Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke: If You Don’t Hand over Your AR-15 We’ll Take It  (Read 1550 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You should consider making your own. Its kinda fun.

QFT, relatively easy, and you get exactly what you want. There are a number of companies that sell components and it is easy to mix and match. Palmetto State Armory 

@verga

Why? I don't want one,and don't even like the damn things. Firing full-auto has always seemed to me like an excellent way to run out of ammo right when you need it the most. I rarely fired full-auto in VN unless it was an ambush situation,or it was trying to break contact to escape.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
You should consider making your own. Its kinda fun.

Thanks @skeeter.

My son has built several so I may get him to help me do just that.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
QFT, relatively easy, and you get exactly what you want. There are a number of companies that sell components and it is easy to mix and match. Palmetto State Armory https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AH0iEO4XL7ZqXad-vwHJCCaqD_Q?.src=fp
And MidwayUSA https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AByUrmVezRuXXacP_QOV-Kt6dgI?.src=fp have some great sles from time to time. Both have great customer service as well.

I've been using Primary Arms and they are just a short drive from the house.

https://www.primaryarms.com/

And if you get the urge to build a Wildcat then Mad Dog Weapons System has quite a selection to choose from.

https://www.maddogweapons.com/

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

@verga

Why? I don't want one,and don't even like the damn things. Firing full-auto has always seemed to me like an excellent way to run out of ammo right when you need it the most. I rarely fired full-auto in VN unless it was an ambush situation,or it was trying to break contact to escape.
I was actually replying to @skeeter reply to @Bigun.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

Just imagine the vapors they would get if they got hold of an older box of 22 rimfires,and read the message that it will shoot for a mile. After all,if a 22 rimfire will shoot for a mile,how far will one of those high-powered .223's shoot,never mind a 30/06?

@sneakypete

It will be incremental I guess.  Like with everything else with Liberals once they get rid of something...they'll make the next bullet/gun/magazine in line the target to villify and condem as a "killing machine".  They'll ban the AR platform then someone will point out that the Ruger Mini 14 shoots the same "high power" bullet.  And so on and so on.

I'm probably gonna stay off their radar for as long as possible by going old school and getting a Cowboy Assault Rifle.

I have always wondered how they managed to find and visit a planet with no gravity back in the 50's.

Thankfully for the rest of us that stuff was discovered before the cancer of Progressiveism and Liberalism had fully taken hold.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:00:52 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

QFT, relatively easy, and you get exactly what you want. There are a number of companies that sell components and it is easy to mix and match. Palmetto State Armory https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AH0iEO4XL7ZqXad-vwHJCCaqD_Q?.src=fp
And MidwayUSA https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AByUrmVezRuXXacP_QOV-Kt6dgI?.src=fp have some great sles from time to time. Both have great customer service as well.

Agree. There're many different variations of each component so its possible to get exactly what suits you. An adult tinker toy.

Offline libertybele

Excellent post; ah ... the 'will' to use a handgun.  That is exactly what I had to overcome in deciding to get my concealed; did I have the courage to use a weapon against my fellow man in order to defend myself?  I struggled with that question and then the OJ trial was televised.  It was then that I realized that absolutely I could; that scenario became entrenched in my head. I took a concealed course that spanned over 3 weeks, and the instructor walked us through various different scenarios to visualize to make sure we had the right mindset.  We also had to show proficiency with our weapon in order to pass.  Much to my amazement and the instructor's I scored a perfect 10 out of 10. I have never ever regretted my decision.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@roamer_1

They are pretty useless where you live. Get a M1 Garand or a M1A instead.

Or mo betta,a FN-FAL.
Just get an AR-10. (M1A and FN-FAL are good choices, too.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

Just get an AR-10. (M1A and FN-FAL are good choices, too.)

You can get AR-15 in a lot of different calibers.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/build-an-ar-15-ar-calibers/

Mine is done in 7.62x39mm.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I heard yesterday from my County Supervisor friend the Board of Supervisors is considering making ours a "Second Amendment Sanctuary."  The idea is, if the National or State governments decide to pass laws that violate the 2nd Amendment, those laws will not be enforced upon the County citizens, and outside agents attempting to do so will be ejected from the Jurisdiction.

If passed by the Supervisors, we'll be the first County in the nation to do so.

They will address it at the next Board meeting on November 4th.  I plan on being there.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

...If passed by the Supervisors, we'll be the first County in the nation to do so....

TEXAS BORDER COUNTY PASSES GOA-BACKED SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY RESOLUTION
https://gunowners.org/texas-boarder-county-passes-goa-backed-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolution/
11 July 2019

Hood County calls itself a 'Second Amendment sanctuary county'
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/hood-county-calls-itself-second-amendment-sanctuary-county/287-84ddc19e-dab2-4e1c-8d97-ae1f80faba41
 October 8, 2019

Second Amendment 'sanctuary county' movement expands as organizers take aim at new gun laws
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html
APR 17, 2019

...the “Second Amendment sanctuary county” movement, which began in Effingham and now includes 64 of the state’s 102 counties, counties in three other states, and nine more states in which counties are eyeing similar nonbinding measures.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:47:23 pm by thackney »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
TEXAS BORDER COUNTY PASSES GOA-BACKED SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY RESOLUTION
https://gunowners.org/texas-boarder-county-passes-goa-backed-second-amendment-sanctuary-resolution/
11 July 2019

Hood County calls itself a 'Second Amendment sanctuary county'
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/hood-county-calls-itself-second-amendment-sanctuary-county/287-84ddc19e-dab2-4e1c-8d97-ae1f80faba41
 October 8, 2019

Second Amendment 'sanctuary county' movement expands as organizers take aim at new gun laws
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-met-second-amendment-sanctuary-county-movement-illinois-20190416-story.html
APR 17, 2019

...the “Second Amendment sanctuary county” movement, which began in Effingham and now includes 64 of the state’s 102 counties, counties in three other states, and nine more states in which counties are eyeing similar nonbinding measures.....

News to me...Safety in numbers.  I should look these up and take what I find to the Meeting, so we can see whats been done in the past.

The Devil's in the details.  "Non-binding" means not worth the paper it's written on, that I know. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slide Rule

Politicians always think of something that others ought to do.

Confiscating guns is such a thing.

I think the confiscating would be smoother if the politician
promoting such a plan showed the way. You know personal
involvement in the plan. To show just how sincere they
were about confiscating. Or if the buyback term is more
soothing then a buyback with personal involvement. No
large display of force but just two people peering into
each other's eyes at a distance of two feet.

Show the way and go door to door and collect the guns
and pay with a personal check or cash say the first
1,000 such firearms.

It would give the politician and the citizen that up close
personal feeling so necessary in eliminating the 2nd
ammendment.

It is always a valuable service in eliminating the least
serviceable members of our population. We could call it
Beto day and erect appropriate statues in remembrance.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Beto is just an idiot.  Actual confiscation wouldn't require going door to door.  You'd simply sweep bank accounts, arrest people at work, etc..  Most people who aren't willing to turn over their guns just because the government demands it might change their minds if they didn't have money to feed their kids, etc..  That's just reality.

That's how he should be answering these questions if he's going to support such a stupid and unconstitutional policy at all.  Instead, he makes the ridiculous "door to door" argument, which even the feebleminded can see would result in violence.

He's just not a very bright guy.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@verga

Exactly.  Pray and spray looks great on TV until you remember that someone has to tote all that ammo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly.  Pray and spray looks great on TV until you remember that someone has to tote all that ammo.

@Maj. Bill Martin

IIRC,my basic load of 5.56mm rifle ammunition in VN was 37 magazines,and a couple of times I was worried about running out before the helicopters could pull us out.
And that ain't counting stuff like grenades or pistol ammo.

At times teams under heavy fire that couldn't be pulled because the helicopters trying to pull them were getting shot out of the sky,a Huey slick would fly over the surrounded team and the door gunners would throw out sandbags full of loaded magazines and M-79 ammo.

You don't have to hear how astoundingly loud the "click" is when a hammer falls on an empty chamber while in a firefight but once to lose any love you may have had for full-auto fire.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 02:11:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

IIRC,my basic load of 5.56mm rifle ammunition in VN was 37 magazines,and a couple of times I was worried about running out before the helicopters could pull us out.
And that ain't counting stuff like grenades or pistol ammo.

At times teams under heavy fire that couldn't be pulled because the helicopters trying to pull them were getting shot out of the sky,a Huey slick would fly over the surrounded team and the door gunners would throw out sandbags full of loaded magazines and M-79 ammo.

You don't have to hear how astoundingly loud the "click" is when a hammer falls on an empty chamber while in a firefight but once to lose any love you may have had for full-auto fire.

And not every other unit is going to have that same level of logistical support, either, which would make it that much worse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And not every other unit is going to have that same level of logistical support, either, which would make it that much worse.

@Maj. Bill Martin

That is VERY true,and it MUST be pointed out that back then SF didn't have our own aviation outfits. These were pilots and crews from units like the 4th Infantry Division giving up airlift support and cover,and besides the helicopter gun ships,it was USAF and USN pilots in fighter-bombers giving us close air support. It's a crying damn shame these people never got the credit they deserved. WE were all volunteers going into Laos,Cambodia,and North Vietnam of our own free will,and we could even quit anytime we wanted by just saying "I quit".

THEY didn't have the luxury of being able to volunteer,never mind the luxury of saying "Nope,not going to do it again." Yet they still jumped into their helicopters and flew to our rescue,knowing they were going to get shot at a LOT trying to extract us,and that if they got shot down,the only hope they had of rescue was the very 6 man recon team they had been trying to extract. On one of their normal missions,they would have had virtually unlimited access to aircraft and crews to try to rescue them if they were shot down.

I hope that one day these men get the recognition they deserve.