Author Topic: Donald Trump Drives Home Urgency to End ‘Never Ending Wars’ in Emotional Speech  (Read 948 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Drives Home Urgency to End ‘Never Ending Wars’ in Emotional Speech

Charlie Spiering 12 Oct 2019

President Donald Trump spoke at length about the sense of urgency to move troops out of the Middle East on Saturday, defending his decision not to defend the Kurds from Turkish aggression in Syria.

“These wars, they never end,” Trump said. “And we have to bring our great soldiers back from the never-ending wars.”

The president spoke to his supporters at a Value Voter Summit in Washington, DC, acknowledging the difficulty of the ongoing conflict in Syria.

Trump argued that the contested area in Syria was only about 22 miles of borderland in Turkey, and that the Kurds had been fighting the conflict for years.

“Let them have their borders,” he said, referring to Turkey, “But I don’t think that our soldiers should be there for the next 50 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders at home.”

The crowd applauded Trump’s remarks, especially when he reminded them that the Islamic State was defeated in the Middle East.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/12/donald-trump-drives-home-urgency-end-never-ending-wars-emotional-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Its a pretty convincing argument while he pockets the proceeds of selling our troops to Saudi Arabia.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,379050.0.html
Trump brags he’s renting out U.S. military to Saudi Arabia: “They’re paying us for everything!”

Dan Crenshaw @DanCrenshawTX
23h
Situation when we were there: relative peace.

We leave:
-Turkey attacks our Kurdish allies -shoots artillery at US troops
-bombs a prison where ISIS fighters already escaped.
-ISIS car bomb in Qamishli.

That’s just day one.

Which scenario looks more like an endless war?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 03:40:05 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline kevindavis007

To me, it was cut and running
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline aligncare

If an enemy were shelling along the Potomac and landing troop carriers on the beaches of Virginia and the CIC deployed troop out of the region in response, that’s cutting and running. That means something.

Moving a small contingent of troops out of the way of harm in a regional conflict that doesn’t involve our national interests, 6000 miles from the USA, is not cutting and running.

Get a grip.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Then you need a lot more information  ....

Offline Absalom

Suggestions for putting a stop to our 'never ending wars'!
Initiate a forceful purge of our State and Defense bureaucracies,
including the Officer class, who have a vested interest in these conflicts.
Additionally re-focus the attention of the Executive Branch on domestic affairs.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
If an enemy were shelling along the Potomac and landing troop carriers on the beaches of Virginia and the CIC deployed troop out of the region in response, that’s cutting and running. That means something.

Moving a small contingent of troops out of the way of harm in a regional conflict that doesn’t involve our national interests, 6000 miles from the USA, is not cutting and running.

Get a grip.

Well put.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Additionally re-focus the attention of the Executive Branch on domestic affairs.

Sounds like a plan.
Principles matter. Words matter.

@Absalom  On this we agree.   :beer:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

To me it's Wag the Dog, but with real casualties.

Offline Absalom

@Absalom  On this we agree.   :beer:
--------------------------
Virginia we agree on a lot more than you realize.
My core issue w/Trump is direct and simple; it's his BEHAVIOR.
He simply refuses to understand that the entire world watches!!!

--------------------------
Virginia we agree on a lot more than you realize.
My core issue w/Trump is direct and simple; it's his BEHAVIOR.
He simply refuses to understand that the entire world watches!!!

It's not behavior so much as style.  And I don't care about style;  in fact, I've come to enjoy the angst and pearl clutching it causes.  The President says "Marco" and half the elites of all political stripes --- right on cue --- yell "Polo!".   :laugh:

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:48:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline kevindavis007

Then you need a lot more information  ....

Like how we stab our allies in the back?

Offline aligncare

When you hire a president—they’re human, you get the good with the bad.

But you can’t separate out Trump’s work ethic, skills and effectiveness from his personality’s role in achieving his success. It’s a package deal. If he had responded to the avalanche of charges and attacks the same way W responded he would have been buried.

Luckily, Trump has an ample supply of the one to more than make up for the naughty other thing hypocrites like to harp on.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump is right.

Ultimately, if the Kurds aren't able to stand on their own (and they probably can't against Turkey), we just have to let it go.

If we applied the same logic to the Afghans, how long would we have to stay there? It's been 16 years already, and how much has really changed?

If we stayed there 40 more years (doing what we do now), and then left, the islamic extremists would just regroup and "take the place back".

That's how islam works, folks.
If you haven't figured this out by now.... well... you ain't gonna figure it out.

The only "military solution" that will ensure peace for the Kurds...
... is to DESTROY Turkey.
THAT will settle it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Mr. Trump is right.

Ultimately, if the Kurds aren't able to stand on their own (and they probably can't against Turkey), we just have to let it go.

If we applied the same logic to the Afghans, how long would we have to stay there? It's been 16 years already, and how much has really changed?

If we stayed there 40 more years (doing what we do now), and then left, the islamic extremists would just regroup and "take the place back".

That's how islam works, folks.
If you haven't figured this out by now.... well... you ain't gonna figure it out.

The only "military solution" that will ensure peace for the Kurds...
... is to DESTROY Turkey.
THAT will settle it.

Donald Trump has said they are fighting for their land.  But they don't have a state so they don't have a government.  We have given Afghanistan the building block to create a Democracy.  They are elected officials in their own country with elections.  I think its a bit different.

This wasn't just withdrawing troops either.  He had the knowledge that Turkey was going to invade.  He allowed it.  Not same at all.

He gave the green light for Turkey to go in and ethnic cleanse in Syria.  Not withdrawing troops.  Aiding another country to launch a bloody assault on Kurds and allow ISIS loose in a place he bragged was free of them.  Doesn't make sense. 

Nice try.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 11:26:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jpsb

This wasn't just withdrawing troops either.  He had the knowledge that Turkey was going to invade.  He allowed it.  Not same at all.

He gave the green light for Turkey to go in and ethnic cleanse in Syria.  Not withdrawing troops.  Aiding another country to launch a bloody assault on Kurds and allow ISIS loose in a place he bragged was free of them.  Doesn't make sense. 

Nice try.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"He gave the green light for Turkey to go in and ethnic cleanse in Syria."

Did he do so actively?
Did he tell Erdogan, "go get 'em"?
I suspect not.

And don't bother trying to use the term "ethnic cleansing" with me.
It's but another "phony term" like "racism" -- conceived by leftists to promulgate and shape the agendas they wage against us.

Actually, I don't have any problems at all with "ethnicities" in certain countries doing what's necessary to protect their sovereignty and ethnic/cultural unity.

But then, perhaps YOU consider "diversity" to be a strength.
I do not.

BTW, in another posting a day or two ago, I said that when we conquered Iraq, we should have partitioned the country and then CREATED a state for the Kurds.

That would have given them "a state", a homeland.
But we didn't do it then, and I don't think we're going to do it now.

The Turks hate the Kurds.
If they don't go after them now, they will go after them later, when we aren't around.
It is... what it is.

Offline bilo

I wish we had a more thoughtful, investigative media at least then I would have a better understanding of what's going on over there.

I don't like leaving behind people who fought with us. We did it in Vietnam (thank you Rats /s). Now we are leaving the Kurds. However, from what little I've learned there are numerous Kurdish groups. They do not speak a common language, or have a common faith. Some of the Kurds are commies, some are muslim and some are Christian. It's a tough situation, but do we really want to be there forever?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline kevindavis007

I wish we had a more thoughtful, investigative media at least then I would have a better understanding of what's going on over there.

I don't like leaving behind people who fought with us. We did it in Vietnam (thank you Rats /s). Now we are leaving the Kurds. However, from what little I've learned there are numerous Kurdish groups. They do not speak a common language, or have a common faith. Some of the Kurds are commies, some are muslim and some are Christian. It's a tough situation, but do we really want to be there forever?

1. Who cares.
2. Until we shoot every jihadist over there we stay. I don't care how long it takes. We finish the damn job.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

1. Who cares.
2. Until we shoot every jihadist over there we stay. I don't care how long it takes. We finish the damn job.
So denote the branch,  dates of your service here, please.@kevindavis 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:56:36 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Donald Trump has said they are fighting for their land. 

They were fighting ISIS on their land.  We weren't there to support the Kurds in their fight(s) against the Syrian or Turkish governments.

1. Who cares.
2. Until we shoot every jihadist over there we stay.

See #2 is the problem and why the Middle East is a cesspool.  Everyone over there is a jihadist to someone, so you might want to clarify just who you're asking us to shoot.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline libertybele

The amount of troops Trump withdrew is not the problem, the problem is in doing so he allowed ISIS prisoners to escape; this comes after he declared that ISIS was 100% defeated months ago, yet states that ISIS will escape to Europe. Seriously, is he truly that clueless or does he think the American people are that stupid? ( Our southern border is still wide open -- perfect entry for ISIS.)  Then the Pentagon announces that they are seeking $$ to send more troops to Saudi Arabia.  Going against his advisors in the first place was a huge mistake that not only has allowed ISIS to be on the move again, but it cost civilian lives. 

It's hard to buy into this song and dance when all too often what he says and what he does are normally two different things and he opened up the opportunity for us to be fighting ISIS on our soil.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:52:35 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.