Author Topic: California governor signs bill limiting oil, gas development  (Read 909 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

California governor signs bill limiting oil, gas development
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:05:29 am »
California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday signed a law intended to counter Trump administration plans to increase oil and gas production on protected public land.

The measure bars any California leasing authority from allowing pipelines or other oil and gas infrastructure to be built on state property. It makes it difficult for drilling to occur because federally protected areas are adjacent to state-owned land.

The law sends a “clear message to (President Donald) Trump that we will fight to protect these beautiful lands for current and future generations,” said Democratic Assemblyman Al Muratsuchi, who introduced it.

Ann Alexander, an attorney with the Natural Resources Defense Council, praised the law and other environmental measures the governor has signed.

“These bills are important steps toward prioritizing California’s communities over the oil industry.” Alexander said. “In a perfect California, we wouldn’t be producing or using oil at all, and we hope to get there soon. But in the California we live in now, the governor and the legislature have recognized the need to protect our citizens from the threats that the oil industry poses to our health and environment.”

https://www.breitbart.com/news/california-governor-signs-bill-limiting-oil-gas-development/#
Let that one sink in.  California prefers to sink into the stone ages.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: California governor signs bill limiting oil, gas development
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:30:57 am »
Let that one sink in.  California prefers to sink into the stone ages.
Let 'em. Just don't let them drag the rest of us with them.

Did the Chinese release something into the water supply over there?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:49:04 pm »
Let 'em. Just don't let them drag the rest of us with them.

Did the Chinese release something into the water supply over there?

Notice that Sacramento County was not cut off. I wonder why? It's just the state government there. And no one is calling out Newsom as a hypocrite for making sure power stayed on for the state government and it's employees and parasites.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:20:10 am »
Notice that Sacramento County was not cut off. I wonder why? It's just the state government there. And no one is calling out Newsom as a hypocrite for making sure power stayed on for the state government and it's employees and parasites.
Standard "Rules for thee, but not for me" approach. What did anyone expect?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 11:58:06 pm »
How would the laws of eminent domain (insofar as they apply to energy companies, pipeline companies, etc.) fit in here?