Author Topic: Judge Orders Release of Ailing Muslim Cleric Convicted of Supporting Taliban  (Read 267 times)

rangerrebew

Judge Orders Release of Ailing Muslim Cleric Convicted of Supporting Taliban

12 Oct 2019
Miami Herald | By By Jay Weaver

Despite opposition from the U.S. government, a federal judge ordered the release Friday of former Miami imam Hafiz Khan, ruling that because the convicted Taliban supporter is dying at a North Carolina prison facility, he no longer poses a terrorism threat and can be transferred to a hospice care center.

U.S. District Judge Robert Scola granted the "compassionate release" request made by the 84-year-old Muslim cleric's three sons and the Miami Federal Public Defender's Office under a new law known as the First Step Act.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/10/12/judge-orders-release-ailing-muslim-cleric-convicted-supporting-taliban.html

rangerrebew

Didn't the Lockerbie bomber claim the same sort of thing, terminal cancer, only to have a "miraculous" recovery after he got to his home bombing center? :pondering:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So let him die in prison, lots of other dying prisoners weren't released just because they were dying and this one could incite real violence upon his release. I say treat him the same way people of his ilk treat their prisoners..................off with his head!

My brother would have told me that what I wasn't being a good Catholic for what I just wrote but :pondering:..................screw it he's got a brain tumor and hasn't made a good decision or made sense in years.