Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke: If You Don’t Hand over Your AR-15 We’ll Take It  (Read 1553 times)

Online roamer_1

Beto is exactly what Conservatives need.

His continued trumpeting like this on the Democrat debate stage cannot be swept under the rug by the Dems or media.

Ordinary people will realize this constitutes both the outspoken and hidden beliefs of Dems.

Beto needs to remain on the stage and be very visible.

Actually, he probably won't matter... Unless he's the candidate, which he won't be. By the first of the year, he'll be down the memory hole.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

His continued trumpeting like this on the Democrat debate stage cannot be swept under the rug by the Dems or media.

Ordinary people will realize this constitutes both the outspoken and hidden beliefs of Dems.

Bingo.  If I recall a decade ago the Dems were actively trying to stifle their members on this issue, knowing it was an automatic electoral loser. 

And that makes sense, because there's no one who's more motivated to vote than someone convinced his or her rights are going to be taken away.   Just as the abortion issue is a loser for conservatives,  so is the gun issue a loser for liberals.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Actually, he probably won't matter... Unless he's the candidate, which he won't be. By the first of the year, he'll be down the memory hole.

No,  but he can still be presented as representing the "true" position of the radicalized Dem party.   Exploit this to the hilt to motivate the conservative base to the polls.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online roamer_1

No,  but he can still be presented as representing the "true" position of the radicalized Dem party.   Exploit this to the hilt to motivate the conservative base to the polls.

Right. I get it. But whoever the candidate is, they will move right to appear moderate. And all of the firebrand stuff will disappear. Pointing at the loser isn't going to do much.

Offline libertybele

Listened to Limbaugh for a few minutes in the car and he was talking about this. Basically he called Beto a 'freak' and an 'idiot'.  I think that sums things up about him quite accurately.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter
Yeah, Utah even... or AZ if you can take the heat... But I reckon if you can get up in the Sierras, them good ol boys ain't gonna pay no mind to Sacramento... I punched cows with a bunch of them cowboys, and they ain't no different than right up here.

This'd be more practical than Idaho. I even know a few of em up in Gold Country.

Offline berdie

That's the truth! There is no doubt in my mind that the Dems want to put their hands over his mouth and say "Shush up, puppy, we don't say those things right now". Truthfully, they want to say this to Bernie as well but he has too many supporters.

Offline RetBobbyMI

"Basically he [Rush Limbaugh] called Beto a 'freak' and an 'idiot'.  I think that sums things up about him quite accurately.
well, that could go towards describing many Democrats (if not most) and the numerous RINOs.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What's funny to me about the quest to ban the AR-15 is that Libs recoil in horror at the sight of a "high power" 5.56/.223 round...but think nothing and say nothing about more powerful rounds out there like the .30-30 or the .30-06 or a 7.62/.308.

The least "high power" round you could find aside from some of the rimfire round makes them piss their pants...but the other .30 caliber rounds they are like..."meh".

Just goes to show how little these Progressive facists know about weapons.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

I wonder when/if the Dems and MSM will figure out that these "townhalls" and Free Shit Auctions are giving Trump lots of campaign ad material.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

Quote from: txradioguy link=topic=379428.msg2076587#msg2076587 date=1571263298}

Just goes to show how little these Progressive fascists know about weapons.
[/quote

And thats a good thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
[quote author=txradioguy link=topic=379428.msg2076587#msg2076587 date=1571263298}

Just goes to show how little these Progressive fascists know about weapons.

And thats a good thing.

Indeed it is
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
"What Good Can A Handgun Do Against an Army?"

http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/2008/07/vanderboegh-handgun-against-army-ten.html

A friend of mine forwarded me a question a friend of his had posed:

"If/when our Federal Government comes to pilfer, pillage, plunder our property and destroy our lives, what good can a handgun do against an army with advanced weaponry, tanks, missiles, planes, or whatever else they might have at their disposal to achieve their nefarious goals? (I'm not being facetious: I accept the possibility that what happened in Germany, or similar, could happen here; I'm just not sure that the potential good from an armed citizenry in such a situation outweighs the day-to-day problems caused by masses of idiots who own guns.)"

If I may, I'd like to try to answer that question. I certainly do not think the writer facetious for asking it. The subject is a serious one to which I have given much research and considerable thought. I believe that upon the answer to this question depends the future of our Constitutional republic, our liberty and perhaps our lives.

My friend Aaron Zelman, one of the founders of Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership told me once:

"If every Jewish and anti-nazi family in Germany had owned a Mauser rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition AND THE WILL TO USE IT (emphasis supplied - MBV), Adolf Hitler would be a little-known footnote to the history of the Weimar Republic."

Note well that phrase: "and the will to use it," for the simply-stated question, "What good can a handgun do against an army?", is in fact a complex one and must be answered at length and carefully.

It is a military question.

It is also a political question.

But above all it is a moral question which strikes to the heart of what makes men free, and what makes them slaves.

First, let's answer the military question.

Most military questions have both a strategic and a tactical component.

Let's first consider the tactical.

More at link.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/policereports/article/Stolen-pistol-leads-to-reckless-endangerment-14486880.php

From Connecticut:
STAMFORD — After reporting that his gun had been stolen out of his open car on Monday night, a city man was arrested on a reckless endangerment charge.

Sgt. Jennifer Pinto said police were called to Reynolds Avenue at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday on a report of a car burglary that involved a stolen gun. The owner of the car, Christopher Jerome, 26, parked his car at about 8:20 p.m. Monday and, thinking that he was going to get back into the car a short time later, did not lock the doors.

When he got up the next morning, Jerome saw that his driver’s side door was open and his gun had been taken out of the unlocked glove box, Pinto said. Jerome presented his pistol permit to officers and told them that he had more firearms in his home.

Because of the circumstances of the theft, police went into the home and took the guns, a semiautomatic Glock pistol, another handgun and a semi-automatic AR-15.
===============
Fishrrman speaking:
I had a post I put into this forum earlier removed in its entirety without at trace. Just too explicit for the topic, I guess.

But if you think that the democrat-communists -- once they have the full power of government behind them again -- aren't going to try to do just what the dirt-eater O'Rourke is shouting about, well... you'd better think again.

Sooner or later, it's comin' down the road, right at you.

As was in my earlier post, the byline:
"What will you do when they come to take your guns?"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What's funny to me about the quest to ban the AR-15 is that Libs recoil in horror at the sight of a "high power" 5.56/.223 round...but think nothing and say nothing about more powerful rounds out there like the .30-30 or the .30-06 or a 7.62/.308.

The least "high power" round you could find aside from some of the rimfire round makes them piss their pants...but the other .30 caliber rounds they are like..."meh".

@txradioguy

They know they don't like them and are afraid of them. They also know the reason why they don't like and are afraid of them is the only people who DO like them are redneck retard alcoholics with single digit IQ's who dream of murdering their whole family. They know this because it is what they have been programmed to believe.

Kinda makes you wonder who the real retards are,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

They know they don't like them and are afraid of them. They also know the reason why they don't like and are afraid of them is the only people who DO like them are redneck retard alcoholics with single digit IQ's who dream of murdering their whole family. They know this because it is what they have been programmed to believe.

Kinda makes you wonder who the real retards are,doesn't it?

@sneakypete thankfully on this issue the retards make themselves known pretty quickly so there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind who they are.

I’ve wracked my brain trying to figure out what exactly in the Libs mind makes a 5.56 “high power” and the only thing I can come up with is the fact that the max point target...max area target and max overall ranges are what they are.

In a Libs mind a bullet traveling that far HAS to be “high power”.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete thankfully on this issue the retards make themselves known pretty quickly so there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind who they are.

I’ve wracked my brain trying to figure out what exactly in the Libs mind makes a 5.56 “high power” and the only thing I can come up with is the fact that the max point target...max area target and max overall ranges are what they are.

In a Libs mind a bullet traveling that far HAS to be “high power”.

@txradioguy

Just imagine the vapors they would get if they got hold of an older box of 22 rimfires,and read the message that it will shoot for a mile. After all,if a 22 rimfire will shoot for a mile,how far will one of those high-powered .223's shoot,never mind a 30/06?

I have always wondered how they managed to find and visit a planet with no gravity back in the 50's.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've personally never owned an AR-type weapon but Robert Francis makes me want to go buy one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've personally never owned an AR-type weapon but Robert Francis makes me want to go buy one.

@Bigun

LOL! I have "possessed" a bunch of them,starting with an actual selective-fire AR15 in 1964 after arriving at Bragg and going to SF,and ending with selective-fire CAR-15's in VN,but never had any desire to own one until every leftist in the US started screaming to have them banned. I figured I just HAD to have something that powerful before they were banned,so I now have one. Makes a pretty handy house or car rifle if it is the CAR version. I think I may have even fired it 10 years or so ago.

NOBODY has been better gun salesmen than the gun-grabbers,NOBODY!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

They know nothing and yet they think they can pontificate about guns and take our private property. They know the names AR-15 and AK 47 and they think that is sufficient.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

I honestly believe that the anti gun idiots like Beto and others will be throughly shocked at just how many law enforcement agencies from the city to the state level will refuse to carry out such an order.

Same for the military.
I live in the sticks, and literally every single cop I have met has at least 1 AR-15 and or an AK-47. Pretty sure they will not be giving them up.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

You should consider making your own. Its kinda fun.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

LOL! I have "possessed" a bunch of them,starting with an actual selective-fire AR15 in 1964 after arriving at Bragg and going to SF,and ending with selective-fire CAR-15's in VN,but never had any desire to own one until every leftist in the US started screaming to have them banned. I figured I just HAD to have something that powerful before they were banned,so I now have one. Makes a pretty handy house or car rifle if it is the CAR version. I think I may have even fired it 10 years or so ago.

NOBODY has been better gun salesmen than the gun-grabbers,NOBODY!

When I say that I have never personally possessed one I meant personally owned one @sneakypete .  I have been issued many of the government-owned variety.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I honestly believe that the anti gun idiots like Beto and others will be throughly shocked at just how many law enforcement agencies from the city to the state level will refuse to carry out such an order.

Same for the military.

@txradioguy

I am going to be shocked if they DON'T refuse to confiscate weapons. I know and am semi-friendly with a BUNCH of them,and if there has ever been such a thing as "wear red and march in a straight line",it is the modern cops. Used to be the typical cop was a veteran that needed a job,and when a job as a cop was offered,took it. They were there to earn a living and protect their friends and neighbors,NOT to be the "caped crusaders" of today who are more like "South Park" "You WILL respect my Authoratay!" flesh and blood versions of Eric Cartman. Law Enforcement is more of a religion to them than it is a job. I honestly think most would work as cops for free if they had to and had enough money they could afford to do it.

I have no doubt most of them would be able to convince themselves to overlook weapons possession by certain people they know personally and trust,but if one you don't know and are friendly with comes knocking on your door to look for weapons,he is not going to "accidentally miss" a few while he is there.

I once had a local deputy come knocking on my door around midnight maybe 20 years ago. At that time he was one of only two deputies on patrol at night in a pretty big county,and was responding to a big party and a bonfire in a farmer's field. He was to go there,make them put out the fire,and leave,and if necessary,arrest anyone who resisted/threatened him.

He asked me would I mind grabbing my 45 and coming with him in case of emergency. He told me to stay in the car and say and do nothing unless he was attacked.

I can't imagine any of the deputies here today doing such a thing even if they needed help. They would just call for help and have someone get out of bed or maybe a deputy from another county come help them.

We also have a new sheriff,and I can't imagine this sheriff going out of his way to tell me he would sign off on my buying a machine  gun if I wanted one,like the last two sheriffs. No,I DON'T want one or I would have already gotten it,but it's the thought that counts. 

True story. I MIGHT be the one most responsible for our sheriff at the time signing on to legal CCW permits. When the state was considering it they did a survey of the local sheriffs to get their opinions,and I heard ours was against it,so I went to his office to see him and talk with him about it. He and I had know each other for years,so him agreeing to see me was no big deal. I asked him about his position and why he thought that way,and after he told me about the "danger of " civilians" (he had never served even a single day in the military) carrying concealed weapons,I told him he was full of crap (NOT the word I used) and told him "I have been carrying a gun on me damn near every day of my life,and you know it and have never been scared of me with a gun before,so why would you be scared of me walking around with a permit to carry a concealed gun? Hell,I have one in my pocket now. Want to see it?"

He thought about it for a minute or so,and actually told me I had changed his mind and he would sign up for the program.

He got even,though. The day before the state started issued CCW permits he called me on the phone and told me I had damned sure better be standing in his office the next morning at 9 AM and applying for a permit,because he was going to personally fingerprint me and send it off to the state. He also told his secretary,who became sheriff after he retired,to just go ahead and sign his name to any weapons permit I wanted,including machine guns,without bothering him about it. She laughed and said ok,and when she became sheriff a few years later,asked me if I wanted a machine gun permit.

I don't see the new sheriff thinking this way. I have even heard him say "My prime concern is that my officers go home safe every night.",when it SHOULD be his main concern is for the safety of the citizens whose taxes pay his salary. He has even got a few of the "free" armored cars coming back from the Muddle East,has a SWAT squad DESPITE there never ONCE being any history of a barricaded suspect,and has a designated sniper team he sent off somewhere at public expense to attend a sniper school. HOO RAH!,although "HOO HAH!" might be more appropriate.

I'd like to be wrong. I even hope I am wrong,but I don't think so.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:19:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline verga

You should consider making your own. Its kinda fun.
QFT, relatively easy, and you get exactly what you want. There are a number of companies that sell components and it is easy to mix and match. Palmetto State Armory https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AH0iEO4XL7ZqXad-vwHJCCaqD_Q?.src=fp
And MidwayUSA https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/AByUrmVezRuXXacP_QOV-Kt6dgI?.src=fp have some great sles from time to time. Both have great customer service as well.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.