Author Topic: Trump brags he’s renting out U.S. military to Saudi Arabia: “They’re paying us for everything!”  (Read 964 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://washingtonpress.com/2019/10/11/trump-brags-hes-renting-out-u-s-military-to-saudi-arabia-theyre-paying-us-for-everything/

President Trump’s two-faced insincerity reared its ugly head on Friday when it was announced that the United States would be deploying an additional 2,000 soldiers to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, along with more jets and missiles in order to “defend it against Iran.” Faced with a surprisingly fierce bipartisan backlash, President Trump has spent the entire week desperately trying to justify his cowardly betrayal of America’s Kurdish allies in Syria by harping on the need to end our “endless wars.”

But it turns out that only applies to military deployments that we don’t directly profit from.

When confronted by the media about the stunning hypocrisy, Trump essentially told the nation that he was renting out our armed forces to the highest bidder. “They buy millions of dollars of merchandise from us!”

"Are you ready? Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing. That is a first. Saudi Arabia, and other countries soon now, but Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing to help them and we appreciate that."

More at link.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In campaign stop with evangelical Christians, Trump defends his actions on Syria
Jan Wolfe

(Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Saturday defended his decision to withdraw troops from northeastern Syria, telling conservative Christian activists that the United States should prioritize protecting its own borders.

U.S. President Donald Trump prays between Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council, and Pastor Andrew Brunson (R) at the Family Research Council's annual gala in Washington, U.S., October 12, 2019. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

“Let them have their borders, but I don’t think our soldiers should be there for the next 50 years guarding a border between Turkey and Syria when we can’t guard our own borders at home,” Trump said in a speech to the Value Voters Summit in Washington, an annual conference of religious conservatives.

Trump was elected in 2016 running on a hard-line immigration policy and has sought to make legal and illegal immigration to the United States more difficult during his more than two years in office, pushing for a wall to be built on the U.S.-Mexico border among other measures.

After a phone call between Trump and Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan last Sunday, Trump made an abrupt policy change and ordered out U.S. forces in northeast Syria who had been fighting with Kurdish YPG militia against Islamic State. Within days Turkey began an offensive against the YPG, which it says is a terrorist group backing Kurdish rebels in Turkey.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-religion-idUSKBN1WS014

I'm commenting some on this as well... in the big thread in world news.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,378388.msg2074257.html#new

But, our allies the Kurds, being insensitive about this. Being Christian is not about being selfish.  In ways, I almost might feel like I, voters like myself have helped create a Frankenstein monster....some good, some bad. Anyway, I'm not going to repeat everything I said over in this other thread here. Just a short summation.  I can see where people say "well, why don't we use that money here?", "Why don't we secure our borders here and not over there",  there is some reason to that kind of thinking. Anyway, more at the other thread. Just adding that in.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A Centrist Democrat and I mean a real Centrist Democrat, not the way they are all very wacky now but if there was a Scoop Jackson type Democrat or a 3rd party centrist, perhaps that would be a viable alternative.

As of now, there are probably a few Senators, I'd prefer over the president. Right now, this is more fuel to the fire and it'd be hard to vote for him again.

I get some of the message, how about doing it with some tact?  This is becoming a bit of a 'mare....

Meaning "nightmare" for those in Rio Linda. Maybe you could get your same point across in being a bit more gentle....  the wheels could come off this, I'm sorry.

Offline aligncare

When the democrats, partnering with media and the intelligence community, has it out for you using disinformation and counterintelligence and flat out lies—then no, there is no polite way to fight back.

You scream it from the rooftops using foul language as needed. THIS WILL NOT STAND!

When the democrats, partnering with media and the intelligence community, has it out for you using disinformation and counterintelligence and flat out lies—then no, there is no polite way to fight back.

You scream it from the rooftops using foul language as needed. THIS WILL NOT STAND!

I agree.  The swearing is really working.  Maybe more tweeting too.

Offline jpsb

That statement would sure make me feel great if I were still in the Marines /s

That statement would sure make me feel great if I were still in the Marines /s
What red blooded American soldier wouldn't want to be purchased for Mohammad bin Salman's military harem?  Beats defending those impoverished Turks.  GET A JOB TURKS!!!

Joe Cirincione @Cirincione

Oct 11
Just so I get this straight: Trump is sending 2,000 more troops to protect the Saudi royal family and pulling troops protecting the stateless Kurds. He has major financial interests in Saudi Arabia and Turkey and none in Kurdish territories. Do I have that right?

Offline Night Hides Not

"Are you ready? Saudi Arabia at my request has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing. That is a first. Saudi Arabia, and other countries soon now, but Saudi Arabia has agreed to pay us for everything we are doing to help them and we appreciate that."

Just great, our soldiers are officially mercenaries.   :3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Is the argument against how the President said what he said or against what the President has done?

IOW, is anyone arguing that Saudi Arabia should not reimburse the United States for our costs to defend and train them?

Show of hands, please.

Offline Night Hides Not

Is the argument against how the President said what he said or against what the President has done?

IOW, is anyone arguing that Saudi Arabia should not reimburse the United States for our costs to defend and train them?

Show of hands, please.

The sheer crassness of Trump’s statement is indefensible, besmirching the honor of the service members being sent to Saudi Arabia.

Our military is now the equivalent of rent a cops, and Trump is the head of Booking.com.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online Right_in_Virginia

The sheer crassness of Trump’s statement is indefensible, besmirching the honor of the service members being sent to Saudi Arabia.

Our military is now the equivalent of rent a cops, and Trump is the head of Booking.com. 

Where's the honor in the United States and her taxpayers being the world's sucker?   :pondering:

Last I heard the Crown Prince, himself, could write a personal check to cover the costs.  Why stop him?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:47:44 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online corbe

Unlike others here @Night Hides Not I get it and I agree.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

Unlike others here @Night Hides Not I get it and I agree.

What is the compelling national security interest? 2,000 servicemen is little more than a tripwire.

Where's the honor in the United States and her taxpayers being the world's sucker?   :pondering:

It is only through MBS's gold that American military can know true honor.

Those people who provide a service without getting the money up front are suckers too

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2019/10/01/doland-trump-campaign-dallas-rally-owes-el-paso/3832570002/
Donald Trump campaign still owes city of El Paso more than $500,000 ahead of Dallas rally

Huge suckers like those taxpayers who forget to file for bankruptcy.

Offline Stevensr123

The *******s still haven't paid for 911, or was it just a massive coincidence basically all the terrorists where from there  :whistle:

The *******s still haven't paid for 911, or was it just a massive coincidence basically all the terrorists where from there  :whistle:
MBS requested that his force of 2,000 US soldiers should have a lot of pilots familiar with commercial planes.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I'm commenting some on this as well... in the big thread in world news.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,378388.msg2074257.html#new

But, our allies the Kurds, being insensitive about this. Being Christian is not about being selfish.  In ways, I almost might feel like I, voters like myself have helped create a Frankenstein monster....some good, some bad. Anyway, I'm not going to repeat everything I said over in this other thread here. Just a short summation.  I can see where people say "well, why don't we use that money here?", "Why don't we secure our borders here and not over there",  there is some reason to that kind of thinking. Anyway, more at the other thread. Just adding that in.

Its pretty clear at this point what MAGA means.  Nothing has value unless there is a profit$$$$$  Even if it comes to human genocide.  People will remember that this president is the one who didn't care that ISIS was loosed on the world because Donald didn't see any value in Syria.  Just 'sand and death".

Renting out our military.  Only something that Donald Trump would do.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That must have been what that Crystal ball they were all putting their hands on in Saudi Arabia was about.  Telling the future that Trump sells us out to Saudi Arabia.

And where is the new Trump Tower going to be located in the Kingdom?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:58:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Its pretty clear at this point what MAGA means. 

My Attorney Got Arrested?

Nothing has value unless there is a profit$$$$$  Even if it comes to human genocide.  People will remember that this president is the one who didn't care that ISIS was loosed on the world because Donald didn't see any value in Syria.  Just 'sand and death".

Renting out our military.  Only something that Donald Trump would do.

If it's good for Donald it's good for America, and with Donald...deals were made to be broken, and everything's for sale

Offline Chosen Daughter

If it's good for Donald it's good for America, and with Donald...deals were made to be broken, and everything's for sale

That works too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The saudis DO "pay for everything", whether it be the people who produce their oil, who manage their other technologies, or who do their fighting for them. They're lazy and would rather pay others than do it themselves.

If we're going to be there, maintaing OUR interests as well as those of the saudis, we might as well be "paid for it" -- and paid highly.

----

Actually, I'd rather send a million troops to saudi arabia that are NOT "paid" by the saudis, but who instead depose the shieks, dismantle the kingdom, and destroy Mecca and Medina.

Then AND ONLY THEN would I be able to say that we're getting the desired results over there!