Author Topic: Trump announces ‘substantial’ China trade deal in the works  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://nypost.com/2019/10/11/trump-boasts-substantial-china-trade-deal-in-the-works/
Washington and Beijing agreed to a “substantial” interim trade deal on Friday, averting a tariff increase on Chinese goods that had been planned for Oct. 15 and auguring an export windfall for US farmers, President Trump said Friday.

The president’s announcement came during a meeting with Chinese trade negotiators in the Oval Office.

“Lots of respect for President Xi,” Trump told reporters of China’s leader, Xi Jinping.

“So we’ve had a tremendous really, negotiation, a very complex negotiation, but something that’s going to be great for both countries,” Trump said.

Ultimately, the deal is “a great thing for world peace,” he said.

“You know there was a lot of friction between the United States and China and now it’s a love fest.”

More at link...

The President is on a roll, everything seems to be breaking his way.  That is why I am so confident that this China deal will be advantageous to US consumers, businesses, and intellectual property, and not even worse than before President started this "easy to win" trade war.  A cynical man might point out this negotiation will prevent the 35% tarriff US consumers have demanded on Chinese goods just before Christmas, but politics is the art of the possible and this negotiation just became possible.  So much winning!

Now drop your pants, bend over, and recieve the love fest.  I am overflowing with MAGA.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:41:00 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Did he offer to sell China some Tegridy?
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Now drop your pants, bend over, and recieve the love fest.  I am overflowing with MAGA.

Had to lol at that one!

Was it anal leakage?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Had to lol at that one!

Was it anal leakage?
I have more than enough for my needs

Offline Mesaclone

"....requires that over the next two years, Chinese imports from US farms will grow to an annual rate of $40 billion to $50 billion. That’s more than double the previous  high-point of $16 to $17 billion. Currently annual US farm exports to China are at $8 billion"

If you are trying to make the case that this is not a tremendous success for the US economy...you're just showing your TDS. I was born and raised in Iowa and have a lot of friends who work in farming and agriculture...my father rain the Grain Inspection lab for much of Northwest Iowa...and this new agreement is huge for the farm industry.

This deal has major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast. It's significance really cannot be overstated...we go from a tariff situation stifling trade to large "required" increases in agricultural trade.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This deal has major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast. It's significance really cannot be overstated

Which is exactly why he hates it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

Which is exactly why he hates it!

Bingo.

"....requires that over the next two years, Chinese imports from US farms will grow to an annual rate of $40 billion to $50 billion. That’s more than double the previous  high-point of $16 to $17 billion. Currently annual US farm exports to China are at $8 billion"

If you are trying to make the case that this is not a tremendous success for the US economy...you're just showing your TDS.

*bouche* Oh My Word!!!   Exposed again!

This deal has major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast.

"Major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast," you say?  Well sign me up!!!  I love major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast.

It's significance really cannot be overstated...
  You did great. wink777
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:34:11 am by Once-Ler »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
" [Farmers] need to get out there and buy more land....and bigger tractors!"   ....Pres. Donald J. Trump
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Mesaclone

*bouche* Oh My Word!!!   Exposed again!

"Major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast," you say?  Well sign me up!!!  I love major positive implications for the President winning in Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania and for GOP candidates throughout the Midwest and Industrial Northeast.
  You did great. wink777

Seriously....why does it bother you so much that the President has struck what seems to be a tremendously beneficial deal for the United States with China? Its pretty clear that his standing tough on tariffs has brought them to the table...and its also pretty clear that our previous trade relationship with China was deeply detrimental to our own economic interests. So why wouldn't you be happy that a GOP President has made a trade deal that is so profoundly positive for our economy? I just don't get where you're coming from.

And yes, I expect some sarcastic or snarky answer but am actually hoping for a genuine one.

Seriously....why does it bother you so much that the President has struck what seems to be a tremendously beneficial deal for the United States with China? Its pretty clear that his standing tough on tariffs has brought them to the table...and its also pretty clear that our previous trade relationship with China was deeply detrimental to our own economic interests. So why wouldn't you be happy that a GOP President has made a trade deal that is so profoundly positive for our economy? I just don't get where you're coming from.

And yes, I expect some sarcastic or snarky answer but am actually hoping for a genuine one.
@Mesaclone
You call it a tremendous deal because Trump told you it was tremendous.  We have no details, in fact we have no deal.  To me it pretty clear Trump is caving but I'll have to wait until a deal comes...if it comes.  Trump came out to announce the mythical progress because he needs some good news on TV.

Offline Mesaclone

@Mesaclone
You call it a tremendous deal because Trump told you it was tremendous.  We have no details, in fact we have no deal.  To me it pretty clear Trump is caving but I'll have to wait until a deal comes...if it comes.  Trump came out to announce the mythical progress because he needs some good news on TV.

So your cover is that its all a lie. Which is ridiculous to anyone with even a remnant of sanity. Such a lie would be exposed almost immediately...unless of course you're arguing that the Chinese Vice Premier was also lying. He concurred that Chinese markets would be committing to the 40-50 billion dollar grain expenditure/market. Of course, Mnuchin and all the US negotiators are obviously in on this scheme of yours...talk about your aluminum foil-parent's basement-X File-Deep State conspiracy theory.

Of course, most "sane" people would stick to Occam's razor on this one rather than proclaiming a multi-nation conspiracy to fake an agreement on grain. But heck, why not pop the blue pill and go with the absurdly TDS scenario?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:39:48 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Neverdul

@Mesaclone

Sort of like when Trump announced in 2018 that North Korea no longer poses a nuclear threat?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/politics/trump-north-korea-nuclear-threat/index.html

North Korea threatens to resume nuke, long-range missile tests

https://www.militarytimes.com/flashpoints/2019/10/10/north-korea-threatens-to-resume-nuke-long-range-missile-tests/

Offline Neverdul

Oh and this trade deal is "phase one". Who knows what phase two or phase three will bring.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts

So your cover is that its all a lie.

yes

Offline Absalom

yes
-------------------------
Indeed, as Trump would lie for the slightest bit of attention; so a reflection.
China was ruled by Autocratic Emperors for some 4000 years, followed by military rule and
since 1950, Marxism; each crushing any creative/innovative impulse as a threat to their control.
So is it any wonder the Chinese have been cheating, lying and stealing forever?????
Yet such behavior is of no consequence to our 'Fat Wallet Posse' as long as the dollars keep
flowing in their direction; since for them principal will always surmount principle,
as their bottom line is always money!!!!!

Offline Mesaclone

-------------------------
Indeed, as Trump would lie for the slightest bit of attention; so a reflection.
China was ruled by Autocratic Emperors for some 4000 years, followed by military rule and
since 1950, Marxism; each crushing any creative/innovative impulse as a threat to their control.
So is it any wonder the Chinese have been cheating, lying and stealing forever?????
Yet such behavior is of no consequence to our 'Fat Wallet Posse' as long as the dollars keep
flowing in their direction; since for them principal will always surmount principle,
as their bottom line is always money!!!!!

Jack Nicholson said it best:

https://youtu.be/xsZPWsVNTqo

Offline Mesaclone

Right back at you @Mesaclone

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsZPWsVNTqo

So you stayed up until 3:03 AM to post the same youtube video of Nicholson that I posted...good lord, I must be REALLY living inside your head.

So you stayed up until 3:03 AM to post the same youtube video of Nicholson that I posted...good lord, I must be REALLY living inside your head.
@Mesaclone
Don't flatter yourself.  Trump is why I can't sleep

Offline Absalom

https://nypost.com/2019/10/11/trump-boasts-substantial-china-trade-deal-in-the-works/
More at link...
The President is on a roll, everything seems to be breaking his way.  That is why I am so confident that this China deal will be advantageous to US consumers, businesses, and intellectual property, and not even worse than before President started this "easy to win" trade war.  A cynical man might point out this negotiation will prevent the 35% tarriff US consumers have demanded on Chinese goods just before Christmas, but politics is the art of the possible and this negotiation just became possible.  So much winning!
---------------------
Your sarcasm and doubt is completely appropriate.
Trump's a yapper rather than an achiever as his
"to do" list continues expanding exponentially.
Wanna bet one of his campaign slogans in 2020 will be:
"Hey you gotta re-elect me as I still have so much to do"!!!

---------------------
Your sarcasm and doubt is completely appropriate.
Trump's a yapper rather than an achiever as his
"to do" list continues expanding exponentially.
Wanna bet one of his campaign slogans in 2020 will be:
"Hey you gotta re-elect me as I still have so much to do"!!!
I don't know how that works with the "promises kept" campaign they're already running.  They're running out of time to lock up crooked hitlery, repeal and replace Obamacare, drain the swamp, build the wall, eliminate the national debt, and restore our standing in the world.  It seems those campaign promises were so unimportant the Trump campaign is just gonna say "job done. promise kept."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Mesaclone

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Mesaclone

This pleases me.   88devil