Author Topic: Trump massively undermined Mike Pence's mission to stop Turkey's invasion of Syria, saying publicly  (Read 359 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politics
Trump massively undermined Mike Pence's mission to stop Turkey's invasion of Syria, saying publicly that it's none of his business
October 17, 2019, 3:02 AM PDT

US Vice President Mike Pence is on his way to Turkey to urge President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to stop his offensive on Kurdish fighters in northeastern Syria.

The US has called for a ceasefire, but Erdogan has so far refused because he sees the Kurds as terrorists. The Kurdish forces were the US' allies in fighting ISIS in Syria.

But President Donald Trump undermined Pence's negotiating position on Wednesday, just as Pence was leaving, by saying that fighting in Syria is "between Turkey and Syria. It's not between Turkey and Syria and the United States."

Trump paved the way for the Turkish incursion earlier this month by abruptly withdrawing US troops from northeastern Syria.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/trump-massively-undermined-mike-pences-100220826.html

Yes he did.  He actually put a brick wall up.  His message is that the US has nothing to do with it so why would Pence go?  Trump has a soup of responses to this incursion.  He has also said he didn't care who protected the Kurds.  Syria Russia or Napolean  Bonapart.  He just says whatever he thinks is going to sound funny out of his mouth.  Yesterday it was that the Kurds are more of a terrorist than ISIS.  Not realizing that he just said that we have been fighting ISIS with the Kurds who he says are worse.  If it was true, which it isn't we would have been aiding an enemy terrorist organization.  Also this breaks with our Allies Israel who have only praise the Kurds.  He's making the crap up as he goes.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 02:18:05 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gee imagine that.  *****rollingeyes*****
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
More experts from Yahoo chiming it.

Nobody knows a GD thing about these so-called negotiations.  First I hear Erdogan wants to negotiate removing troops from a country not named "Turkey," then announced he will not see Pence and Pompeo, then I hear they're meeting right now, then I hear Erdogan is refusing to meet with anybody but Trump.  Then I hear about 10,000 ISIS fighters have been released, given guns, and one-way plane tickets to Berlin.  (OK, I made up that last part.  I heard about it from Shemp Smith, reporting from the Unemployment line.)

With this level of Cluster-grab in the coverage, I have no clue who or what to believe, so I have to resign myself to not giving a crap.  The only thing I know for sure is we have no idea what's going on, and the press is being it's usual help.

Please wake me up when we hear somebody actually talked to somebody else, and then decided to do something other than ordering Chinese take-away.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nobody knows a GD thing about these so-called negotiations.  First I hear Erdogan wants to negotiate removing troops from a country not named "Turkey," then announced he will not see Pence and Pompeo, then I hear they're meeting right now, then I hear Erdogan is refusing to meet with anybody but Trump.  Then I hear about 10,000 ISIS fighters have been released, given guns, and one-way plane tickets to Berlin.  (OK, I made up that last part.  I heard about it from Shemp Smith, reporting from the Unemployment line.)

With this level of Cluster-grab in the coverage, I have no clue who or what to believe, so I have to resign myself to not giving a crap.  The only thing I know for sure is we have no idea what's going on, and the press is being it's usual help.

Please wake me up when we hear somebody actually talked to somebody else, and then decided to do something other than ordering Chinese take-away.

@Cyber Liberty well we know tis much from Erdogan's Foreign Minister:

TRT World
✔
@trtworld
Replying to @trtworld
"Pause in Turkey's operation in Syria is not a cease-fire, cease-fire can only happen between two legitimate sides" - Turkey's Cavusoglu

Axios
✔
@axios
Replying to @axios
Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu: "This is not a ceasefire. We will pause the operation for 120 hours in order for the terrorists to leave. We will only stop the operation if our conditions are met."

and it looks like the SDF are saying pump the brakes too:

BREAKING: SDF spokesman rejects terms of cease fire agreed between Turkey & US https://t.co/RImqoIybUv

— Conflict News (@Conflicts) October 17, 2019

NORTH PRESS AGENCY
@NPA_SY
#Breaking

N/E Syria Official Aldar Khalil:
We've previously stated that the proposal of Turkey's entering a depth of 30 km inside Syrian territories, is rejected.

12:28 PM - Oct 17, 2019
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline berdie

I totally agree. It would be such a refreshing change if we knew what was actually going on. We may in about 10 years of retrospect...or maybe not.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty well we know tis much from Erdogan's Foreign Minister:

and it looks like the SDF are saying pump the brakes too:

Am I to believe Erdogan's Foreign Minister?  Is he more trustworthy, or less so than Pence or Pompeo? 

Can you understand my frustration and confusion?  They only thing I see anybody agreeing on is Trump is a buffoon, which is exactly what I've been hearing about him since 2015, just pick a subject.

I don't know a GD thing today that I didn't know a week ago.  Everything, and I mean everything, contradicts everything else.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Am I to believe Erdogan's Foreign Minister?  Is he more trustworthy, or less so than Pence or Pompeo? 

Can you understand my frustration and confusion?  They only thing I see anybody agreeing on is Trump is a buffoon, which is exactly what I've been hearing about him since 2015, just pick a subject.

I don't know a GD thing today that I didn't know a week ago.  Everything, and I mean everything, contradicts everything else.

No I understand.  And if you're frustrated...imaging how his press office and media relations people feel. 

But when you think about it...Pence and Pompeo from what I've seen...haven't said a thing...it was Trump out there crowing about "peace in our time" before it had been confirmed all parties agreed to the deal.

It's like with everything else in the media these days...everyone is rushing to be first...instead of being accurate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The US has called for a ceasefire, but Erdogan has so far refused because he sees the Kurds as terrorists.

And they are - at least the faction up near Turkey's border.  Turkey has as much right to deal with terrorists operating near its border as we do with our border.   

The Kurds aren't angels.  None of 'em are.   We have no business getting in the middle of these tribal conflicts, except to the extent our own peace and security are affected.   Meanwhile, Turkey is dealing not only with terrorists,  but millions of refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict.  Don't swiftly condemn the Turks until you've walked a mile in their moccasins.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And they are - at least the faction up near Turkey's border.  Turkey has as much right to deal with terrorists operating near its border as we do with our border.   

The Kurds aren't angels.  None of 'em are.   We have no business getting in the middle of these tribal conflicts, except to the extent our own peace and security are affected.   Meanwhile, Turkey is dealing not only with terrorists,  but millions of refugees fleeing the Syrian conflict.  Don't swiftly condemn the Turks until you've walked a mile in their moccasins.

According to Democrats, we don't have the right to repel terrorists, even if they are on our side of the border.  They're all fine human beings, just looking for a better life.  the kind where all infidels are dead. 
I will NOT comply.