Author Topic: NYT: Giuliani, Tillerson clashed over “prisoner swap” with Turkey  (Read 149 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
NYT: Giuliani, Tillerson clashed over “prisoner swap” with Turkey
Ed MorrisseyPosted at 9:21 am on October 11, 2019

Does this sound like a Tom Hanks movie? If so, let me ruin it for readers with this spoiler: Nothing actually happened in the end. The New York Times reports on an argument in the Oval Office between Rudy Giuliani and former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in which Giuliani proposed a prisoner swap with Turkey. The deal would have sent the man behind a notorious Iran-sanctions evasion scheme in exchange for Pastor Andrew Brunson, although you have to read a long way in to find that out:

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2019/10/11/nyt-giuliani-tillerson-clashed-prisoner-swap-turkey/

I posted on this morning, but it disappeared.  Here is the Hot Air response to the New York Times version of the story.  Although they say it was a nothing burger it was highly inappropriate.  I don't care who they wanted to swap, the guy was a criminal violating our sanctions law concerning Iran.  Turkey wanted this guy.  Something that wasn't reported about the fanfare of the release of the pastor.  Trump only saying he got it done.  Was there a deal and it fell through because the guy was convicted?  Who knows.  But now Trump is kissing Erdogan's butt.  Calling him a friend at the UN when he is a persecutor of religions other than his extremist Islam.

Questions.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:13:49 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.