Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 16th  (Read 544 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Oct. 16th
« on: October 16, 2019, 05:49:36 pm »
All transcripts can be seen here https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Moody’s Election Models Predict Easy Trump Victory

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: You ever heard of the guy (I’m sure you have, I’ve mentioned his name) Mark Zandi?

Mark Zandi, Z-a-n-d-i. He’s at Moody’s. Mark Zandi is a prognosticator of some repute for Moody’s financial services, any number of analytics and data analytics. Zandi is a well-known, uber-leftist — pro-Democrat out the wazoo — and he is panicked, because this guy Zandi and his firm Moody’s, they have models that they use to forecast and predict presidential elections, three of them. And then none of them have been wrong since 1980.

All of Mark Zandi’s formulas that he uses to predict presidential reelections have been dead-on accurate since 1980. “President Trump appears likely to win reelection next year, according to three different economic models Moody’s Analytics uses to measure presidential contests. Moody’s modeling, which has only missed on one presidential election since 1980…” Sorry, they’ve missed one.

They “found that Trump will easily beat his 304 electoral vote total in 2016. The three different models showed Trump winning either 289,” you need 270, “332 or 351 votes in the Electoral College over his eventual opponent. The projections are based on how consumers feel about their financial situations, stock market gains achieved under Trump and the prospects for unemployment.”

Those are the three models, and all three of them, only one time have been wrong since 1980 and they are now forecasting Trump to win either 289 or 332 or 351 electoral votes.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Oct. 16th
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:50:28 pm »

Dystopian Democrat Debate Was Hard to Watch

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: Man, oh, man, it was hard to watch last night. I kept hoping that somehow something would happen that would make the time fly, but it didn’t. And the worst part about it, I mean, really what was it? What was this debate last night? It just seemed like another night for CNN. Instead of three people bashing Trump, we had 13 or 14 of them bashing Trump. It was just 13 or 14 people advancing or talking about the Democrat agenda.

But, man, when that many people are engaged, I’ll tell you, the overwhelming or overarching sensation I got was just total dystopian. Good Lord, folks, listening to those people talking about life, listening to them talk about the country, all is lost, everything’s hopeless.

And it appeared that everybody on that stage looks out across America and sees a bunch of people barely making it, barely hanging on, desperately clinging to every word uttered by anybody from government as the only way they have any chance of having an enjoyable life or any kind of a future. I mean, it was misery on parade.

There wasn’t one thing optimistic. There wasn’t one thing uplifting. There wasn’t one candidate who looked out into the camera, looking out across America, and encouraged anybody! There wasn’t a single syllable of encouragement in this debate last night. It was simply a bunch of people covering up for Biden. Boy, did I call that.

Did I tell you people they wouldn’t try to take out Plugs on the basis of the corruption of him and his son because they’re all exposed to it? So they’ll take him out on some other basis, he’s too old, he’s been a great war horse, time has passed him by, all of these things were very obvious last night. But, man, I couldn’t get over — and here’s the thing. You know, it’s got an audience.

This dystopian stuff has an audience. This “all is lost unless certain people end up running government.” It’s a sad thing to realize, that there are millions of Americans tuning into that thing last night who are literally hoping, they’re investing everything they’ve got in some of that stuff the Democrats are promising coming true. And none of it can!

Somebody ran the numbers, some think tanker ran the numbers on everything Bernie Sanders is proposing. It would add up to a hundred trillion dollars. There isn’t a hundred trillion dollars! And Crazy Bernie was the target along with — well, actually Elizabeth Warren was the primary target last night, which tells you who the Democrats think now is their frontrunner.

And, you know, everybody was aiming at her on the basis of her Medicare for All plan, and Crazy Bernie has one too. And I swear there were a couple times I stopped and did a double-take, “Did I just hear what I just heard?” And there was Amy Klobuchar talking about how competition can lower prices. She knows this from her childhood. Her childhood! Not as an adult, from her childhood. She remembered something where competition lowered prices. You talk competition to Democrats, that’s showing Dracula the cross.

It also struck me how smart Trump is. Trump is against Middle East wars; so the Democrats last night had to come out in favor of them. Trump lowers the employment numbers. Trump increases jobs and employment in the Midwest and Ohio where the debate was last night. So the Democrats have to come out against that.

And then I heard Biden was trying to go after Fauxcahontas here on her Medicare for All plan. One of my all-time favorite comedians, professor Irwin Corey. Remember professor Irwin Corey? He was a semiregular with Johnny Carson on the old Tonight Show days. And he was hilarious. He came out as the caricature of an absent-minded professor. He was unkempt, his hair was all over the place, his jacket was stained and so forth. And he did the best parody, he did the best satire of phony intellectuals that you have ever, ever seen.

I’ll give you an example. So Johnny Carson says, “Professor, tell us something. I know you’re a deep thinker. Tell us, why do men wear shoes?” Now, professor Irwin Corey took five minutes to answer. I’m not gonna go through a five-minute impersonation here. But professor Corey, who was a bumbling fool was his character, even though his image was of staunch intellectual, such a great parody, he went on and on for five minutes.

“Well, it’s a two-part question, Mr. Carson. The first question, first part of your question is why. Men have been trying to answer the question why since before there were men. ‘Why’ is a great question that means we’re eternally curious. There’s no answer to the question ‘why’ but we all sheep could asking the question ‘why,’ especially women who never get an answer to the question ‘why’ no matter how many times –” He went on and on like this.

“And now the second part of your question, do men wear shoes? Yes.” Well, that’s who I thought was watching last night when I watched Biden. I thought I was watching professor Irwin Corey. It was incoherent. It was staccatoed. It was all over the place. He was trying to press Warren on where is she gonna get the money for this health care plan of hers. And then he came out with something that you never hear Democrats admit!

He said (imitating Biden), “Look at me. I’m gonna tell you something. I’ve been there. Barack and I, we’ve been there, we know this stuff. I’ve been there, done it. I’m listening to all this stuff, and I know what can be done and I know what can’t be done. I’ve been there, and I’ve done it. I can do it, I can do it again. I’ve done it in my sleep. Robert Bork, I’ve done it all.

“You could close down the Pentagon, you could close everything about it. You could get rid of every building, every uniform, you could get rid of every boat, every ship, every airplane. You could close down every war. You could literally shut down the entire defense industry. You know what? You’d get enough money to run the government for four months.”

I was in the bathroom when I heard that. Standing up. What did I just hear? I had to make fast movements to get back into the main room, “Did I just hear what I just heard?” That is a Heritage Foundation talking point. That is a standard conservative talking point. It has been used to answer every left-wing, Big Government spender who’s come down the pike.

There’s a variation of it. You could confiscate all of the money over $10 million. Everybody who’s got more than $10 million, just take it. And you’d have enough money to run the government for three months. If you close down the Pentagon, you’d have enough money to run the government for four months. There was not a sound when Biden made that point. Not a sound.

Warren had no idea what to do with it. Neither did either of the two CNN moderators or the New York Times moderator. And none of the candidates on the stage had the foggiest idea what to do with it. And the reason why is because it is dead-on true, and they couldn’t believe they were hearing it out of the mouth of a Democrat!

Joe Biden, whether he knows it or not, just gave the country the very reason why none of their spending will work. There isn’t the money for it — and they hate the Department of Defense. You could shut it down. You could take it off the budget. You could get rid of every dollar and devote it to your precious social services, and you’d have four months to spend it. That’s how much of government it would spend is four months’ worth.

And with Klobuchar talking about the values of competition to lowering price? Those were the only two things I heard last night that made me perk up. Everything else… When I say “dystopian,” I literally mean dystopian — I mean the opposite of utopian. These people paint a picture of American and paint a picture of Americans that is just gray. It’s dark, dank, depressing, and hopeless — and the scary thing is that it appeals to people.

I thought it was the dullest. I thought it was the most lifeless. I thought it was painful.

I don’t know whether they purposely asked the audience or expressly asked the audience not to applaud, but whenever they do, that doesn’t work — whenever they ask the audience to stay silent so that the debate can go on uninterrupted. The fact of the matter is when audiences hear things they like, they erupt, no matter what instructions they’ve been given. Well, the audience last night didn’t erupt very much.

There wasn’t very much applause — and when there was, it was over ancillary, oddball things. I checked out some various social media entries today, and they’re livid over this debate. Social media left-wingers are upset that there were no questions on climate change. They were really upset over the last question of the debate, and it was a strange one. The last question of the debate had to do with Ellen DeGeneres being spotted sitting next to George W. Bush at a recent Dallas Cowboys game.

That sparked controversy throughout the left wing for Ellen DeGeneres. “How the hell could she do that? Who does she think she is, especially sitting there and laughing like she’s having a good time sitting next to George W. Bush?” So Anderson Cooper actually asked these people what they thought of this, and then he said, “Could you give us the name of a person with whom you have a relationship that we would all be surprised?” Really? What’s this?

Uh, this somehow is relevant? Social justice warriors were just ticked off particularly ’cause they got no questions on climate change. Why do you think that is, by the way? Why were there no questions on climate change? Because everybody knows it’s a hoax! Everybody knows it’s nothing to it! Everybody knows! They’ve tried it! It gets no ratings! It’s near the last in the list of things people care about! In the midst of all this, there was a tweet last night, ladies and gentlemen, while the debate was going on from Bradley Honan.

Now, Bradley Honan is the CEO and president of the Honan Strategy Group. It’s a Democrat polling and data analytics firm, and while the debate was going on… It’s about 75% through the debate, and Bradley Honan tweeted… Well, actually it’s about 10:30, so actually I’d say through 80% of it. Maybe longer. The tweet, “@HonanStretegy Insight: @ewarren and @joebiden facing overwhelmingly negative sentiment on Twitter tonight. Conversations around Warren and Biden are 85.6% and 94% negative.”

You live by Twitter and you’re gonna die by Twitter, and here’s a classic illustration. Twitter has now become a stand-in for the general public at large. Journalists (because they’re lazy) just look for random entries on Twitter — it doesn’t matter whose they are — and if they fit the agenda they are included in a story as representative of public opinion. So the Democrats think that Twitter is basically loaded with their supporters.

So Twitter represents a majority of America, and all of a sudden they’re in panic because last night, conversations about Fauxcahontas were 85.6% negative and about Biden were 94.6% negative. Bradley Honan was tweeting this out. (impression) “This is a Democrat. This is… This is bad! This is bad! This is… Oh, no! This is Panic City!” This is exact opposite of what everybody was expecting to happen.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Anderson Cooper was the primary moderator of the debate last night. As far as I’m concerned, he doomed this debate and doomed the Democrat Party with the very first question. The very first question was on impeachment, which meant the first 20 minutes of that debate last night were on impeachment. In Ohio… What did John Kasich tell CNN about Ohio? Nobody’s talking about impeachment in Ohio.

Nobody’s talking about impeachment anywhere except inside the Beltway. I mean, they’re talking about it, but they’re not! It’s not the heartstopper. It’s not the, “Oh, my God. They’re thinking before impeaching the president!” It’s not this. It’s just being seen as the latest Democrat attempt to get rid of Trump. Nobody is really taking it seriously. But the first, what, like 15 or 20 minutes — and it was bad, folks.

It was devoid of reality. It just made these people look plastic and artificial and like whining losers! There was one exception to it. There was Mayor Pete. Mayor Pete told everybody when it was his turn (impression), “This is a crazy thing to do. It’s timeless, doesn’t have any purpose, and it’s gonna leave the country even more divided,” and then Mayor Pete… A bunch of conservatives loved Mayor Pete last night. Did you know this minority leader?

A bunch of conservatives are singing… Well, I don’t think… They’re pseudo-conservatives, but they’re praising Mayor Pete primarily for his impeachment answer, and he tore into… what a sad-sack Beto O’Rourke. I don’t think he’s ever been anything but a sad-sack. But he promised that he’s gonna go door to door to take your gun away from you and that mass killers would readily give up their weapons under his policy, and Mayor Pete ripped into him on that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: If I were you, I wouldn’t pay much attention to what anybody inside the Beltway thinks of that debate last night. To them, it was right up their alley. It was anti-Trump. It was 12 people that hate Trump talking about Trump and advancing the Democrat agenda.

But I’m telling you, people outside Washington watching that thing last night, no way would anybody be encouraged, no way would anybody be uplifted, no way would anybody think there’s any reason to love their country. It was striking to me how negative, pessimistic. And I think the perfect word for it is dystopian. Literally watching this debate last night, all color left my TV. I just saw various shades of dark and gray. And it was dank.

I don’t know, folks. It was depressing. And I kept getting notes from people during the debate, “I gotta turn this off, Rush, I can’t watch it.” And I understood. I wish I could have. I tried a couple times, but my professionalism got in the way, my commitment to you got in the way.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Let’s stick with the audio sound bites. We’ll start here at the top. The first series here, just to show you that you’re making the right investment listening here, cutting edge of societal evolution, I tell you something, you can bank on it. This is me yesterday on this program talking about the debate.

RUSH ARCHIVE: My instincts tell me the Democrats don’t want to get rid of Plugs on the corruption angle because then they’re all exposed to it. So they want to get rid of Plugs, he’s too old, he doesn’t know where he is anymore, he’s an old war horse, done a great job, but time has passed him by, you know, stuff like that. I’d be stunned if they go after him and his kid on this stuff.

RUSH: And I also said this.

RUSH ARCHIVE: It’s been debunked by the media. The media says “nothing to see here, not reporting on it.” They know full well the media’s running cover for ’em.

RUSH: Okay. So I made it plain yesterday that at the debate last night I didn’t think they’re gonna go after Plugs at all on any of the ChiCom, Ukraine corruption because they’re all exposed in one way or another if they do that! If they go after Plugs, Plugs can turn around and drop the dime on them. It’s the way of the world! Pay and play is the way of the world! Let’s go to Anderson Cooper, audio sound bite number 3! You tell me if I didn’t nail this one.

COOPER: Mr. Vice President, President Trump has falsely accused your son of doing something wrong while serving on a company board in Ukraine. I want to point out there’s no evidence of wrongdoing by either one of you.

RUSH: Bingo! That’s the moderator testifying! This is a lawyer testifying in a court not permitted by the judge. The lawyers have to ask questions. Now, this is a debate, and Anderson Cooper is a prominent Democrat in the media. But you can see there he’s running cover for Plugs, he’s running cover for Biden. He’s not forcing Biden to answer the question. He’s exonerating him in the question. Doesn’t even make Biden address it.

So the media last night gave Joe Biden the pass that I knew they would give him, and none of the other candidates went after Biden on any of this stuff because they don’t want that door opened on them. “President Trump has falsely accused your son of doing something wrong –” there’s nothing false about it. You know, you people, Anderson, do you not realize all of the stories you are missing out there?

I think they know full well what they’re doing. They are actively providing cover. They are protecting, not just Biden, but all these guys. So one more before the break. After Anderson Cooper 219 declared the whole story false, Biden answered it anyway. (laughing) After Anderson Cooper declared the whole story nothing to see here, here’s Joe Biden once again with his Professor Irwin Corey impersonation.

COOPER: You announced that if you’re president, no one in your family or associated with you will be involved in any foreign businesses. My question is, if it’s not okay for a president’s family to be involved in foreign businesses, why was it okay for your son when you were vice president? Vice President Biden?

BIDEN: My son did nothing wrong. I did nothing wrong. And what I wanted to make a point about, and my son’s statement speaks for itself. He spoke about it today. My son’s statement speaks for itself. What I think is important is we focus on why it’s so important to remove this man from office. On the 17th, look, the fact that George Washington worried on the first time he spoke after being elected president, that what we had to worry about is foreign interference in our elections. It was the greatest threat to America.

RUSH: George Washington? Foreign interference? They can’t get over it. So here’s Anderson Cooper who tells Biden, “You know what? All these allegations are false. Your son didn’t do anything. You didn’t do anything. There’s no evidence of any wrongdoing against you.” And then next question he says, “But you said that if you’re president none of your family would be involved in any foreign business.” Question I raised yesterday, if it looks bad now, why didn’t it look bad when it was happening?

So Cooper comes back and asks the question and Biden (imitating Biden), “My son. My son is my son.” Yeah. There’s millions of guys with sons. “My son is my son.” Translation? “My son is my son, and my son’s a good guy. I’m not gonna do anything to my son. My son’s my son. Not touching my son. Speak for himself. Statement speaks for itself. We gotta get rid of Trump. Trump took aid from Russia. George Washington says it’s the worst thing that could possibly happen.”

I’m telling you, folks, if you have the presence of mind, we’re watching the literal crumbling here of a bunch of people on the Democrat side. They are crippling themselves with their hatred for Trump, their refusal to acknowledge they lost an election. To me it is stunning to see, and again, for the first, 15, 20 minutes of this debate to be about impeachment, that’s the huge, bad misstep, and that one’s on CNN.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 06:37:09 pm »

Pelosi Refuses to Hold Impeachment Vote

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: Pelosi says no formal vote on impeachment. That has let a lot of air out of that tire. And I told you there wasn’t gonna be one. I’ve been saying from the get-go that she would not commit them to a formal impeachment process.

It isn’t gonna happen.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, I’ll tell you something, folks. The news here that Pelosi is not going to hold a formal impeachment vote when everybody was under the impression that she was, the conventional wisdom was that a formal vote was coming. But they’re holding off on a full House vote authorizing an impeachment investigation. Now, this is obviously a sign of weakness. The word has been out that they’ve got the votes, that you don’t do the vote ’til you have the votes.

They may have the votes, but she’s still not gonna pull trigger. There will not be a vote. The whole thing is an obvious charade. It’s been an illusion or an attempt to create an illusion from the beginning. This is not a House impeachment. This is a Democrat stunt. It is a Democrat early October Surprise. What you’ve got is a bunch of these Democrats thinking they can put Trump on, what, probation? I don’t know what their mind-set on this is. But it is a farce.

And here’s a little tweet from Ryan Saavedra: “Politico reports that Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrat leaders are holding off on a full House vote authorizing an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.” And one of the people agreeing to hold off is Pencil Neck, Adam Schiff.

I think one of the reasons is that they think indictments are coming. And I too, I must tell you, folks, I’m getting confident that some indictments might be coming down, some indictments from the Barr investigation or the inspector general investigation. I think Pelosi knows it. And I think they’re really scurrying trying to figure out how to handle that.

If she goes ahead and authorizes a floor vote in the House on impeachment and the vote passes and then here come some indictments then that’s gonna turn everything upside down and it’s gonna turn Pelosi and her House and the people that voted, it’s gonna commit them to defense because whoever files the indictments and what brings those to be filed will be on offense, and that would represent a sea change.

Let’s go to Trump. Grab audio sound bite number 22. Trump had an Oval Office meeting today with the president of the Italian republic, Sergio Mattarella, and Trump took questions from the infobabes and the reporters that were there. And one reporter said, “Mr. President, Mr. President, there are reports that John Bolton said that Rudy Giuliani was a hand grenade the way he was acting. Are you concerned that Bolton could be called to testify in the impeachment inquiry?”

THE PRESIDENT: Giuliani was seeking out corruption mostly in the 2016 election because there was tremendous corruption in the 2016 election. It was disgraceful what happened, and that continues with Nancy Pelosi and with Schiff. Rudy was a great prosecutor. He was the best mayor in the history of the city of New York as far as I can see. When he saw what was going on with our election of 2016, the election I won, but the election that was absolutely corrupted by things that took place in government, the IG report’s gonna come out soon and we’ll see what happens.

I know nothing about it in terms of the report. I’m waiting for the report like everybody else, but I predict you will see things that you don’t even believe, the level of corruption, whether it’s Comey, whether it’s Strzok and his lover, Page, whether it’s so many other people, McCabe, whether it’s President Obama himself.

RUSH: Whoa! Hold it a minute. Stop the tape, whoa. What? What? Let’s go back. “The IG report’s gonna come out soon. We’ll see what happens. I know nothing about it in terms of the report. I’m waiting like everybody. I know nothing, but –” hee-hee-hee-hee “– I predict you’ll see things that you don’t even believe, the level of corruption, whether it’s Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, maybe Obama himself.”

President Trump just said the IG report could implicate Obama. He doesn’t know anything, he hasn’t seen it, nobody’s told him a word about it, he hasn’t any idea what’s in it, he wants everybody to know. But he predicts that it’s going to be a stunner. I already had a confidence level that there would be indictments coming down from these investigations going on. This just ratchets up my confidence on that.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:38:01 pm »
The Squad Endorses Crazy Bernie
Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: The Squad has announced that they are going to endorse Crazy Bernie. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and The Squad will be showing up at Crazy Bernie’s rally over the weekend on Saturday. What do you think that’s about? Well, it’s about they love Bernie. He’s the ardent, old socialist in the group. But it’s also about moving Elizabeth Warren to the left.

They don’t want anybody on the Democrat side moving to the center. They’re not gonna let it happen — and, as such, they’re gonna make this Moody’s projection come true whichever which way they go.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 06:38:43 pm »

Ron Reagan’s Atheist Ad Placed Perfectly in CNN Debate

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: Mr. Snerdley, did you watch the debate last night? Did you happen to see the ad in the middle of the debate sponsored by the Freedom From Religion…? (interruption) Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. What a perfectly placed ad! Let’s say that you are a group of idiots. You’re a group of wackos. You are miserable and you were unhappy, and you hate religion. You hate everything about it! You don’t like religion being in your face.

You don’t like living in a country that is deeply rooted in the Judeo-Christian religious ethic. You just hate it, and so you want to let everybody know how much you hate their religion and how much you hate them forcing their religion down your throat. So what do you do? Where would you buy an ad? Why, what better place than the Democrat Party presidential debate — and that’s what this group did!

The Freedom From Religion group, whatever it is. Ron Reagan — the son of Ronaldus Magnus, Ron Reagan — was the spokesman. Let me check real quick. I want to see… We may not have it ’cause we don’t give away advertising on this program. They didn’t buy time here because we wouldn’t sell it to them. (muttering) Nope! Don’t have it. I don’t need it. I can tell you exactly what this was. This was Ron Reagan, who is bitter and angry over a lot of things, so he was the perfect spokesman to hire.

He’s on camera proudly representing the Freedom From Religion… This is an ad right in the middle of the Democrat Party debate, and he goes through this script talking about how oppressive religion is and how you don’t have to succumb to it and there’s a whole lot of people that haven’t and here’s a pitch to join us at the Freedom From Religion group, and the tag line delivered by Ron Reagan was (dadelut, dadelut, dadelut), “I’m Ron Reagan, not afraid of burning in hell,” and they cut right back to the Democrat debate!

It may be one of the most perfect ad placements in the history of advertising! You want to reach a bunch of people that don’t like God, don’t like religion, and have no fear of hell because they don’t think it exists and so they don’t mind burning there? (laughing) Run this ad in a Democrat debate! (laughing) Oh, man! It’s one of those unforced errors, one of those things you couldn’t predict. And I’m sure these people think they’re helping the Democrats and helping themselves!

But what a perfect ad, a perfect commercial for tying into the overall mind-set, ideas, agenda of the Democrat Party. What was great about it was that the Democrats on the stage had no idea this ad had run! But you know what else was second great about it? They didn’t go full screen commercial! They kept the Democrat candidates on the left half of the screen. Like in an NFL game with a 30 second time-out in the last two minutes, they keep action on the field.

There’s no action, but they keep a view of game action on the field — whatever’s going on on sidelines or whatever — while the commercial running on the right half of the screen. That’s what they did here. So there’s no debate happening. They’re in a commercial break, but they kept the camera on the Democrat candidates while Ron Reagan is going on and on and on about what a bunch of rotgut religious people are. (laughing) I’m rubbing my hands together in glee when that happened. Okay. Let me take another brief time-out, folks. We have an obscene profit break — and I promise you we will never have an ad from the Freedom From Religion group on this program.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: So you had… (laughing) So you had the Freedom From Religion Ron Reagan not afraid of burning in hell right in the middle of the debate, then the last question you have Anderson Cooper asking, “Okay. So Ellen DeGeneres sat down with George Bush. Any of you have relationships with people that might surprise us?” You know what that’s like?

That would be like a bunch of people asking Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, “Do you know any Jews? Have you ever met a nice Jew?” Or asking somebody from the Nazi Party. I mean, it was the strangest thing! Like, it would have been a very odd answer if any of those people had any friends who were Republicans — and it would have been fighting words if they said they did! You talk about out of touch and way gone?
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 07:17:48 pm »

USA Today Writer Goes Home to Ohio, Finds Optimism Under Trump

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: I am holding here (shuffling paper) in my formerly nicotine-stained fingers, I am holding a column written by the USA Today columnist Jason Williams. He is from Gallipolis, Ohio, and his headline says it all: “I Went Back Home to Ohio’s Trump Country. In Appalachia, Honest People Have Hope Again.”

This column, this guy says it’s the hardest column he has ever written. He went back and he could not believe how the people from his hometown in Ohio love Trump. Let me just give you a couple of pull quotes. “These folks already get made fun of…” You’re gonna think you’ve heard this before from me, and you have. What this guy, Jason Williams, is actually doing is amplifying things I’ve already told you about the people the Democrat Party routinely makes fun of each and every day.

Everybody in flyover country — everybody who’s pro-life, everybody who’s pro-gun, everybody who lives south of the Mason-Dixon Line — this is how Democrats see them, and they know it. Gallipolis, Ohio. This is in Gallia County (or Gallia, I’m not sure how it’s pronounced). “These folks already get made fun of enough for being from Appalachia. They’re good, respectful people who are focused on taking care of their families.

“They want to be left alone. They don’t care about stupid Twitter wars, and I don’t want to be responsible for thrusting them into the vicious rhetorical crossfire between leftist activists and Trump sycophants.” This guy’s not gonna name anybody so left-wing Democrat trolls can’t go after ’em. He’s a journalist. What does that make him?

It makes him a left-wing Democrat. And then he says, “Democrats aren’t reaching out.” Democrats don’t care about these people. “No one votes to be despised. If Democrats don’t change their pitch, I may switch to Trump.” Democrats are not reaching out. They’re not! They want the elite vote, and that’s it. They don’t want any of these other schlubs. Oh, they’ll run debates for ’em, and they’ll make the schlubs think they are care about ’em.

But the Democrats are making it clear, they don’t care about the schlubs, they don’t care about the little guy, they don’t care about prescription drug prices, they don’t care about health care, they don’t care about any of this. Notice when they tried to talk about it last night how impossible their plans are! Health care, Medicare for All, take 150 people off their private insurance that they like, $30 trillion for Medicare for All alone.

There isn’t the money for it! These people don’t know what they’re talking about! The most natural reaction that any thinking human being could have had watching this debate last night is something along the lines of, what do any of these people know about health care? Why should I listen to anything they say? None of them are in the health care business! They’re nothing but a bunch of politicians and lawyers. How do they know what they’re talking about? And that would be the most brilliant reaction any viewer could have had.

But you go up and down that line, 12 candidates last night, from Kamala Harris to Mayor Pete, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, what does any of them know about any of the so-called plans that they have proposed and/or devised? They don’t know anything. Their plans are devised to appeal to a bunch of people who have been led to believe they can’t do anything for themselves.

I wouldn’t even want to be in a party like that. I wouldn’t want to lead a party, I wouldn’t want to be a candidate, I wouldn’t want to be a talk show host if my party depended on catering to a bunch of people who have been convinced they can’t do anything on their own because the deck is stacked against ’em! And the only chance they have in life is some political party that comes along and punishes them, gets even with the rich, gets even with Republicans.

Well, that’s what the Democrats are created. That’s what they have fostered. Here’s another pull quote from Jason Williams, USA Today: “I quickly came to the realization that this was going to be a challenge soon after arriving for my 2½-day stay in early September. I found that a lot of folks didn’t want to talk about Trump. They didn’t want to put themselves out there for fear of being verbally bludgeoned on Facebook and Twitter or in the grocery store or even at church.

“And those who did want to talk, well, they seemed to speak for those who wanted to remain silent: They’re tired of certain cable news networks and the leftist political class stereotyping them as a bunch of toothless, racist, backwoods rubes. ‘I don’t want to talk about it because you can’t have an opinion unless it’s their opinion,’ an African American Trump supporter said about the left. ‘Either you believe the way they believe, or you’re a racist or a homophobe. The reason I’m working is because of what Trump’s done. I just want to put my hard hat on and go to work every day.’”

And here’s another pull quote. “But the residents have optimism like I haven’t seen in a long time. Gallia County’s unemployment rate is 5.6%, the lowest its been since 1979. Most of the storefronts in Gallipolis again have businesses. Some residents attribute that to Trump, though the economy was showing signs of rebounding before he was elected.

“Trump doesn’t deserve all the credit. I’ve always felt like he played places like Gallipolis and Ohio’s other blue-collar areas on the economy. Things are better, yes, but it doesn’t mean happy days are here again. Gallia County’s workforce is a staggering 20% smaller than it was in the early 1970s, and the current unemployment rate is still higher than the U.S. (3.8%) and Ohio (4.2%).”

And yet everybody in this country is for Donald Trump, but they don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to be abused. They don’t want to tell a reporter. They don’t want to give their names. The reporter is not gonna give their names.

“I’ve been a journalist for 21 years. I’ve never struggled to write something as much as I have this column. The assignment: Go back to the place where I grew up, here in the middle of Ohio’s Appalachian region across the river from West Virginia, talk to family and friends and my hometown people and offer a perspective on the heart of Trump country that few others in the media can.”

Well, you know who else can? Salena Zito can. Salena Zito wrote the book on these people! So finally here’s somebody in mainstream journalism that sends somebody out to Trump country to find out who the hell these people are, even though they don’t have to, just read Salena Zito’s book. And she continues to update it.

So all of these little out of the way — I don’t know how many of you read USA Today. You know what? I would venture to say that less than 10% of you do unless you run into it in the airport. But these little signs are all over the place. The illusion that the media is painting of Trump in trouble on the verge of being impeached and thrown out of office is just that. It’s just an illusion.

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 07:18:49 pm »

Thomas B. Edsall Frets: Parscale Winning Online War

Oct 16, 2019

RUSH: Here’s another little news story that… You know, if you dig deep — if you dig deep — eventually the left, the Democrats, will betray their fears. They will always tell you what they’re afraid of. They will always tell you who they are afraid of. Thomas B. Edsall in the New York Times: “Trump Is Winning the Online War — The technical superiority and sophistication of the president’s digital campaign is a hidden advantage of incumbency.” Ohhhh, it’s a “hidden advantage of incumbency.” It doesn’t have anything to do with Trump’s people!

“For all his negative poll numbers and impeachment-related liabilities, President Trump has a decisive advantage on one key election battleground: the digital campaign. Under the management of Brad Parscale, the Trump re-election machine has devoted millions more than any individual Democrat to increasingly sophisticated microtargeting techniques.” Now, we interviewed Brad Parscale for an issue of The Limbaugh Letter in recent months, and he spelled all this out for us.

They’re not even making it a secret. He told us how they wre gonna do it. He spelled it out exactly: “Microtargeting,” meaning they’re in precinct after precinct after precinct identifying people and they’re gonna get ’em to the polls. Parscale was saying none of what you’re reading in polling data right now matters a hill of beans. It never does this far out, but especially as it relates to us because they’re not even gonna see us coming even when we tell them from where we are coming.

Now, stop and think of this for a second. Who do the Democrats have on their side? They’ve got Google, they’ve got Facebook, and they’ve got Twitter! And here’s New York Times with a story, all depressed and down in the dumps that Trump is running rings around all of them in “the online war.” They have a “chart, compiled by the Wesleyan Media Project, [that] describes the partisan gulf in political spending, through September 19, on Facebook and Google by leading presidential candidates:

“Trump’s $15.9 million is more than the $15.5 million spent by the top three Democratic candidates combined,” and you know what the story does not say? (muttering) Nothing in here about Russian money. Whoa, whoa! How can do a story on how Trump running rings around everybody online and not bring the Russians into it, huh? They musta just forgotten. I’m sure Thomas B. Edsall will go back and add an editor’s note, that these numbers do not include future Russian meddling on behalf of Trump.

You can’t do a story like this and not mention the Russians! The online leftist trolls will wipe you out. “Candidates’ advertising on Facebook and Google in 2019. President Trump eclipsed the combined totals of the three top-spending Democrats. But these figures substantially understate how far Democrats are behind. Trump’s operatives have been working since 2016 to develop and test techniques to identify voters, determine message effectiveness and develop tools of electronic communication.”

Again, go back and read The Limbaugh Letter interview with Parscale. He was giddy! He was excited telling us about this! He was also very flattered because he knew I had the intelligence to understand what he was saying. Now, we edited this in a way to make it easily understandable. He was really… At some point, I asked, “Are you not concerned that you’re giving away the game here?” “No, no. There’s no way they can keep up with us.” “How come there’s no way they can keep up?”

“They just can’t. They don’t even think this way. They’re still stuck in getting union money, SEIU money. They still don’t know how to connect to voters, Rush. They connect to donors. They don’t know how to connect to voters. We’re gonna connect to voters like you can’t believe. We haven’t seen anything like it.” Remember, Dawn? You were transcribing the interview. (interruption) She’s there nodding her head.

“Daniel Kreiss, a professor at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill’s School of [Communist] Journalism and Mass [Spread of Communism], wrote me that in the arena of digital politics, Trump is the beneficiary of a major advantage: ‘The fact that Trump is an incumbent, without a significant primary challenger, means that his team and the Republican National Committee have had three years to build tools, collect data, test models and messaging, and mobilize supporters.'”

There’s nothing stopping the Democrats from doing this. “Oh, yes, there is! They don’t have a nominee.” That doesn’t stop the DNC from getting ready. This is the difference. Mr. Edsall, I have to tell you, it’s not the reason Democrats are lagging behind. The reason Democrats are lagging behind is they still haven’t accepted that Trump won. They still look at Trump and see somebody illegitimate! They see Trump and they see somebody who didn’t deserve to win that cheated.

They think their reelection in 2020 is in the bag! They think impeachment’s in the bag. They thought Russian collusion was in the bag. They thought the golden showers story was in the bag. They thought the Mueller report was in the bag. They think Adam Schiff is in the bag. They all are in the bag, but what are they breathing in that bag? These people are being crippled by their own arrogance. You can see it in this dark and dank debate last night.

Oh, my God. Folks, I look I don’t want to keep repeating myself, but it was just strange. That the whole night, there was no energy. You contrast that night last night with a Republican debate with Trump in it. It’s a difference in going to a disco at night and a funeral! There was no energy, despite Elizabeth Warren’s bobbleheaded mannerisms. And that was about… Well, Amy Klobuchar has her own version of those.

The overall theme of the Democrat debate was the belief that everyone in this country is helpless that is a victim, clinging to every word uttered by some government savior who’s gonna solve every problem! And that’s literally the kind of voter that they have created. They have created a bunch of people waiting. They have created a bunch of people hanging on, waiting, hoping that somebody from government’s gonna come along and make things affordable.

But what they really hope — and this is the key. They really hope that Republicans and the rich are gonna get hurt by policy. That’s what the Democrats have fostered. So you have an audience caught up in all these dystopian themes that America is unfair, illegitimate, and unjust, racist, sexist, bigot, homophobic. America is only for a select few, and everybody else is left out, doesn’t have a prayer unless the Democrats get even with people.

And that’s what Democrat voters are waiting for. Their happiness — their quest, their hope for happiness — is defined by Republicans and the rich being harmed, and it was a window into how these people see each and every day. Meanwhile, Donald Trump is upbeat, optimistic, energetic; you can’t stop him. His rallies are filled with happy, upbeat, excited people who can’t wait to vote again, who are very much into what Donald Trump is doing as president.

And they simply don’t have a way to compete with it. Now here comes Thomas B. Edsall, “Trump Is Winning the Online War.” Let me tell you, it’s even worse than that.
Support the USO