Author Topic: House conservatives attempt to access closed-door impeachment hearing  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House conservatives attempt to access closed-door impeachment hearing
By Juliegrace Brufke - 10/16/19 02:01 PM EDT

House conservatives on Wednesday attempted to barge into a closed-door hearing where a former top aide to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was providing testimony in the Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

While none of the lawmakers sit on the committees leading the impeachment inquiry — House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs, and Oversight and Reform — they argued the process has lacked transparency and all members should have access to the information.

The conservatives, led by House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), also attempted to view the transcript of testimony from Kurt Volker, President Trump's former special envoy to Ukraine, arguing the information released so far has been "cherry-picked by Democrats."

Biggs accused Democrats of leaking selective information that doesn’t provide the full story and alleged they were holding “Soviet-style, secret hearings.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/466114-house-conservatives-attempt-to-access-closed-door-impeachment-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: House conservatives attempt to access closed-door impeachment hearing
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:37:50 pm »
Rs should make multiple attempts per day to enter the meetings, make a very public issue of Dems' secrecy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 10:31:33 pm »
Rs should make multiple attempts per day to enter the meetings, make a very public issue of Dems' secrecy.

Didn't Schitt permit Jerold Waddler access to the Committee?  If so, that should be brought up every time the Republicans do as you suggest.  "Democrats not on the Committee are allowed in, but Republicans with the same status are not."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 11:42:15 pm »

:yowsa:

I think they are doing this for the very reason you state. It's a great illustration of how this isn't an example of American jurisprudence, but is in reality a Soviet style investigation.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 12:37:44 am »
Didn't Schitt permit Jerold Waddler access to the Committee?  If so, that should be brought up every time the Republicans do as you suggest.  "Democrats not on the Committee are allowed in, but Republicans with the same status are not."

Jerold Waddler. LOL. I call him Nadless.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 12:38:51 am »

They should bring the TV cameras with them. Of course, most of the networks wouldn't air the footage.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 02:38:58 am »
@PeteS in CA
Watching the GOP fail yesterday and again today is delightful.  Yes GOP, keep putting a spotlight on your impotence.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 03:01:50 am »
Didn't Schitt permit Jerold Waddler access to the Committee?
@Cyber Liberty
Not according to the fake news I watch.  If you ever find a source for this, ping me please.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:05:39 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 02:15:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Not according to the fake news I watch.  If you ever find a source for this, ping me please.

I haven't seen a story, so it's probably a fish tale. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: