Author Topic: Greg Gutfeld throws cold water on fervor over Fox News’ impeachment poll  (Read 850 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Greg Gutfeld throws cold water on fervor over Fox News’ impeachment poll
October 11, 2019 | Tom Tillison

There’s much to be said for the notion that polls have become useful tools of the left to drive public opinion, but does that still apply to a Fox News poll?

When looking at results, one must consider the size of the field being sampled and the make up that group, as well as how questions were crafted.

And with the media whipped into a lather over the prospects of impeaching President Trump, a new Fox News poll showing that 51 percent of registered voters back Trump being impeached is being cited as further proof that the American people have turned against the president.

But Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld, co-host of “The Five,” says not so fast.

The 2020 election was being discussed on Thursday’s show and co-host Juan Williams mentioned the Fox News poll. When co-host Dana Perino, who was acting as moderator, turned to Gutfeld to comment on the back and forth between Trump and 2020 Democratic candidate Joe Biden, he went back to the poll.

“I’ve been seeing this poll everywhere and I know it’s a Fox News poll but we got to point out that it’s weighted toward Democrats,” Gutfeld said. “From what I’ve seen, it’s 48 percent Democrats, 40 percent Republicans, 12 percent other. So it’s weighted for that.”

“Also, it is being taken at the fever pitch of media coverage about a single topic, so what do you expect,” he added — that being the current impeachment frenzy in the media.

In effect, Gutfeld said that time is sure to have an impact on the results.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/10/11/greg-gutfeld-throws-cold-water-on-fervor-over-fox-news-impeachment-poll-838157
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I don’t know anyone that gives a Flying Eff about a Fox News poll, or any other polls for that matter...

:3:

Offline Mesaclone

I don’t know anyone that gives a Flying Eff about a Fox News poll, or any other polls for that matter...

I give a flying F.

And I guarantee you that both Trump and Biden care...and get genuine polls and analysis, rather than the publicly available crap the rest of us have access to most of the time. Further, both will spin polling...even when they know that spin is a misrepresentation. That's just what politicians do...as consumers of that spin, however, we have to be discriminating in what we accept.

Further, Gutfeld is entirely correct that sampling, timing and methodology are everything. Polls are not predictors and they are consistently misread by pols who want to score a political point...Aggregate polls like RCP are inherently better and more consistent than individual polls, and Nate Silver occasionally puts forward some solid insights in his reading of polls (albeit he does have a demonstrable left wing bias...but his "statistical analysis" is outstanding in general).

Polls are a tool and are only effective when read properly and when those reading genuinely work to set aside their interpretation bias...which we all have.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:54:03 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
I give a flying F.

And I guarantee you that both Trump and Biden care...and get genuine polls and analysis, rather than the publicly available crap the rest of us have access to most of the time. Further, both will spin polling...even when they know that spin is a misrepresentation. That's just what politicians do...as consumers of that spin, however, we have to be discriminating in what we accept.

Further, Gutfeld is entirely correct that sampling, timing and methodology are everything. Polls are not predictors and they are consistently misread by pols who want to score a political point...Aggregate polls like RCP are inherently better and more consistent than individual polls, and Nate Silver occasionally puts forward some solid insights in his reading of polls (albeit he does have a demonstrable left wing bias...but his "statistical analysis" is outstanding in general).

Polls are a tool and are only effective when read properly and when those reading genuinely work to set aside their interpretation bias...which we all have.

That's right...  the private polls that they campaigns conduct and guard carefully...  the rest of this public crap is nothing but garbage....

And again, I know no one that has an iota of interest in this garbage....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's right...  the private polls that they campaigns conduct and guard carefully...  the rest of this public crap is nothing but garbage....

And again, I know no one that has an iota of interest in this garbage....

We know they are garbage but Joe Blow believes them...these polls are meant to sway public opinion that is why they are important to monitor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We know they are garbage but Joe Blow believes them...these polls are meant to sway public opinion that is why they are important to monitor

I don't think so.  I know what they are going to report before they report it so I see zero reason to monitor them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

Who's Joe Blow @mystery-ak

Offline conservativevoter

So, does this really surprise anyone?  In 2016, I drove down to Montpelier, Madison's estate, from southcentral Pennsylvania.  Not a SINGLE DIMORAT poster along the way through Pennsylvania and into the horse country of Virginia.  Not ONE!!  hmm..... who won the election, eh?   :whistle:

I am so frigging disgusted with Fox News, that the only program I watch on that network IS Greg Gutfeld!.

Since I have cable tv (not happy with it, either) are there any streaming services with decent shows AND a good news network, or do they all toady up to BO?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Offline Absalom

Hmm.......how 'bout replacing Smith w/Gutfeld???
Think of all that "Breaking News" and the babes?
Bet the Trump Fan Club will surely tune in!!!

Offline Mesaclone

Hmm.......how 'bout replacing Smith w/Gutfeld???
Think of all that "Breaking News" and the babes?
Bet the Trump Fan Club will surely tune in!!!

I'm sure there's a RINO network out there somewhere you can watch...full of TDS, Dem talking points, and passionate conservatives undermining the President. Don't fret.

Offline mrclose

Polls don’t tell you what anyone thinks.

Polls tell you what someone wants you to think.
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Polls don’t tell you what anyone thinks.

Polls tell you what someone wants you to think.

:yowsa: That is exactly right.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Absalom

I'm sure there's a RINO network out there somewhere you can watch...full of TDS, Dem talking points, and passionate conservatives undermining the President. Don't fret.
---------------------------------
Repeating, my guide is the principled conservatism
of Burke, as I have zero interest in any republicrat malarkey.
As for Trump, as long as he's alive, he hardly needs enemies.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 02:49:12 am by Absalom »

Offline Mesaclone

Burke prophetically defined NeverTrumpism “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”. NT's as a rule do nothing to help our conservative President...they sit on their hands and claim moral superiority while doing NOTHING of actual impact.

On the other hand, Trump fights the tyranny of Leftism...and were he alive Burke would fight along side of him.

Offline Absalom

Burke prophetically defined NeverTrumpism “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”. NT's as a rule do nothing to help our conservative President...they sit on their hands and claim moral superiority while doing NOTHING of actual impact.
On the other hand, Trump fights the tyranny of Leftism...and were he alive Burke would fight along side of him.
-----------------------------
Hmm...................uninterested in any urinary contest and you're
certainly entitled to your opinion about Trump's innate goodness.
Yet a coupla contrary opinions:
* He's no more a principled conservative than Attila the Hun was.
* The only thing he fights for is continuous attention, rather than
   his country, as his father's arranged heel spurs disability claim,
   allowed him to dodge the draft during the Viet-Nam War.
But remain enlightened.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:05:52 am by Absalom »

Offline Mesaclone

-----------------------------
Hmm...................uninterested in any urinary contest and you're
certainly entitled to your opinion about Trump's innate goodness.
Yet a coupla contrary opinions:
* He's no more a principled conservative than Attila the Hun was.
* The only thing he fights for is continuous attention, rather than
   his country, as his father arranged heel spurs disability claim,
   allowed him to dodge the draft during the Viet-Nam War.
But remain enlightened.

Using Attila the Hun as an analogy is akin to the idiocy that compares every Republican leader and conservative policy to Hitler...it demonstrates your own intellectual vacuousness and emotional immaturity while saying NOTHING about the individual you are criticizing.

I have no opinion whatsoever on President Trump's "innate goodness". None of us have the up close and personal access to any politician to discern what is in their hearts...I judge my vote and support on more ascertainable and concrete information, not the kind of angry emotionalism upon which YOUR particular "house built on the sand" seems to rest.

My opinion of Mr. Trump rests on his accomplishments as President, his stated goals (which he clearly fights for like a rabid wolf), and his ability to succinctly and correctly define the insanity of the Far Left, the moral narcissist NT's, and the RINO's.

As a Vet myself, I am not going to dwell on how people of wealth worked to get out of service...ie Clinton, Bush, etcetera. What these men's parents did for them 50 years ago may be abhorrent, but it says virtually nothing about any of these President's today. We have sufficient information to judge them on their job performance today...and I don't believe in visiting the sins of the father on the son.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:00:27 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I'll repeat my previous question: Who is your favorite for 2020?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Nobody calls me with a poll, and if they did, either I wouldn't even bother answering, or just lie to them.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Nobody calls me with a poll, and if they did, either I wouldn't even bother answering, or just lie to them.

Mega dittos.

Offline Absalom

Using Attila the Hun as an analogy is akin to the idiocy that compares every Republican leader and conservative policy to Hitler...it demonstrates your own intellectual vacuousness and emotional immaturity while saying NOTHING about the individual you are criticizing.
I have no opinion whatsoever on President Trump's "innate goodness". None of us have the up close and personal access to any politician to discern what is in their hearts...I judge my vote and support on more ascertainable and concrete information, not the kind of angry emotionalism upon which YOUR particular "house built on the sand" seems to rest.
My opinion of Mr. Trump rests on his accomplishments as President, his stated goals (which he clearly fights for like a rabid wolf), and his ability to succinctly and correctly define the insanity of the Far Left, the moral narcissist NT's, and the RINO's.
As a Vet myself, I am not going to dwell on how people of wealth worked to get out of service...ie Clinton, Bush, etcetera. What these men's parents did for them 50 years ago may be abhorrent, but it says virtually nothing about any of these President's today. We have sufficient information to judge them on their job performance today...and I don't believe in visiting the sins of the father on the son.
------------------------
I usually ignore noisy and abusive Veterinarians like you, yet a final retort is appropriate.
* what you grasp of principled conservatism wouldn't fill the SE quadrant of a stamp.
* your Hitler comment is a predictable slander, from one eternally self-righteous w/agita.
* reviewing Trump's "monumental accomplishments", I'd forgotten about his China
   Agreement, NK's surrender of nuclear weaponry, his Iran and Syria peacemaking,
   Kurdish sovereignty, the 2000 mile Wall that Mexico paid for, our massive national debt
   reduction, his spectacular Cabinet choices, repeated weekly. Wow, what a mensch!!!
It's beyond breathtaking that he's achieved so many meaningful and tangible results.
After reflection, its apparent both of you deserve each other!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:11:39 am by Absalom »

Offline Mesaclone

------------------------
I usually ignore noisy and abusive Veterinarians like you, yet a final retort is appropriate.
* what you grasp of principled conservatism wouldn't fill the SE quadrant of a stamp.
* your Hitler comment is a predictable slander, from one eternally self-righteous w/agita.
* reviewing Trump's "monumental accomplishments", I'd forgotten about his China
   Agreement, NK's surrender of nuclear weaponry, his Iran and Syria peacemaking,
   Kurdish sovereignty, that 2000 mile Wall Mexico paid for, our massive national debt
   reduction, his spectacular Cabinet choices, over and over again. Wow, what a mensch!!!
It's beyond breathtaking that he's achieved so many meaningful and tangible results.
Upon reflection, both of you deserve each other!!!!!

I'm an abusive Veterinarian? What?

Serious question:
Are you having some sort of mental health situation?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'm an abusive Veterinarian? What?

Serious question:
Are you having some sort of mental health situation?

Having followed/seen since your arrival, I can't imagine why anybody would take you on in such a personal way.

You are the epitome of class,reason and proper decorum.     :beer:

Maybe there's been a misunderstanding...somebody is "Uncle Norming" ** perhaps?

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Absalom

Having followed/seen since your arrival, I can't imagine why anybody would take you on in such a personal way.
You are the epitome of class,reason and proper decorum.     :beer:
Maybe there's been a misunderstanding...somebody is "Uncle Norming" ** perhaps? :laugh:
------------------------------
Misunderstanding??? Hardly!!!
Insisted he was a Vet; so I simply completed the label!!!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:08:23 am by Absalom »