security, because I do not trust the Secret Service in the slightest.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 02:24:07 am »

Good question.  It is, if you think about it, the most important question of all.   If Trump cannot attract and keep top talent,  he will find himself surrounded.by yesmen and  relatives. 

This is a bad example of leadership.   But it is even a worse example of a disloyal opposition exposing the content of dialogue in a private meeting over the most sensitive of international matters.   Trump may lack judgement,  but the media's goosing of  this gossip in the middle of a crisis is IMO unpatriotic.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:33:18 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 02:37:54 am »
   TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 03:27:17 am »
Good question.  It is, if you think about it, the most important question of all.   If Trump cannot attract and keep top talent,  he will find himself surrounded.by yesmen and  relatives. 

This is a bad example of leadership.[/quote]Good that we agree @Jazzhead .
  But it is even a worse example of a disloyal opposition exposing the content of dialogue in a private meeting over the most sensitive of international matters.   Trump may lack judgement,  but the media's goosing of  this gossip in the middle of a crisis is IMO unpatriotic.

I'm sorry I don't get the reference.  I haven't seen the news since yesterday.  Are you talking about President Trump's Ukraine call?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 03:51:39 am »

I'm sorry I don't get the reference.  I haven't seen the news since yesterday.  Are you talking about President Trump's Ukraine call?

No, I am talking about the topic thread.  Media reports citing "Democrat aides" that Trump disparaged Gen. Mattis in a private meeting.  With the Syrian crisis in full swing,  reporting such destructive gossip is disgraceful.

There is no institution I hold in lower regard than the so-called mainstream press.  May there be salt on their fields and a pox on their houses.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 05:36:36 am »
No, I am talking about the topic thread.  Media reports citing "Democrat aides" that Trump disparaged Gen. Mattis in a private meeting.  With the Syrian crisis in full swing,  reporting such destructive gossip is disgraceful.

There is no institution I hold in lower regard than the so-called mainstream press.  May there be salt on their fields and a pox on their houses.
@Jazzhead Thanx for the clarification.

I'm reading you're angry the rats leaked President Trump disparaging Mattis as "the world’s most overrated general," while we as a nation are embroiled in Trump's Syria surrender.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  I think I get your point but my take is disloyalty to the President I believe is dangerously incompetent, at a time when his dangerous incompetence is costing lives, is better than being a President who is dangerously incompetent.

This was the same meeting where both sides accused the other of a meltdown and being crazy, yes?  Neither side is gonna do jack-squat about the problem because it's easier to point a finger at the other. Why does reporting Trump calling names seem so important in that setting?  Does it matter if Trump really said it and the press got multiple confirmations, or should it not have been reported at all?

It could be the rats/fake news is making it up but, I've already watched Trump smear Mattis so it's believable to me.
If your main point was both sides suck, I agree with that too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 05:43:34 am »
I don't always look for ratings of generals, but when I do I always look to a reality TV "star" for their hard earned expertise in the subject.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 06:16:12 am »
I don't always look for ratings of generals, but when I do I always look to a reality TV "star" for their hard earned expertise in the subject.

LMAO...

You mean the one who in 2004 tried to "Trademark' the phrase "YOU"RE FIRED"!!!!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 06:18:10 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 05:34:19 pm »
Trump better get smart quick on the military industrial complex or face getting JFK'd in short order.  You go against these guys, they arrange your early departure.
He has antagonized the intelligence folks, now the military, and the entire elected swamp.  You cannot piss off all these folks and they not decide to take you out, whether both houses of Congress impeach him, which I think is possible, or JFKing him.
I sure hope he still has some of his own security, because I do not trust the Secret Service in the slightest.
---------------------------------
Indeed Trump needs to smarten up instantly yet that ship sailed some 60 years past!!!
By and large we moderns tolerate, often worshiping stupidity; otherwise we would
never select the leadership we do.
Machiavelli's question resonates loudly; '"Is it better the leader be loved or feared"?
Trump obsesses over continuous attention because of his narcissism but does
anyone fear him or rather do they treat him w/silent contempt???